Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: harvest in 2 sections to increase lower bud size. how to flush / feed at same time.

Thanks

Default harvest in 2 sections to increase lower bud size. how to flush / feed at same time.

Hi I started my flush Sunday just gone and I've just done some research to why my top buds are huge like coke cans and the bottom is like pees. Basically people are saying they chop the first half and then get the light closer and wait another week so the buds get loads bigger. Will I need to feed them as they are only gunna be getting watter as I'm flushing. I'm going to do my second flush tonight ready for 1st harvest this Sunday. When or can I put some flower feed in. Thanks for you help.

Thanks

That's a really good point fella, I may try this myself, keep us updated on how it goes, I wonder if you leave the stems on above that the plant will catabolise any energy stored in here for the lower buds, ( I don't know where cannabis stores its energy) it may not being perennial?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

Lots of growers harvest this way bro , I would just continue to give plain water til they fill out saves having to begin the flush again. I've never done the stage harvesting as I've always got my clones ready to replace but I've known lots of people to find it usefull

Up the irons

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,056 Times

tbh mate the majority of folk on this forum just remove all the lower shit during the early stages of 12/12 including me . I would rather the plant put all it's energy into building big , easy to trim colas than spend hours trimming small stuff . by the time you get to the point of flushing the plant has usually got as big as it's gonna get . the end is really all about waiting for the trics to get to your desired ration of cloudy/amber . if you have buds that are not fully ripe then this technique will allow them to ripen fully before harvesting but you really won't gain much . I have actually found while growing in hydro/rdwc that once the plants have gotten close to being ready they tend to stop eating ( as early as week 6 in an 8 weeker)so i don't even flush anymore i just top up with plain water and let them finish instead of dicking around doing a res change . G

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G_UNIT For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (03-09-15), Skunky n funky (04-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,672 Times

Im with G on this one i cba doing 2 trim sessions for the same plant thats long
    Just get the colas big and fat by removing said pop corn and away you go

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Donmitch0121 For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (04-09-15)

Thanks

Fair enough, hey when you say desired tri color ration, erm I know not of this? I just thought mostly orange was ready?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

G is spot on with what he said. Trichomes develop in stages. First they start clear go to cloudy and finally amber. There is a ton of info on this site if you use the search tab about how to tell when to harvest, or trichome development. Going by the hairs is not the right way to tell the only way to tell if a plant is ready is by trichomes. Pick up a jewelers loupe that's 40x+ zoom and you will be able to see them clearly. Good luck!
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

G_UNIT (04-09-15)

Thanks

Wink

I harvest mine when the trichomes start going cloudy, way before any color shows up. Personal preference.
    Some like mostly orange, I like mostly clear, and I am sure there are those liking all stages in between.

Nip a bud or two off in several different stages of maturity and find which are preferable to you. That is one of the great things about growing your own, the product can be customized for your personal preference instead of smoking what the other grower prefers.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phaeton For This Useful Post:

G_UNIT (04-09-15), Skunky n funky (04-09-15)

Thanks

So what's the difference between mostly cloudy and orange?

Thanks

Also, what's a trichome? Are they the little white hair things? Or something different, read something about someone using a magnifying glass, so I'm thinking it can't be the hairs,
    Is this a common mis conception that you go off the hairs colour?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast