Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Community by the fire, Come pull stump and share yur day ;)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Green Shadow View Post
    Sorry, thought it was a piece of ash.

Funny yual says that! Got me a piece of ash last night

BWD

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-16), Sun&Soil (26-12-21)

Thanks

Reckon I turn me back on the fire and yual settin at it aint to throwin any logs to the falme keepin the glow warm and inviting. Feel free to yip to anything that strikes yur fancy pilgrims. I aint particular on what we yap bout Enjoy yur weekend friends reckon I be set to drown some wigglers

BWD

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-16), Green Dreamz (22-04-16), She's-a-Lady (18-09-15), Sun&Soil (26-12-21)

organicmagic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BackWoodsDrifter View Post
    Reckon I turn me back on the fire and yual settin at it aint to throwin any logs to the falme keepin the glow warm and inviting. Feel free to yip to anything that strikes yur fancy pilgrims. I aint particular on what we yap bout Enjoy yur weekend friends reckon I be set to drown some wigglers

BWD
    Hello BWD

How you doing today? Why don't you kick it off with story of your wonders. I'm sure once it's started off people will be chucking wood on the fire frequently. Just needs a bit of kindling. I got one or two stories I could share, if appropriate.

Have a good day sir

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to organicmagic For This Useful Post:

BackWoodsDrifter (19-09-15), GEORGE (14-08-16)

Thanks

i have had a very frustrating day painting...doing a bedroom remodel, the lil diva wanted an ombre effect on her walls in all water blues...well...fck some ombre effect on walls is all i have to say!...and the only green i have is on my stunted mama....i am fighting the urge to go pilfer off of her while i contemplate my change in plans....

first world probs...overall, things are fine, i am just irked over wasted money time and effort...i hope the rest of ya are having a better day of it than i did

“Sit in a room and read...and read and read...your mind is brought onto that level, and you have a nice, mild, slow-burning rapture all the time.”

--J. Campbell

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrmaWillow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organicmagic View Post
    Hello BWD

How you doing today? Why don't you kick it off with story of your wonders. I'm sure once it's started off people will be chucking wood on the fire frequently. Just needs a bit of kindling. I got one or two stories I could share, if appropriate.

Have a good day sir
    Sir be my daddy pilgrim Id much rather be buddy or partner or friend as fur story well could tell tale bout lots reckon never been a bostin man more shy and reserved reckon fur the most part. Love the company by a fire though it always make it a little warmer

BWD

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrmaWillow View Post
    i have had a very frustrating day painting...doing a bedroom remodel, the lil diva wanted an ombre effect on her walls in all water blues...well...fck some ombre effect on walls is all i have to say!...and the only green i have is on my stunted mama....i am fighting the urge to go pilfer off of her while i contemplate my change in plans....

first world probs...overall, things are fine, i am just irked over wasted money time and effort...i hope the rest of ya are having a better day of it than i did
    Reckon now I be courious what this here "ombre effect" yual says ya doin? Don't reckon ever heard turm before

BWD

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

an ombre effect is a fade...3 horizontal stripes on the wall in equitable sections, going from lightest color at the top of the wall fading through to darkest color at the bottom..in order to achieve it, you have to cut in each color, fill each in and then blend at the lines of demarcation with a brush...prob is that by the time you cut in and fill the paint has begun to dry, so blending is difficult, leaves brush lines in the paint and leaves things streaky...i tried going over it with a damp brush and doing in small sections but this leaves splashes of water on the wet pain below the lines and the lines of demarcation between sections shows and then that has to be blended too and does not blend well

in other words...it sucks...even diva was like wth?..no...so...i am going with a solid color, a mix of the lightest and mid grade colors and calling it done...moving on to staining the trim, painting the metal window framing to a hammed brass and stripping the footstool to stain and match the trim and the wood (her theme is 'under the sea; wood stained to look like old sunken ship wood) of the loft bed unit we will begin building week after next (have carpet to install next week first)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrmaWillow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sounds mighty beautiful and remind me lookin to lakes side. thanks fur sharin friend hope they be appreciating what yual do

BWD

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Got a dead critter in the roof me grow shed gain this year, sure don't smell like mj but just rotting flesh. Guess that's a normal smell were I be

BWD

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-16), Green Dreamz (22-04-16), SkunkBudda403 (27-09-15), Sun&Soil (26-12-21)

Thanks

Sure be quiet next to flame this night. Hope all is safe and warm by there's hope in. Sorry I aint a great host to these here thread things but hope in time yual feel the need fur warmth and friendship and just share the gift of new found frienships with nothing but chawin the fat. Safe and love to all here this trail walkin

BWD

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (29-09-15), GEORGE (14-08-16), Oxy (29-09-15), Sun&Soil (26-12-21)

Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast