Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Perpetual PC Case - 12/12 From Seed - Using 85W-127W CFL (Seasonal)

Thanks

Interesting stuff

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quib For This Useful Post:

redisiel (24-10-15), smacka (14-09-15)

Thanks

Hey so what is the strain or was it from the mixed bag of seeds?

The Duder's Super Skunk Fem HID Grow Diary - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070408972

The Duder's Mandarin Kush LED PC Grow Diary - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070408986

"A bowl a day keeps the doctor away"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDuder For This Useful Post:

redisiel (24-10-15), SkunkBudda403 (28-09-15), smacka (14-09-15)

Thanks

Week 3 update

G'day! So we've just passed the third week from seed, and our lady is doing pretty well. I gave her two 1/2 strength feeds within a week and – as you can see in the last photos – a couple of her leaf tips started curling/clawing.

I'm new to plant life and am doing my best to respect her needs, and pick up on the messages she's sending. Could be a lot better, obviously, but overall she looks fairly happy.

The Flicks

Here's an update on where we're at...

Pot shot #1 and #2

Just a couple angles to give you an idea of her size and let you know how she's looking.

Close up

My girls tend to show signs between week 4 and 6, but this photo might show the very early stages of pre-flowering. She seems to be growing much faster and popping new leaves, likely because she's had some nutes to go along with her watering.

Next up she'll get a good watering, and a few days after that, I'll put her nutes into top gear and see how she appreciates it.

For now, I'd like to let you into my – behind closed doors – kinkier side.

Bondage...

To keep girls in the case small, I like to LST (sometimes called FIM? I think?) rather than super cropping to create a two-headed dragon. I believe in low-stress growing techniques so cutting the top/main growth off of a seedling in a 12/12 from seed setup seems counter productive so I stay away from it.

Again, this is a constraint of the micro-growing community. If these were outdoor or had time to veg, then super-cropping/pinching is far less of an issue, but given that my setup demands a plant be in full growth at all times of its 12/12 life, this feels like a better method.

Here's a link to the whole album.

What are your thoughts, so far?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

redisiel (24-10-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuder View Post
    oh ok that makes more sense. Good luck on the grow
    Thanks Dude! You'll see I go against the grain in a few ways when it comes to this setup. I've had a bunch of time to think about what does and does not make sense and have drawn conclusions that some people think are silly.

Re: larger pots – I don't have room
    Re: veg – I don't have a veg period, these are all 12/12 from seed

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmoker840 View Post
    great stuff!! looking forward to seeing the results of a fellow PC grower!!
    Thanks jpsmoker840. I'm following along on your journey as well. Can't wait to see how things progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Quib View Post
    Interesting stuff
    Thanks Quib. I see PC grows as science experiments, as much as they are personal grows. In my case, taking a perpetual approach in such a small space forces me to 12/12 from seed. And I have no problem with that. If I were to veg two plants in there, I might be able to get a half 14 grams from each plant and end up with 28 grams.

But with a perpetual setup, I'm able to plunk a seed in every month, and pull 10 grams every month, to get 30 grams in the same period.

Ontop of this, if one plant fucks up, my down time is only 1 month until the next plant is ready, rather than 3 months.

I'm brand new to the game, but as I dial this in I think we'll be able to see the clear benefits that perpetual provides in a micro setup.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuder View Post
    Hey so what is the strain or was it from the mixed bag of seeds?
    I mentioned this earlier but thought I'd reiterate for you; this particular seed is a feminised bagseed, sent to me by a friendly seed company. In one week the second seed is dropped in, and I know the strain on that one, so stay tuned to find out.

For now, I know she's a she, but I don't know what she is. Just by looking, I can say she's Indica dominant but beyond that? *shrugs*

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

Quib (15-09-15), redisiel (24-10-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smacka View Post
    Bondage...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

redisiel (24-10-15)

Thanks

Your pc grow is not far off my tent . My tent is 50x50x100cm it's amazing what you can achieve in a small space !! Your grow is looking really good 😊

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beral1 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (24-10-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beral1 View Post
    Your pc grow is not far off my tent . My tent is 50x50x100cm it's amazing what you can achieve in a small space !! Your grow is looking really good 
    Hey beral1, thanks! It'll be interesting to see this box fill up over the next 90 days

Realised I hadn't posted with regards to the size of my pc case, so for reference, my grow chamber is 35cm x 32cm x 19cm or 0.75sq. ft in total.

I checked out your grow diary, things are looking great. I'll be sure to check back.

One day I'll have the room to setup a tent like that (for reference your box is is 8.83sq. ft or 12x the size of mine!!! – grrr, super envious mate), and perhaps larger if we can get Federal legalisation!

Hope you stick around for the whole thing!
    Last edited by smacka; 14-09-15 at 07:49 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

beral1 (15-09-15), redisiel (24-10-15)

Thanks

Wow that is small looked bigger in your pics 😊 looks great though !! I will definitely stick around and follow your grow . Sending positive growing vibes while I enjoy the journey 😀

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beral1 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (24-10-15), smacka (17-09-15)

Thanks

Week 1 of flowering, week 5 from seed.

So it's been nearly two weeks since I last updated you.

Things are plugging along and our lady has switched from pre-preflower, then last week into preflower, and this week I'm thinking we're into week 1 of true flowering.

These photos were taken last week.

She's not had two drinks of full strength nutes, and while her leaf tips are curling, there doesn't seem to be any burn, so I'm hoping that this weeks watering will clear her out and she'll be ready to keep up the great work.

We have a new addition to the family. (week 5/12)

Things are starting to pick up in the PC, as since we passed the 28 day mark, in the name of perpetual grows, that means we need to add a girl to the family...

On Day 29, I set a seed to sprout and two days later she'd cracked.

As of these photos, she's been plotted in another pot, and is raised up to the light. Risers seem to be key in micro-growing due to the limitations of fixed lights. I use various yoghourt containers.

Ack! Houston, we have a problem!

The last photo kind of shows the lowest leaves (three-petals) yellowing. I had attributed to being on week 3 with no nutes, after that I gave her 1/4 strength nutes twice, and the leaves kept yellowing so I decided that on the next feed (feed, feed, water... feed, feed, water...) I would step up to full strength, which she's been at for two feeds.

Sounds like that's a Nitrogen defficiency, which makes sense if she was on week three with no nutes. I'm going to try 1/4 strength nutes after 14 days this time around to try and catch those early. For now they receive nothing but bloom nutes, because I was broke and had to make hard decisions.

Can anyone help me understand how plants react to nutes vs. lights?

Since she's 12/12 from seed, would it benefit her to receive some veg nutes, perhaps 1/4 strength on weeks 2–4, then from 4–onwards bloom? Or is it stressful to receive veg nutes during 12/12?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

redisiel (24-10-15)

Thanks

Nitrogen deficiency?!

So I thought I'd snap some naturally lit pics to show you what I'm assuming is Nitrogen def.

Can anyone confirm, and if so, whether I should worry about it now that she's on full strength nutes?

Look who decided to show

Only 24 hours (12 hours of light) since being dropped in soil, we have life in our second container.

This means I'll need to make a third set of my tub-in-tub setup (just 28 days from today I drop in my third seed).

Right, I'll get on that today.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to smacka For This Useful Post:

redisiel (24-10-15)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast