Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: venturi anyone?

Thanks

Default venturi anyone?

Hey dudes, im finished buildin my waterfall rdwc system, and am thinkin about incorporatin a venturi into it.
    I was lookin at 22mm pipe with a tee facin upwards. Inside the tee i was plannin puttin a bit of 19mm hose, with some slots cut in nthe bottom.
    Now the idea is that this slotted hose would slide down the up pipe of the tee, till you reached the sweet spot, where it would introduce air into the passin water in a venturi effect,
    obviously you would have to raise and lower it until it started to take the air on board, but im sure it would.
    This would hopefully increase the DO in the totes no?

Has anyone tried this, and do you think it would work. or am i pissin into the wind?
    I am usin a 3000 litre per hour pump

Any input?

thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I just googled venturi effect... my head now hurts!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

look at this, it will stun you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4czczYnuM_w

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by heizenberg View Post
    look at this, it will stun you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4czczYnuM_w

Venturi air flow 1 - Fish 0

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

my god!!! i need one in my brain pot lol couldnt have it in a plant pot the roots would be smashed to fuck lol

Thanks

Hey IJ, nice to see you its billy bob here, from the old place.
    Still experimentinj with hydro?

Also need to check out diffusers, they look the tits, with oxyjenated water all over the shop

7. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

ironjustice (02-10-15)

Thanks

Yes used theses on skimmers on a old marine fish. If it's worth adding then I have a spare. Bud I would imagine at some point water will reach s oxygen saturation point which might be reached with just a air stone ?

Thanks

ahh never thoujht of that, but you are rite. i was thinkin about puttin one in line just out of the res, and noticed that its possible to rejulate the amount of bubbles, by raisin or lowerin the insert tube.
    may be worth a try, no?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

Quote Originally Posted by heizenberg View Post
    Hey IJ, nice to see you its billy bob here, from the old place.
    Still experimentinj with hydro?

Also need to check out diffusers, they look the tits, with oxyjenated water all over the shop
    hello billy bob me old china... hows tricks? yeah this is right up my street, im thinking of making a 4 plant rdwc system out of an 84l really useful box and a 40l really useful box as the brain pot, and one of these in the main tote where the plants live would be fucking amazing... obviously thats a bit powerful to have with live plants roots in but a toned down version would do the job... i know the 2500l pump came with a venturi attachment but i didnt use it, its just a pipe that fits into an inlet, with some airline coming out that sits above the waterline...

am i still experimenting with hydro? hmm.. do one legged ducks swim round in circles? lol course i am dude, i got two journals on one with organic mud and one with an alien undercurrent system i have modded so its a top fed rdwc system but still got airstones in.. want to get rid of the airstones and am going to get membrane tube diffusers in each bucket as they are the tits.. i have to look into them more, but the alien rdwc pro systems have them in the brain pots.. look really good tbh..

thats if i dont have another bash with the aquaponics... which i need to do at some point, i need to get that fired back up cos growth rate in veg was stupid..

peace.. IJ

Thanks

thinjs are fine mate, im doin a tree just now, its a home bred cross of critical kush, ojee kush and lemon kush, its a winner i reckon, very lemony.

and great minds think alike man, its spooky so it is.

ive recently finished a 4 pot rdwc system, 84 litre totes, 2 pots per tote (only way it would fit my 1.2 tent) with waterfalls and (temprary) airston in each just till they are started off and the roots hit the water. after this the stones come out and its waterfalls all the way. i am usin a 3000l/hr pump on it

glad to see your still at it and i will have tolook into this diffusers i reckon.

im also doin an orjanic adventure the now, and have a 5 pot (84 litres each) system which i will start when my lemon tree is done in a few weeks. it will have a 5000l/hr pump.

what about aeroponics, you tried it?
    Last edited by badbillybob; 03-10-15 at 09:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast