Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st grow in coco and wilma 4 mentored by Judd007

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Hey Daz,

Well I have my thinking cap on I thought I would write down a few things that you may need to think about going forward. These aren't things you need to answer straight away but more things to think about.

1. Its best to let water sit for at least 24 hrs before you use it to feed your plants, this is so chlorine and other additives can disperse. You may want to look at getting a reservoir of some kind, I use a 60 litre recycling bin, as my reservoir is 50 litres, I have put a picture below:

2. You will need to be able to transfer this into the Wilma reservoir, you can do it by hand, but its quicker and less painful to use some hose and a water pump.

3 Its best to start off in a small pot as above, like a yoghurt pot I usually then pot up to a 1 or 5 litre pot, then get them in their final pots.

4 Do you have any Canna Rhizotonic or another root stimulant, this will really help the roots establish in the pots, and then you will get bigger bushier plants.

5. Emptying the Wilma, not as straight forward as you may think when its got 50 litres of feed in it, you can use the supplied pump but it will not properly empty the reservoir. So again you may need to empty the last 10 litres or so by hand.

Like I say these are things to think about, and if you need help or idea's then ask
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 08-10-15 at 06:34 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (09-10-15), ERBURT (08-10-15), H3RBIE (08-10-15), kbag (08-10-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Judd about time you mentored someone imo, Dazmandaz your in good hands and atb guys on this grow.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

Buster (09-10-15), Dazmandaz (09-10-15), ERBURT (08-10-15), Samwise Gamgee (08-10-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    Judd about time you mentored someone imo, Dazmandaz your in good hands and atb guys on this grow.
    Really glad you have subbed up kbag, all the wacky idea's I have had over my grows you have been totally honest about them, and pretty much all the time you have been right

Well actually all of the time lol

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Buster (09-10-15), Dazmandaz (09-10-15), ERBURT (08-10-15), kbag (08-10-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Judd007 View Post
    Really glad you have subbed up kbag, all the wacky idea's I have had over my grows you have been totally honest about them, and pretty much all the time you have been right

Well actually all of the time lol
    Lol Judd i wish, nothing wrong with wacky ideas that is how most things come about.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

Buster (09-10-15), Dazmandaz (09-10-15), ERBURT (08-10-15), Samwise Gamgee (08-10-15)

Bulls Guest

I will sub to this one as well fellas. Good luck. I am currently growing 4 of them incredible bulks and it's so far so good. Good luck guys.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (09-10-15), ERBURT (08-10-15), Samwise Gamgee (09-10-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Judd007 View Post
    Hey Daz,

Well I have my thinking cap on I thought I would write down a few things that you may need to think about going forward. These aren't things you need to answer straight away but more things to think about.

1. Its best to let water sit for at least 24 hrs before you use it to feed your plants, this is so chlorine and other additives can disperse. You may want to look at getting a reservoir of some kind, I use a 60 litre recycling bin, as my reservoir is 50 litres, I have put a picture below:

2. You will need to be able to transfer this into the Wilma reservoir, you can do it by hand, but its quicker and less painful to use some hose and a water pump.

3 Its best to start off in a small pot as above, like a yoghurt pot I usually then pot up to a 1 or 5 litre pot, then get them in their final pots.

4 Do you have any Canna Rhizotonic or another root stimulant, this will really help the roots establish in the pots, and then you will get bigger bushier plants.

5. Emptying the Wilma, not as straight forward as you may think when its got 50 litres of feed in it, you can use the supplied pump but it will not properly empty the reservoir. So again you may need to empty the last 10 litres or so by hand.

Like I say these are things to think about, and if you need help or idea's then ask
    Hi guys welcome aboard

hi judd were already working our way through the list

1: hes already got a 60 litre container filled with water also have an air pump and stone running through it to help air it and oxygenate it

2:got a pump and hose for this job

3&4:were of to the hydro on sat to get the coco pelets and rhizo for the roots ,also have different size pots for up potting ,done photos previously

5: we will sort something out ..

the seeds are germinating, the paper towel method they should be ready for the coco pellets on saturday .

will update you when we have the stuff and thanks again judd much appreciated mate

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (09-10-15), kbag (09-10-15), Samwise Gamgee (09-10-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmandaz View Post
    Hi guys welcome aboard

hi judd were already working our way through the list

1: hes already got a 60 litre container filled with water also have an air pump and stone running through it to help air it and oxygenate it

2:got a pump and hose for this job

3&4:were of to the hydro on sat to get the coco pelets and rhizo for the roots ,also have different size pots for up potting ,done photos previously

5: we will sort something out ..

the seeds are germinating, the paper towel method they should be ready for the coco pellets on saturday .

will update you when we have the stuff and thanks again judd much appreciated mate
    Great news fella, glad you have everything in hand, it will make your life easier going forward

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (09-10-15), ERBURT (09-10-15), kbag (09-10-15)

Thanks

just to let you know got the seeds popped in the coco pellets in a heated propagator ,all looking good so far , dont think i need to post a picture of a coco pelllet showing nothing yet so wont bother lol

but will defo do loads of photos when further on

and good luck with yer grow mate

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (11-10-15), H3RBIE (11-10-15), Samwise Gamgee (11-10-15)

Thanks

Great news mate, I decided yesterday to get the GSC seeds into germinate, so we should pretty much be growing in parallel

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (11-10-15), ERBURT (11-10-15), H3RBIE (11-10-15)

Thanks

When do we move the seedlings fro. The coco pellets to a pot?

Also the Web site for rhizo says 4ml per litre water. That to hot?

Also when will we be using the wilma to feed them?

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast