Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can you make a new autoflowering strain (regular) and its counter part photo period f

Thanks

Default Can you make a new autoflowering strain (regular) and its counter part photo period f

Can you make a new autoflowering strain (regular) and its counter part photo period (regular seeds) from two award wining feminised strains lol

Now I have an idea what most of you will say but I'm half way there already so looking for experienced views on this if poss.
    Last edited by Doc-j; 13-10-15 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

I believe that the auto trait is a dominate gene? But I wouldn't take that as Gospel...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Well interestingly the seeds look more like autos then they would normally on the same plant. I seem to remember something about a likely hood of maybe getting 25% of the offspring be auto.
    I cant wait to see if its more and what kind of .

Without going on to much long story short I have seeds now from two clones, one polinated from fem pollen from a batch of several hundred seeds, and 1 from a weird fluke seemingly true male from the 700 seeds, not a hermie, no hairs, just balls.

So i was thinking perhaps have room to make an auto version and regular version by breeding with the two batches, 1 which should all be feminised, and the other which should be regular or thats the theory.

Can you shed any light on this, I'd heard about people finding males in fem seeds but took me 700 seeds to find one and believe it

Thanks

With feminised seeds there should be a zero chance of a male assuming the XY chromosome model (an XO theory is floated about cannabis but that's a different story...)... but, for whatever reason, there is a male plant

So... I assume that we are fine with the photo breeding and asking about the auto side of things?

The 25% you quote above, should, in theory, be a minimum percentage presuming that the Autoflowering trait is dominant... (Let's call that X)

Auto parent - XX, XY, Xy, YX, yX

Photo parent - YY,Yy,yy,yY

(I think that covers the permutations?)

However, there is nothing to explain why you think the seeds would be feminised if they are pollinated from a male... or am I missing the crux of this?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (20-12-15)

Thanks

hi I havent explain very clearly.

From a batch of several hundred autofem seeds I found a male which I didn't think was possible but it reminds me of the saying nature finds a way.

I grew that and pollinated a regular light cycle strain ( one of two clones)

I grew more autos from the initial batch and chose one with the features I wanted and made fem pollen colloidal silver method.

So used the auto fem pollen to dust the other regular light cycle clone.

Both produced seed

So I'm thinking one will have feminised seeds which will be some auto and some regular, hopefully a nice result as both parents were selected.

The other I'm wondering will produce regular seeds which are some auto and some regular but this is a bit of a wild card due to the mystery locked within the male

So What I am thinking is if I find a nice specimen from the fem seed batch I can either carry on making a fem line and if find an auto male or regular male in the other batch can cross them to make a new regular strain in both auto and regular light cycle seeds.

Of course this could take some time but the basis of this is that if this male was a male then its reintroduced the male asspect thus enabling the grow to potentally have the basis for the development of a new hybrid..

Correct me if If wrong I'm not an expert I just play with theories a bit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc-j For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Your theory seems sound, just be a little careful with too much inbreeding rather than back crossing

9. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok thanks

i'll update this post when i learn anything of this potentially very useful new medical strain

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc-j For This Useful Post:

M_C (14-10-15), Skunky n funky (20-12-15)

Thanks

just thought id stick some pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151219_002020.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	316021

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc-j For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Name:	IMG_20151219_002053.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	316022

Name:	IMG_20151219_001919.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	316023

Thanks

They all look the same really at the mo, at about 4.5 weeks i think, bout 9 nodes each plant,, looking very much like the auto parent,, 3 very much so but no smell,, 1 was stinking at week 3, and two others have developed a smell,, just starting to see preflowers on some of the plants..

How this will go I dunno,, be interesting to see if any hairs show up in next few weeks

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc-j For This Useful Post:

M_C (19-12-15), Skunky n funky (20-12-15)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast