Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: High PH I think

ganjagunman Guest

Tomato nutes in DWC ? Is that possible? Get some proper PH down and a proper EC and PH meter.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Jane Green (08-11-15)

Thanks

No it isn't citric acid, Ascorbic acid is completely different and a lot weaker in many ways it is just vitamin c.

As a slightly off topic aside, Ascorbic acid was the subject of the first ever clinical trial carried out it was found to be a specific cure for Scorbitus (scurvey). But the results were ignored for years.
    Humans and one small guinea pig type of rodent are the only animals unable to synthesise Vitamin C so we have to take it in some form, fortunately there is lots of it in the meat of all other animals as well as fruit and vegetables. Well I did say it was a bit off topic

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jane Green For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ganjagunman View Post
    Tomato nutes in DWC ? Is that possible? Get some proper PH down and a proper EC and PH meter.
    Certainly seem to be, they are fully soluble leaving no residue in the mixing bottle and the plant I have left is doing great apart from the probable PH issues. My other plant had to be culled due to root rot fortunately they were isolated in completely separate reservoirs.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Phosphoric Acid is what is in pH Down.
    Cheaper to buy it as the acid... 231466854133

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Phosphoric Acid is what is in pH Down.
    Cheaper to buy it as the acid... 231466854133
    The one I got, no longer exists. Try this one instead... 161768962523

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Green View Post
    No it isn't citric acid, Ascorbic acid is completely different and a lot weaker in many ways it is just vitamin c.

As a slightly off topic aside, Ascorbic acid was the subject of the first ever clinical trial carried out it was found to be a specific cure for Scorbitus (scurvey). But the results were ignored for years.
    Humans and one small guinea pig type of rodent are the only animals unable to synthesise Vitamin C so we have to take it in some form, fortunately there is lots of it in the meat of all other animals as well as fruit and vegetables. Well I did say it was a bit off topic
    Well , you're close to correct . " primates, guinea pigs, teleost fishes, bats, and some birds, all of which require it as a dietary micronutrient "
    No matter where you go , there you are .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dickiefickle For This Useful Post:

Jane Green (11-11-15)

Thanks

well i was close enough, Havent looked into it that far, anyway fish and birds aren't mammals

Thanks

Meanwhile back in the groom, I got my pH meter thingy and calibrated it to the test solution and the reservoir pH is at 5.9, I checked the meter again when I got down from the grow room and it was still spot on to the calibration media, so much for the litmus strips the're are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

At least I can check my pH now so I will know if its out of the optimum range for DWC Hydro.

Thanks

I buy all my acids and other chemicals from APC on ePay. They always have what I require including 40% Hydrofluoric acid which is one you definitely don't want to mess with or have on or near your plants or your person the bloody stuff is a deadly skin absorbed poison. But its great for etching or dissolving glass and other fun stuff.

Thanks

I buy all my acids and other chemicals from APC on ePay. They always have what I require including 40% Hydrofluoric acid which is one you definitely don't want to mess with or have on or near your plants or your person the bloody stuff is a deadly skin absorbed poison. But its great for etching or dissolving glass and other fun stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast