Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Growing cannabis and social services involvement if caught.

Thanks

Question Growing cannabis and social services involvement if caught.

So I'm looking to do my first grow pretty soon - I'm still making my grow box and ensuring it all runs and works perfectly with no light or smell seepage. I'm taking every precaution to not get caught.

I'm only planning on growing 2 or 3 plants, 4 plants absolute tops - I don't have the room for any more than 4!

My main concern now is my daughter. I live with the missus and our toddler daughter. Although I'm taking every precaution to minimise the chances of getting caught, there's always that worry in the back of my mind - especially once I get to the flowering stage and smell can become a bigger issue.

The last thing I want is to jeopardize my family. I know social services can be ruthless!

What is likely to happen should I get caught growing 4 (max) plants with my daughter in the house? My grow box is in the loft so there's absolutely no way she could ever get near it. It will be padlocked. The missus is completely *unaware* that I have the grow box in the loft. My daughter will have absolutely no idea what is in the loft, nor will she ever come into contact with any weed produced in my box or otherwise.

Would we have social services involved for the foreseeable future? Would they try to take our daughter away from us?

My daughter is a very happy little girl - we have a very clean, happy home - she is never put in any danger by us and is loved and cared for greatly. Obviously I smoke weed, as does the missus sometimes. Neither of us take any other drugs these days and this would be verified should they drug test us. I never smoke weed around my daughter, it is always once she has gone to bed. My weed and paraphernalia are always well out of the reach of our daughter.

This is the only thing holding me back from finishing my grow box and progressing with my grow. If there's a risk of losing my daughter over it I may have to rethink whether it's worth me growing at home.

Does anyone have any experiences they can share regarding situations like this? Has anyone else ever had social services involved for growing weed? What was the outcome?

If anyone is kind enough to chip in, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (23-11-15), GEORGE (14-05-20), SkunkBudda403 (11-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Put your hands up and say "It's a fair cop" admit to it and you should only get a slap on the wrist as long as it is a first offence and you are going to grow the numbers you've quoted - Keep safe light leak - caught. Smell leak - caught. Loose lips - caught. Wife leak - a good feckin slapping LOL. Yes social services would get involved so be sure this is for you - if you don't think it's worth the risk then DON'T.
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

BobHop (10-11-15), Clarice_Starling (23-11-15), Donmitch0121 (11-11-15), GEORGE (14-05-20), SkunkBudda403 (11-11-15)

Thanks

Cheers mate. When people say a slap on the wrist, this still results on a criminal record right? If so, generally how long does that stay on ones record for before it's spent.

I don't have a criminal record, never been in trouble with the police. Myself and my partner are both full time working professionals - we're decent people, in my humble opinion. No person knows of my intended grow. I've had no related items delivered to my house, most items have been bought over the counter with cash so there's no trace as to what I've been buying.

I'm hoping that if I were to ever get caught, (touch wood it never happens) I'd get off lightly due to my unblemished record and the face that I plan on only growing a very small number of plants purely for personal use. What really winds me up is that the authorities don't want drug dealers on our streets; they claim they are the scourge of society, yet want to prosecute people for growing their own weed. Growing your own weed cuts down on crime itself (albeit growing is a 'crime'). At least by growing a few plants for personal use it cuts out the need for dealers, thus taking them out of the game.

Regarding social services involvement; I've heard stories of people who'v grown and been caught and social services have got involved, and I've heard others where people have been caught and social services were never even informed.

I know social services do not see things in the same way as most of society, but I'd really like to know how growing 3 or 4 cannabis plants that are completely unreachable and undetectable is putting a child at risk. It's a complete and utter joke really.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (23-11-15), GEORGE (14-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,664 Times

Well not sure where you live but here in Canada our family has been dealing with SS for the last 2 1/2 years. It's over but this week it will be official our last court date and we are on awesome terms with SS and all the other support we have received.

It's a long story but the child (step son)was taken away from my Partners Ex husband with charges of abuse (mental and physical), he ended up stabbing another Child with a pencil and we got a call from SS that they wanted to transfer him to the hospital for a mental health assement, the partner agreed to it.

all the abuse came to lite during the assement. The ex was a complete dick and ran his mouth about myself and my partner about us smoking weed and drinking. I was a fairly heavy drinker at the time and a heavy smoker if weed. He was so severely abused that he had to live in a group home for adolescent pre-teens to help him recover. We complied with everything SS asked and we're honest and it worked out for the better.

SS was more concerned about alcohol than the Marijuana I was completely honest when they asked me and openly admited to drinkng a beer or two daily and smoking a coulple joints a dsy. There's no sense in lying if they were planing a drug test. Because I would have failed there is no question there.
    They asked me.to take some Addictions counciling which I did and completed and they were happy. They never drug tested me maybe partly because I was completely open as was the woman. During this time we also had a the step daughter living with us and they say she was well cared for and there were no concerns.

They actually gave me the OK to smoke weed while theu weye involoved. 100% honest. Provided I didn't involve the kids while doing it, but asked me to refrain from drinking or drink away from the house not around the kids. As the ex dad was a abusive alcoholic who would abuse the stepson.

Social services isn't there to rip family apart, provided your willing to address your actions and seek help and bettering of the environment for the child. If your worried about it retain a lawyer and consult with him/her don't take my advice. but there were my experience with them.

1-i'd make sure you grow is tightly secured and out of site from the kids
    2- make sure it's a clean set up. No lose/broken wires. Safe working equipment don't cut corners with shoddy equipment that might be a hazard. It's your familys home not a cash cropper.
    3- set times when kids will not be around. (While they sleep or are in school)
    4-odor control (face It there is a chance of getting punched and what is a few bucks on a proper filter) no need going through the drama of getting caught
    5-never sell or show your grow to anyone.
    6- it's a Percy grow just a few well grown plants keep it small for your personal needs. They do get strict when your growing over 7 plants here and kids are involved.

During this time I've had a grow on the go, I've had SS in the house multiple time, have had aid workers visit weekly, school leasons etc.

One time we had a suprise visit and we felt the need to shut up shop. If you get that feeling it's best to look out for your famils welfare and lean to grow another day. Give it a rest and start back up when things have cooled down.

I'm a proud stoner, there is nothing wrong with MJ and I like to think I'm a great step father to the two children I'm raising and weed doesn't make me an unfit person.
    All in all it worked out for the best. He's now living full time back at home (we had tried for years to have the dad let him live with us but he refused and constantly traveled across Canada living out of a 5th wheel trailer) attending a school and is in lots of extra activities like normal kids should be. He still suffered from ODD, ADHD and some other diagnosed disorders. He's changed 100%

Skunkbudda403

SkunkWorx - My currant Multi-Strain Perpetual 'Garden of Eden' Grow Adventures
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...5281-SkunkWorx

SkunkWorx 'Cacti Adventures'
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=165421

Interesting PDF Books: (Everything from A-Z will now mostly post Cannabis & Horticulture Information/Books)
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129856

Skunkbudda's Random Horticulture (Non Cannabis Garden):
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=131105

Skunkbudda goes Strain Hunting:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=134649

Skunkbudda403's Show:
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=127664

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

BobHop (11-11-15), Clarice_Starling (23-11-15), GEORGE (14-05-20)

Thanks

Maybe I should explain why I had to shut up shop once. Kids were in school I was in the basement trimming some plants up and a aid worker poped over for a visit... big suprise. The woman/Mrs budda opened the door and seeing as the door of the groom was open and I was trimming the smell of a Grow was very noticable. She was open and asked what the smell was I said in had just smoked a joint. She said it didn't sMell like burnt weed. But I insisted.

After the meeting we removed all plants from the house. I kept my lights going with some pepper plants in case someone got snoopy and wanted to inspet the house.

Nothing came of it. We waited a good couple month and now I'm growing another day. But with stricter protocols and communication with the woman not to answer the door if I'm working during the day or in the late evening/early AM. For anyone.

Skunkbudda403

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One othee thing I would like to comment on. You say your keeping it secret from your partner?
    Is that wise?

I'd have concerns with out the consent if my partner. There could be a whole heap of backlash should she find out.

God forbid tour busted and she doesn't know...
    And if that were to happen it could make it worse for yourself. These are just my personal opinions though.

I had a very in depth talk with my partner before doing anything. And if something were to go FUBAR i take the fall saying she didn't know as the room is my personal den and only I have access to it and the mechanical room. The grow is behind 2 locked doors. And only I have the key.

I'd hate to hear your family was destroyed because if secrets and going behind your partners back.

Skunkbudda403.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SkunkBudda403 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SkunkBudda403 View Post
    One othee thing I would like to comment on. You say your keeping it secret from your partner?
    Is that wise?

I'd have concerns with out the consent if my partner. There could be a whole heap of backlash should she find out.

God forbid tour busted and she doesn't know...
    And if that were to happen it could make it worse for yourself. These are just my personal opinions though.

I had a very in depth talk with my partner before doing anything. And if something were to go FUBAR i take the fall saying she didn't know as the room is my personal den and only I have access to it and the mechanical room. The grow is behind 2 locked doors. And only I have the key.

I'd hate to hear your family was destroyed because if secrets and going behind your partners back.

Skunkbudda403.
    In his original post I think he was being secretive, I do think his partner knows, but if she doesn't then woe betide him, if that was me and I got busted My partner would have a right tizzy fit - to say the least, to bobhop - in your current situation I wouldn't it will onlly lead to unhappiness for you your partner and your precios daughter, sorry to be the one to say but I would advise against it, especially if it is illegal where you live, and without your partner backing you - no way buddy

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

BobHop (11-11-15), Clarice_Starling (23-11-15), GEORGE (14-05-20), SkunkBudda403 (11-11-15)

Thanks

Thanks for chipping in SB - much appreciated! Sounds like you all went through the mill for a while. Glad it's all worked out well for you all, it's good to hear.

I'm purely looking to do a grow for percy smoke - not going to sell even a a little bud! What with rent prices and all that being pretty much robbery where I live, it's getting more difficult to justify spending money which we could do wity, on weed. If I can grow my own it would be an expense I don't need to find - could that technically be seen as financial gain, even though I wont be gaining any money from the sale of any weed.

Nothing wrong with being a proud stoner mate - I'm one too, have been for years. I'm not ashamed of the fact that I smoke weed, and if anyone asks I'll tell them the truth. I very very rarely drink and I haven't taken any other drugs for years. A lot of people come home from work and crack open a beer or pour a glass of wine, I don't - my release after a days work is waiting until my daughter is in bed asleep then sitting in the back garden with a spliff contemplating stuff - I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (23-11-15), GEORGE (14-05-20), SkunkBudda403 (11-11-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJCTHC1 View Post
    In his original post I think he was being secretive
    ^This^ Don't want to say too much incase prying eyes ever looked over my posts on this forum. But if the knock at the door ever came, she'll 'kick off' with me as she knows nothing about my grow. I constructed the grow box at times she wasn't in the house, I get home from work before she does, so I'd be watering, feeding and maintaining my plants while she's not in the house - she's not touched a single thing going into my grow room - basically there's nothing to suggest she knows about my grow and there's no evidence to point to the fact that she may know - she's scared of lofts so would never ever go up there.

It's definitely not legal in my country, however, local police forces have publicly said they do not have the resources to actively seek out or persue people growing a small number of plants at home, so will be 'turning a blind eye', so to speak. Whether or not this is a kind of trick tactic to make growers more lackadaisical in keeping their grooms stealthy so they can catch more people, I do not know.

I have friends who do grows regularly, on a fairly larger scale than I'm intending and have never been caught. I also know of people who have been caught and ended up getting a fine and a slap on the wrist, others have been arrested and released without any further action being taken. It seems that the people who tend to get caught are the ones that can't keep their mouths shut or cut corners.

I was speaking to the bloke who works in my local hydroponic shop a couple of days ago and he said when people come into his shop for advice or to buy equipment he can tell straight away which ones are likely to get caught and which ones aren't just by their attitude. The ones that come in and politely & quietly ask for advice growing 'cabbages or tomatoes' tend to be more sensible and don't end up having any issues growing their percy smoke. The people who go into the shop waving their arms about shouting 'I'm gonna do a fucking grow mate, what gear do I need? I'll buy it all now, including the seeds!!' tend to be the same knobs down the pub showing people pictures on their phone of their plants, and ultimately end up the ones getting caught or robbed.

My biggest concern getting caught is the involvement of social services. You always hear of horror stories where SS take kids from clearly competent families for trivial reasons. I understand they're only there to protect the wellfare of children, but my intended grow will have no impact whatsoever on the wellfare of my child - hopefull if SS ever did get involved, the social worker would understand this too.

I'm quite a placid individual, I don't tend to draw much unneeded attention to myself. Not even my closest friends know anything about my intended grow. I think if I can get odour control and light seepage sorted I shouldn't have any issues. I think the chances of me getting caught are extremely slim (** touches wood **)

**On a side note

I know this isn't the right section for discussing this but;

In terms of using a carbon filter to eliminate odour, is there a way of testing the complete groom setup prior to growing plants. Is there a way of testing odour control? Obviously once my groom is completed I'll run it over night with no plants inside to test if there's any noise or light seepage. I also want to test if there's going to be any odour issues, prior to starting the grow. I was thinking of lighing a joint or an incence stick of some sort inside my groom, closing it up then sitting in the loft to see if I notice any smell at all? At lease this way I can rectify any odour issues before I get to the real smelly stage.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SkunkBudda403 View Post
    Maybe I should explain why I had to shut up shop once. Kids were in school I was in the basement trimming some plants up and a aid worker poped over for a visit... big suprise. The woman/Mrs budda opened the door and seeing as the door of the groom was open and I was trimming the smell of a Grow was very noticable. She was open and asked what the smell was I said in had just smoked a joint. She said it didn't sMell like burnt weed. But I insisted.

After the meeting we removed all plants from the house. I kept my lights going with some pepper plants in case someone got snoopy and wanted to inspet the house.

Nothing came of it. We waited a good couple month and now I'm growing another day. But with stricter protocols and communication with the woman not to answer the door if I'm working during the day or in the late evening/early AM. For anyone.

Skunkbudda403

That was a very close call then! I bet your arsehole was going like nobodys business! lol.

Women shouldn't be answering the front door anyway - women are getting to big for their boots these days! haha -

Only joking!! I'd better get that bit in before I get annihilated by a bunch of crazed feminists baying for my blood!! lol.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast