Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Growing cannabis and social services involvement if caught.

Thanks

im going to cos i don't think it will survive that long running 24/7 as it must

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jane Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BobHop View Post
    That was a very close call then! I bet your arsehole was going like nobodys business! lol.

Women shouldn't be answering the front door anyway - women are getting to big for their boots these days! haha -

Only joking!! I'd better get that bit in before I get annihilated by a bunch of crazed feminists baying for my blood!! lol.
    Biggest mistake ever made was letting women wear shoes, allowing them to learn to read too ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jane Green For This Useful Post:

BobHop (13-11-15), GEORGE (14-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I see your goal, it's pretty much how I started

Do you have a budget for this project?
    I've spent around £50 so far on the materials to make my grow box. The actual box is made and lined with reflective coated ThermaWrap, I've just got to put the door on and install the electrics, lights, extraction etc. I wasn't planning on spending any more than another £100-£150 more really, exculding seeds.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Green View Post
    I got a 4" In Line Fan 110m3/h air flow with Carbon Filter and ducting for £39 on eBay and it works great. Knocking a hole in the chimney stack would work but they are thicker than you might think, and it might piss off the landlord. I just exhaust into the loft space the filtered air is clean and odour free so it isn't an issue.
    Seeing as I've only got a small grow box at the moment, I'm not sure if the fan you're using is going to be too powerfull or not. If it's too powerful is it not going to be sucking the heat out of the box quicker than the air inside the box can get warm again?

I'm planning on using CFL lights for my first couple of grows to cut my teeth on anyway so I don't think I'm going to be dealing with vast amounts of heat. I have two chimney stacks going up through my loft, one is for our working fireplace, the other is redundant. I might just get everything set up and let it run for a day or two so I can assess how much heat my box is producing. If it's not much I'll most likely just vent into the loft space, if there's a bit of heat there I may consider making a hole in the chimney stack to feed my exhaust into.

My landlord wouldn't know of the hole in the chimney stack - when we viewed the house I asked her what was up in the loft, she said she's never been up there since she bought the place - I doubt she's going to do a spot check on the loft. When we move out I'll just patch the hole up with a couple of bricks and some cement.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20)

White Warg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    If caught local/state authorities WILL be involved that could result in fine's but most of all you child taken a way from you and put in a safe place other than you
    I think you might be talking about the US there?

In the UK there's no chance of losing your kids from a discreet little grow-room if everything else is fine.

Keeno lists the CPS sentencing guidelines:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s...n_of_cannabis/

Basically there are four categories (C1 the most major through C4 the least), and three roles (leading, significant, lesser).

Category 4 is "purely domestic" (up to nine plants) and the Lesser role "If own operation, solely for own use". Aggravating factors are potential supply, weapons, previous convictions; migration includes good character, first offence, good character. Sentence reduction includes being cooperative, guilty plea.

For a Category 4 Lesser role the starting point is a Band C fine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to White Warg For This Useful Post:

BobHop (13-11-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stonedwolf View Post
    I think you might be talking about the US there?

In the UK there's no chance of losing your kids from a discreet little grow-room if everything else is fine.

Keeno lists the CPS sentencing guidelines:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/s...n_of_cannabis/

Basically there are four categories (C1 the most major through C4 the least), and three roles (leading, significant, lesser).

Category 4 is "purely domestic" (up to nine plants) and the Lesser role "If own operation, solely for own use". Aggravating factors are potential supply, weapons, previous convictions; migration includes good character, first offence, good character. Sentence reduction includes being cooperative, guilty plea.

For a Category 4 Lesser role the starting point is a Band C fine.
    I had a read of that the other day mate - did kind of take the edge off of my worries.

Paying a fine or anything like that doesn't bother me, it's purely the thought of social services being involved in my daughters life that bothers me.

Everything else is in check - house is clean and tidy, I smoke outside away from my daughter, she's well looked after, I've not criminal record, myself and my partner both have decent jobs etc. so if the sh*t did hit the fan I don't think anything major would come of it.

I'm going to go for it anyway, hoping to get my grow under way within the next couple of weeks - just got to get my grow box finished off with the electrics etc.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20)

White Warg Guest

Yeah, basically don't be a smart arse. Nobody else gets some, not even free to mates. Be very sorry. Apologetic. Nothing like scales or baggies in the house. Dispose of any evidence of previous grows.

A small amount of personal well away from kids is nothing. They even try to keep kids with proper junkies and alcoholics, with the FGM choppers, etc.

Thanks

Yeah, basically don't be a smart arse. Nobody else gets some, not even free to mates. Be very sorry. Apologetic. Nothing like scales or baggies in the house. Dispose of any evidence of previous grows.

A small amount of personal well away from kids is nothing. They even try to keep kids with proper junkies and alcoholics, with the FGM choppers, etc.
    What I grow is going to be mine and noone elses! lol. I might let the missus partake, if she behaves!

I must admit it is difficult keeping it from people, especially very close friends - but it's an absolute must to not risk getting caught.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (23-06-17), GEORGE (14-05-20)

Thanks

Yeah, and even a caution will show up on a CRB report.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jane Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20)

Thanks

That's dead right, the Children Act, in SECTION 1 (I think from memory) it says that the interests of the child is paramount. It is rarely in the interests of the child to separated from their parents. As stonedwolf says a little bit of weed kept well apart from the kids is nothing in comparison to things others do and have done and kept their children.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jane Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-05-20)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast