Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New snooping law

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    The police are always interested in the 'easy way' of doing things & if they can access the data from your ISP then they can sit eating donuts whilst their computer trawls through the info flagging anything suspicious
    IIRC correctly, it isn't a simple as that. They need a warrant to do so - and that is not covered by the warrant to search your house.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Be more worried about taking your mobile with you. They can track where you've been etc etc etc.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Transactions appear as hocus pocus on your bank statement....
    I am pretty sure the Police know that info already. If they don't, they do now. So, all they've have to do is look at your bank statements and see if you've purchased anything from Hocus Pocus.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    IIRC correctly, it isn't a simple as that. They need a warrant to do so - and that is not covered by the warrant to search your house.
    They don't need a warrant to see the sites that you visit, but do require a warrant to see the individual pages you've viewed... but, at that point, the damage is already done...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

The Aspie Toker Guest

The police are always interested in the 'easy way' of doing things & if they can access the data from your ISP then they can sit eating donuts whilst their computer trawls through the info flagging anything suspicious
    I cannot drive anywhere without seeing illegal number plates, lights not working on cars, young kids in the front passenger seat, no booster seats, people driving whilst using their mobiles.

I am not a copper, and I know these people are breaking the law. But are they ever stopped? Rarely at best. Those people are easy catches and easy money in fines, but they don't care.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Mr.North (12-11-15)

The Aspie Toker Guest

They don't need a warrant to see the sites that you visit, but do require a warrant to see the individual pages you've viewed... but, at that point, the damage is already done...
    They were on about it the other day on Sky. I was trying to recall, but with a shit memory, I couldn't remember all of it. And yes, by then the damage is done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (12-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I cannot drive anywhere without seeing illegal number plates, lights not working on cars, young kids in the front passenger seat, no booster seats, people driving whilst using their mobiles.

I am not a copper, and I know these people are breaking the law. But are they ever stopped? Rarely at best. Those people are easy catches and easy money in fines, but they don't care.
    That requires a policeman to see them... we don't see police anymore round here

Speed cameras, red light jump cameras, bus lane cameras & parking cameras are all making the easy money... no officer involved! - This snoopers charter will be the same as they build massive databases of the UK population without having to so much as lift a pen

The Aspie Toker Guest

That requires a policeman to see them... we don't see police anymore round here
    We see them, but they do nothing most of the time. A couple of months back, a police car was in the left lane - just in front of me - and I was in the right lane.

He started to pull out without indicating, then saw me at the last minute and pulled back into his lane. Then he moved into my lane, where I spotted only one headlight working.

Speed cameras, red light jump cameras, bus lane cameras & parking cameras are all making the easy money... no officer involved! - This snoopers charter will be the same as they build massive databases of the UK population without having to so much as lift a pen
    The only speed camera where we are is facing the wrong way, and has been like it for years.

Thanks

any thing that one puts on-line CAN be found - that's just the way it is - but there are more important issues today than marijuana cultivation in fact law enforsement agencies are relaxing a bit via orders from DEA operational directive's

organicmagic Guest

Such fucking BS! None of us are criminals yet we're snooping around like terrorists!! It's a fucking plant and all we do it get high and eat crisps.... And cake gotta have cake!

It just seems crazy to me.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to organicmagic For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (12-11-15), hawk (15-11-15), Mr.North (12-11-15), M_C (13-11-15), Roy Cropper (13-11-15)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast