Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: New snooping law

Keeno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stonedwolf View Post
    We get a lot of beat bobbies here but it's a busy part of town right next to a major police station LOL.

But "they won't bother" is dangerous thinking bro. They have dedicated computing officers and they'll be looking to justify their own existence. It won't be your local plod but one of the dedicated/national units. And if you do get raided, your computer is a massive giveaway.

I'm not saying be paranoid, but I do think some good precautions makes sense. If you're willing to put a carbon filter on your tent I think you should look to be doing the equivalent for your PC, like using TOR, and the upside is TOR is free.
    that is a fair point about taking precautions, we do spend good money on filters and other bits to keep us safe. its not so much i think they wont bother, tbh i couldnt give a shit if they do. with the state the country is in i think it would be comical if they chose to spend the thousands it would to track what i do and how i do it to get a warrant and then enforce that warrant. there is so much paper work involved the man hours alone wouldnt justify kicking my door in for 4 plants in a wardrobe and very small tent. i would hope with the limited budget they have they would spend their time money and effort to track real criminals and not someone who will get a fine at worst. how can they justify the cost, when they are cutting vital services across the UK.

White Warg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ciderboy View Post
    What precautions can you take we say iPhone/ iPad , as don't think can use tor, ?
    First, get a logon password set up. It's a pain but just having a password on it can make a big difference, they need a warrant to force you to reveal it, but if they have your phone for something unrelated and are just nosing about you can give yourself away.

Second, Red Onion is an iPad / iPhone TOR browser. It's one dollar.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/red-...829739720?mt=8

Note it's not difficult to "use". You load it and use it like any other web browser, it does the difficult tech stuff, you just use it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Warg For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (14-11-15)

ganjagunman Guest

Is that TOR worth using? I keep seeing it being brought up on here, im not fussed really, but if its free worthwhile and adds a bit of security maybe its worth a punt.

As Keeno said, most the raids on TV are cause of people grassing or the smell, usually people grass cause they can smell it, all they got to do is stick their beak through your letterbox.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,525 Times

Would be lot of hassle and costs to pursue a guy who is growin percy,your more likly to get nicked "lose lips"
    I saw the rain-dirty valley
    You saw Brigadoon

7. The Following User Says Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You can get tor on iOS not sure how good it is though
    Check out my first grow diary, Uk Cheese in autopots: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...autopot-system

I'm also starting to build a veg box for my babies, pop in have a look and let me know what you think

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=136878

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackal41 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Feckin ell,last time i used TOR had to buy new computer,theres more viruses,mites,knats on that site than there is in BQ verve compost.lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to skippy For This Useful Post:

White Warg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Feckin ell,last time i used TOR had to buy new computer,theres more viruses,mites,knats on that site than there is in BQ verve compost.lol.
    I think you're confusing TOR with your TROLLIES mate. LD

Thanks

Nopes mate,defo a place to stay away from,sure your well aware of the nasties that hang around those places.

White Warg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Nopes mate,defo a place to stay away from,sure your well aware of the nasties that hang around those places.
    No more than the ordinary Internet. You can find THCTalk on the Internet and you can find the KKK. Same with the Darkweb. Don't visit the numpties and you'll be fine.

But that's beside the point. If you use the TOR browser to visit the ordinary Internet, such as THCTalk, you don't see any of the Darkweb.

Thanks

Like meny others on this site i am useless with computers,so maybe if you know what your doing its a good thing.I had bad experience with virus,trojans and all rest of those orrible things.My PC was never the same and had to get shut.
    Like to read up on cannabis sites and yes the pro-grower would never visit cannabis forums,grow shops,he would be pure undercover.
    But fuck im,i grow 2-3 plants FFS,for pain relief.
    Prob got more chance of my bank manager blowing me up than feds evesdropping on my internet browsing.
    Quick google of the address I order seeds from on my bank statement says it all.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast