Thread: Small Grow Advice

Thanks

Default Small Grow Advice

I'm planning to out together a small grow, almost like a PC grow without the PC. But, I need to keep the plants small and dense. So, if I'm using autos, what light cycle should I use, what kind of lights, what would be the best way to reduce any unwanted smell?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

light cycle - 24/7. 18/6 both do as good a job as each other but with 24/7 no worries with dark temps.
    lights - Dual spectrum HPS (with ballast) wattage is up to you. Groom dependent.
    smell - carbon filter.

Hope this helps a little - what size of grow area are you to use and what - tent, cupboard, wardrobe, DIY.

More info would be helpful.
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

White Warg Guest

You can get a small grow tent, there are a range of them at 60x60cm of various heights. Black Orchid, Mars, and a few others do them. Ebay will help you, e.g. item 281794088906.

You get rid of smell via an activated carbon filter, the best around are Rhino Pro filters. They need an extraction fan too. For a tiny grow room a quality 4 inch might be adequate, example extraction kit ebay item 111806990585; otherwise the 5 inch version is slightly more expensive 111633140980. I would normally be very wary about buying kits as they usually contain low quality items but I made sure those kits were bang-on, Rhino Pro filters and highly recommended RVK fans.

Lights are yours to decide. There are the "real" bulbs but I don't know enough to help, they generate heat and are expensive to run, but cheap to buy and give great results. Then there are LEDs; less heat, less cost to run, but more variable by manufacturer. You want one with Veg/Bloom switch the very least, and usually the best you can afford. A small 60x60 tent would benefit from a square rather than rectangular light, the Mars Reflector 192 is a lot of light for that area, ebay 281794047607, but if you were looking for something cheaper just say so.

Autos light cycles are debated, from 18/6 at least to 24 hours of light.

Thanks

Will be more of a DIY grow, want it to be able to fit into a medium size closet roughly 2-2.5' by 2-2.5' growing floor.
    Is it better to go with 18/6 instead of 24/7 if I can keep the temperature consistent enough?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,214 Times

hello sweetie, consider you will need a source of fresh air supply & and a way to exhaust air heated by light.
    I use cfls in a small cab & have to have both intake fan & exhaust fan to provide adequate fresh air flow
    for steady temp & rH.

I use a 250w hid light w reflector in a 20"x20"x5' tent, also 2 fans to control temp.
    nice thing about a tent is has all the hookups & vents to attatch ducting for fans
    this is a DS60 tent & I think would snug into your closet sweet as.

I have seeen LED grows that are very compact plants. tightest Ive seen,

each type has pros & cons. Id like to setup a mmix of hid & led, best of 2 worlds.
    I will eventually abandon the cfls, not recommending.
    hope this helpful
    atb
    w

Thanks

I grow in a 60cm cube, with LEDs, a small pc fan for an intake a bigger one circulating air with a 4" fan and filter, I use a reptile heatmat to keep the soil warm, I'm about 3 weeks from harvest and everything has been perfect so far.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to speshul For This Useful Post:

jumpman233345 (16-04-19)