Thread: POTM just my view

Dr-Chronic Guest

Default POTM just my view

Sweet guys just my view, I dont believe its fair on some growers having a potm for veg and flower conjoined, only due to the fact that we all look for the nicest plant in our eyes to vote, them usually being with buds on them, wouldnt it be fairer if say we had one for Veg like the one thats trained the best etc, and then one for flower with the nicest nugs or something, feel free to disagree, but ive noticed generally the people in veg stage dont really get voted for + makes it null and void really in them joining in on the fun

Cheers lads / ladies

Dr-Chronic

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Ganjaman6782 (12-01-16), MJCTHC1 (22-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Good call Dr, plants that are flowering do have a certain eye candy appeal to them as opposed to vegging plants - I really think your on to something there,
    "Bud of the month" - would be a more appropriate title.
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,882 Times

It makes for too many comps that all have to be overseen, prizes provided for & awards to be sorted too.

We have POTM, BOTM, & occasionally, WPOTM. All that along with the other regular comps that we hold is sufficient, we believe

...but, if you believe that another regular comp is warranted then sort out exactly what it is you'd like to see & let us know
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-15), Donmitch0121 (22-11-15), EaZiE (22-11-15), ERBURT (22-11-15), Ganjaman6782 (12-01-16), Jesse Pinkman (22-11-15), satnavsatnav (22-11-15)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    It makes for too many comps that all have to be overseen, prizes provided for & awards to be sorted too.

We have POTM, BOTM, & occasionally, WPOTM. All that along with the other regular comps that we hold is sufficient, we believe

...but, if you believe that another regular comp is warranted then sort out exactly what it is you'd like to see & let us know
    was just thinking mate, look at the last previous and look how many flowering plants with buds get voted for next to the ones without buds mate, was just thinking the ones with the buds have the fairer shout bud

cheers

Dr-Chronic

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

M_C (22-11-15)

Keeno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    was just thinking mate, look at the last previous and look how many flowering plants with buds get voted for next to the ones without buds mate, was just thinking the ones with the buds have the fairer shout bud

cheers

Dr-Chronic
    you can also enter your vegging plant a month or 2 down the line when its covered in bud

a lot of the veg/early plants are entered by members to make the numbers up so the comps can run 1st, 2nd, 3rd. more of a jesture rather than and actual entry.

there is a thread called "post on picture of your plants" that is a great thread to get feedback on a plant at any stage of life.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (22-11-15), Donmitch0121 (22-11-15), EaZiE (22-11-15), ERBURT (22-11-15), Jesse Pinkman (22-11-15), MrG (22-11-15), M_C (22-11-15), satnavsatnav (22-11-15)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Cheers mate, I see what your saying about the numbers, same with the comp give aways it is costing someone money, didn't see it like that tbh

Dr-Chronic

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (22-11-15), ERBURT (22-11-15), M_C (22-11-15)

Keeno Guest

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...picture+plants

the above thread is the one i mentioned, if your proud of your vegging plant post a picture in there, always lots of people leaving feedback

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (22-11-15), EaZiE (22-11-15), ERBURT (22-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

As said,I chuck em in to up the numbers but as said again ...
    Once the plant has buds then maybe it's in with more of a chance
    So you can enter a plant in 3 months worth of comps : )
    It's all fun at the end of the day.its slot of hard work for the mods
    If we start having veg of the month scrog tree etc.
    Just got to take it on the chin.the best plant I've grown didn't make
    Top 3.its all good.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Donmitch0121 (22-11-15), EaZiE (22-11-15), M_C (22-11-15), Rubbered (22-11-15)

ganjagunman Guest

I said a similar thing about having a comp for autos and comp for photos, reason being regardless of what you do to an auto itl never get as big as a photo could with a long veg, you could have the most beautiful auto, and then someone will smash it out the park with a massive photoperiod with barely any meat on it, i got heckled for ' big plant ' hating from a few members but i wasnt, i was just trying to see if we could give people a fair chance, but then people could say oh well thats a hydro plant its not fair, youll never grow a soil plant as big as a hydro, etc, you open one can of worms and 10 more will follow, plus you have to think of the mods, who often pay for the prizes out of their own back pockets so having several comps to suit everyone i guess isnt going to be cheap to cater prizes for, someone else said its plant of the month, not tree of the month, auto of the month, photo of the month, its a plant, and whatever you have to enter you can enter if you wish. Fair fucks i guess, all good fun

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ganjagunman For This Useful Post:

EaZiE (22-11-15), Jesse Pinkman (22-11-15), M_C (22-11-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,054 Times

Thank god for w.p.o.t.m one comp i have a chance in hahah.
    My first grow with the help of mr budda(complete)
    - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-at-grow-diary

ganjamans solo cheesey tent grow
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070332148

'In days of old, when men where bold, and women weren't invented. Men made holes, in telegraph poles, and had to be contented.