Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Soil vs coco

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,197 Times

I have sat and read a lot of info on this site before my first grow and decided to go with soil just for ease and get used to how the plants work , with the first grow done I have put two other girls in soil so I can learn the scrog method but my next one I plan on coca as I feel that I would of gained enough experience and confidence to go the next step up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plattynum26 View Post
    Yeh that's a good point but a soil grow is more simple as you don't have to mess about with your ec and ph. Most organic or even non organic feed in soil have very few feed additives hence easy to follow on the chart. That making it a much simpler grow don't you agree? I agree coco all the way for me but we getting to the point that for a newbie I would say getting into the swing of things basics an all soil the way to go.
    I do not agree.
    You can not use soil as a soil-less medium (like coco, perlite, rockwool, lava rocks, tuff etc) as it retains some of the nutrients. This is why you can not go strictly by a chart - what you can do with coco.
    I find it much easier for newbies to run auto-water coco systems than soil. I rarely see a real nice soil run on first try, but it is much more common with coco.

Thanks

Well that's how I started off pal I never messed up that bad only over watering as I was to keen back then. I see your point tho man. Newbies generally just want to hand water with a few litres of water and bit of feed jobs a gooden. They don't want a complex set up. People are different tho.

Thanks

And I no when I first started I was all exighted couldn't wait to see how it all works what's the fun in an auto watering system that you barly have to touch. I no I no its the best way but I still think that hand watering mixing the fresh nuets every time it's just more fun lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plattynum26 View Post
    And I no when I first started I was all exighted couldn't wait to see how it all works what's the fun in an auto watering system that you barly have to touch. I no I no its the best way but I still think that hand watering mixing the fresh nuets every time it's just more fun lol.
    With coco you want at least one watering a day, I go for 3 per day. Doing it by hand is a LOT of work, and really doesn't work as well as drip irrigation.
    The ability to leave your plants at home for 2-3 days is real nice if you ask me.

Plus bro, the less you need to do the less you can fuck up.
    Last edited by Yekke; 05-03-16 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yekke View Post
    With coco you want at least one watering a day, I go for 3 per day. Doing it by hand is a LOT of work, and really doesn't work as well as drip irrigation.
    The ability to leave your plants at home for 2-3 days is real nice if you ask me.

That's true dude. That's what I'm using now airports with a dripper system this is the best method for me I have found.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yekke View Post

That's what I mean and you can water the soil and it normally won't dry out for 3 to 4 days so you can leave it for a while without having to water 3 times a day constantly making up feeds surly I'm right that's not as easy as watering once and leaving for 4 days? I can really tell difference in taste and smell tho it's completely different in soil it seems a lot more dank and smelly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5