Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopper hops into his first grow! Blue Cheese inbound, Mentored by ERBURT

Hopper Guest

Mon the fecking dial!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (17-01-16), My Tent Or Yours (09-02-16)

Hopper Guest

Had a couple hours playing with temps etc earlier
    Pic below is when it was on its way back up after fan had kicked in

It seems the fan take the humidity down to about 30% then it slowly creeps back up to around 60-65% once the humidifier kicks in, currently have this set to come on for 15mins then off for 15mins, so problem here being when the fan kicks in and reduces humidity to 30% it takes an age to come back up if the humidifier is at a point in its "off" period, and I'm not even convinced that the water will last the 12+ hours I need it to either :/

I've had to reduce the max fan speed to 70% atm as it was just dropping everything too much when it kicked in, this helped, but only to what I've described above, is this normal?
    It's working well with the temps and kicking in when above 28 and turning off at 27.5, temps are fine on Eco holding well and then every so often the fan helping keep around 27-28, just humidity gets battered up and down all the time

I've got the Eco sensor about 3-4" from light glass and taped 2 separate meter probes on it in line with its probe, even they don't match, so may have to invest further here regarding meters to give my settings I need to do better
    Pic below of this

So basically temps on Eco holding well, heaters and fans kicking in as they should, just struggling with humidity and what the actual figures are really!?

And why do these bloody pics go sideways all the time!? They weren't uploaded that way!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Ok,set your max temps to 25 so it doesn't go above that.
    That should bump up the humy a bit plus 25 is where you want it.
    My humidifier lasted 12hrs then I had to fill it.

Mine was a bit weird at first too it would run out quick but after a day or 2
    It levelled out an lasted longer.weird I know but maybe yours will change aswell.
    Who knows but keep messing an you will get there

Once plant pots with wet soil and a bit of foliage are in there humidity will go up
    Aswell so try get it sitting at 50.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (09-02-16)

Hopper Guest

Sounds like a plan! I'll fill it up before bed and keep it at 15min intervals for now and see how next few days go

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Hopper Guest

Small update, checked in before work his morning and everything seems to be a bit more matching, stable and as required on the meters, could be a fluke at the timing of what was on or not in there at the time I walked in, but by Wednesday evening the latest I'll have had time to go in there and monitor the cycles and figures more closely and decide on if I'm going to calibrate the Eco tech or not and what to Adjust slightly if needed too, but more positive just from how much better it all seemed after a first full night running anyway

One thing I did notice was the floor of the groom was a bit wet, assuming this is from a point where the heater has turned on at same time as the humidifier?
    Is this ok to have it create a light spray on the floor? Didn't seem to be any residue on walls or equipment!?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In the tent or groom?
    Forgot to say aswell make sure your humidifier is
    Level and off the floor.away from electrics coz they
    Do leak if not flat.

Shouldn't have a wet groom floor tho?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Hopper Guest

In the tent mate, was a fine mist of wet floor in there, I'll put pic up now, you can see on the floor where I wiped it and shows my finger marks, I pointed to of humidifier away from heater and it got better but was present this morning, I'll take it off floor regardless when I best home tonight
    Gallery keeps saying upload successful but no new pics showing atm so will try later
    Last edited by Hopper; 18-01-16 at 12:43 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (18-01-16), My Tent Or Yours (09-02-16)

Thanks

Weird shit.thats strange.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Hopper Guest

I did notice a bit and it seemed to happen when mistwas pointed above heater so I pointed it other way, hopefully pic will shed some light and I can correct position maybe!?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (18-01-16), My Tent Or Yours (09-02-16)

Hopper Guest

Had to power down the groom earlier, pic below shows humidifier and wet floor, I've now moved it to back corner away from heater but still getting some misting residue on floor, was worrying me a bit with staying out tonight so I've turned it all off, I'm off Wednesday so can spend the afternoon trying to sort it all out

Is it normal for humidity to get sucked out of the groom when fan kicks in, it was holding nice at 60% then once temp creeps over limit fan kicks in and takes humidity down to 30% some times this is quickly fixed with humidifier coming on, sometimes it stays there due to timing and fan kicking in again before humidifier does, I'm thinking this isn't good and setting humidifier to ON for 30mins, OFF for 15mins continuous, this does have me worried about when I flip and fan is running constant though, because if fan and humidifier are on it just stays at 30%

Keeping in mind the meters constantly say 50-55% so I'm gunna invest is better meters this week too, kind of disheartened tonight and had to take a step back from trying to upload pics and trying to dial in groom before I really lost my shit! Lol

Appreciate you looking in and Erbs very much appreciate your mentoring guidance, so thanks and I know we'll get there, and know I'm getting the best help, in the best place, just think I'm fucking up somewhere and need to chill out a bit, taken this long to calmly buy and set up groom, so shouldn't let it bother me getting it right

Last edited by Hopper; 19-01-16 at 12:09 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast