Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Iron justice bho and iso thread

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

Default Iron justice bho and iso thread

Hello towers.... well I had been promising to do a thread for a while... so here it is... but first of all a disclaimer of sorts... lol

This IS NOT a how to thread or a guide on how to make concentrates... it's not a guide you should follow by the letter abd think you will get the sane results as there are so many variables... a lot of miss information out there on this subject so I suggest you double and triple check everything you read and plan to do. The is MY METHOD and by that I don't mean I made it up... it's just the way I do it and how I get the end product I do... ALWAYS blast your solvents outside... ONLY blast onto Pyrex or lab grade glass.. or PTFE sheeting.... I will get more into which I say each of these things as we progress in the thread... but you make this at your own risk.... if you decide to do so.... it's not rocket science but a great deal of common sense is required to not blow yourself up in the process or end up with shitty extracts..

OK so at the moment I have got a 5l vacuum chamber with a -29hg vacuum pulled and inside sat on some oil slick PTFE sheeting I have a small slab of oil.... the temperate is controlled by a digital controller rigged up to a silicon heatpad abd the temp is set so it's keeping the bho slab at around 32c... this run was from pure bud ground up and packed tightly in a glass extractor tube... it took about 10g of trifle bud and about 6g of big Buddha cheese bud... and I put about a can of Newport gas through it which pushed it through a 50 micron filter and directly into the vac chamber... I had lined the inside of the chamber with PTFE sheet and preheated it all so as soon as I blasted it starts evaporating.... I then let this sit until it evaporates of and it starts to thicken up and form a thin layer across the bottom of the sheet.... once it had sat for about an hour or so and had stopped bubbling I did a gentle first pull slowly increasing the pressure from -25hg to -27hg and slowly bringing it down to -29.5hg and making sure the bubbles done get to high and then after half hour of this I let it fall down by releasing pressure I'm the chamber slowly... then once it's cooled and tacky I fold the sheeting abd collect it all up into one slab.... the PTFE sheet cuts down on any loss when scraping as I got 100% back and no messing about... I then squeeze this as flat as I can without over agitating it... and then put it back in the chamber and get it to 32c abd pull a full vacuum down to 29.5hg let it muffin right up and lock off the chamber abd leave it purge for 12-24 Hours...

This current batch I did on the spur of the moment and was just a mishmash of top quality bud I decided to throw into a run... I will add pictures when I release the pressure tomorrow abd stick the slab in the freezer before having a good look at it and seeing how stable it is... at the moment it looks like it's going to be a pretty stable strain.. I'm going for shatter this run rather than wax for a change as the new heat pad will be able to keep temperatures lower for longer....

Anyway pics of all my gear abd the actual slab I'm making to follow... I will go through everything In proper detail as I do a breakdown of what I do what I use and more importantly why I'm doing it at every stage of the process as I will be doing several more runs in the coming weeks and have some great new gadgets and tech like a closed column pressurised extractor that I'm looking forward to using for trim runs as she's a big old girl at 18" and would take some bud to full her up I reckon lol

Anyway the main point of this thread is a learning place where everyone can share information.... rude pricks and stupid comments will be reported and posts asked to be removed... if you have something to share then share it... just no flaming and we will all learn how to make some bad ass concentrate... I'm by no means an expert but if you have info to add then please either explain if it's from personal experience or if it's just what you have heard... or if it's what you read and have data to back up what your saying (I will try my best to do this... ) then fire away....

Peace.. IJ

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-01-16), Buster (22-01-16), FACE (22-01-16), GanjaFarmerNL (25-01-16), GEORGE (29-09-23), madextrax (15-04-20), Murdock (22-01-16), M_C (23-01-16), TaNg PeNg (25-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Nice one mate been looking forward to this one
    An the closed loupe extraction kits are the daddy a been liking at them to a seen one around a g that's massive like 3/4 feet lol

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-09-23), ironjustice (22-01-16)

Thanks

Cheers face.... yeah the full closed loop systems do look the daddy don't they....? Save a fortune on gas in the end mind you... the closed column I have is just the tube section.... it's got a ball valve at each end so you pack with material and then hook it up to a vacuum pump and draw all the air out... then when you fill it from the top it fills with liquid butane and the pressure pulls the butane right through it all... supposed to save on gas as you ain't open blasting and a higher yield.... it can be incorporated into one of the full closed loop systems they make.... this is the one minus the tripod which I don't see the need for I'm. Struggling to get a picture up now...

I went and has a look at the batch I'm making about an hour ago and froze and flipped it... it's almost stable already so I think another 12 hours in there and we should be almost done.... and have to say looks like it's going to be some cracking shatter....

Peace... IJ

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

FACE (22-01-16), GEORGE (29-09-23)

Thanks

Right let's see if we can get some pictures up....

OK so here is the slab a few hours ago...

And inside the stainless vacuum chamber on the PTFE oil slick sheet

The bottom of the chamber has the heatpad stuck to the Base....

This is controlled by this digital controller... it really works well and keeps temps nice and stable.... as you can see I'm using a memory foam pillow as a stand lol

Some back into the chamber she goes after a quick freeze and flip... and back up to 32c

Back on with the lid and pull a vacuum...

Down she does as I pull the air out if this bitch....

Still pulling...

And right the way down....

And that's where she has been now for another 12 hours... will update shortly when decompress the chamber and take out the slab but by now she should be looking good and starting to crater up on its own and be pretty stable...

This post was all done yesterday or Friday but I couldn't get the pictures to post until now.... hope they work

IJ

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-01-16), GEORGE (29-09-23), Ginger-bud (21-02-19), M_C (23-01-16)

Thanks

And this is the closed column tube....

Can't wait to do a proper run with that full of bud.. reckon she will take at least 4 zips...

Peace... IJ

Ps will go through some of the gear more later and start another run so you can follow from start to finish...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-01-16), GEORGE (29-09-23), Ginger-bud (21-02-19), Jesse Pinkman (25-01-16), M_C (23-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

thanks for this useful post - been looking to make shatter for a while now, but all the tube videos look so dangerous, what kind of solvent/ butane do you use,

regards - MJCTHC1
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-01-16), GEORGE (29-09-23), ironjustice (23-01-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJCTHC1 View Post
    thanks for this useful post - been looking to make shatter for a while now, but all the tube videos look so dangerous, what kind of solvent/ butane do you use,

regards - MJCTHC1
    I only use Newport butane... basically use ultra refined or any gas that has zero or near zero impurities in it.... in other words avoid yellow tin type gas like rhonsons or Swan.. if you notice these types of gases smell of eggy farts or something and that's cos they put stuff in their to let know by smelling it if it's leaking... same as main gas or propane etc.... there is a test where if you spray the gas on a mirror and it doesn't leave a white residue you know it's safe... I have always used Newport and buy cases of 12 cans for 30 quid...

And it is dangerous until you evaporate of the liquid butane.... I do the main blast out side and then leave it sit for 20 mins outside so the majority is dispersed... but then I bring it indoors and evaporating of the rest is done with open windows abd doors... no smoking or anything daft and have it on the cooler top under my extraction hood and a big fan blowing it out the window.... I have done a lot of runs now as I give it to my sister and mum as meds and use it a lot myself... this latest run looks to be the best looking shatter I have done so far..

Thanks for stopping by... IJ

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-01-16), GEORGE (29-09-23), M_C (23-01-16), TheHottDawg (23-01-16)

Thanks

Good luck mate

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ngibo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-09-23), ironjustice (23-01-16)

farmguy Guest

Crackin thread ij
    Nice set up u got there mate an a nice bit of shatter aswell, look foward to seein more runs threw it

Atb

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmguy For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-01-16), ironjustice (23-01-16)

Thanks

Thanks lads it's a bit of a hobby of mine now... just love all the things you can do with this plant it's amazing.... lol

Right went and took her out of the chamber and found her a lovely golden colour just starting to crater up now... she's about snap pull consistency with about 36 hours in the chamber so I would say she's still got another 12-24h and she will be done...

As you can see still quite a few bubbles in there need dispersing..... but I have to say it's like amber honey... the most stunning colour bho I have made and I will be surprised if there is not at least 3g there at the end...

Can't praise the PTFE oil slick sheeting enough... no scraping at all which is the worst part for me... shame I just bought 100 razor blades but there ya go lol

Peace IJ...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ironjustice For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-01-16), FACE (23-01-16), GEORGE (29-09-23), TaNg PeNg (25-01-16), W.S (29-07-18)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast