Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: carp fishing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

we also used to catch eels and flattys in the brook with nets scooping under the banks..happy days when as kids we actually played out

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-01-23), Skunky n funky (27-01-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (29-01-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sadface View Post
    haha ,we used to hang out in a place we called water woods and we used to catch hundreds of crested newts and the smooth females,always put em back but we actually called it newting ,there well protected these days
    There were newts, too. I forgot about them. Not surprising as we saw so few. The rarest thing I caught was a Natterjack toad. I had a common toad as a pet that I called Touchy (a nod to Catweazle's Touchwood)

There were loads of slow worms, grass snakes, common lizards and vipers on the waste ground at Three Bridges Railway Station. There's now a large signal box there now. The common lizard, I took home for a pet. It was pregnant and laid 6 eggs, most of which I saw hatch out. I'll never forget that. I was banned from going there after I brought home a viper. That didn't go down well with my parents.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (27-01-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (29-01-16), walshy (27-01-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

we also used to catch eels and flattys in the brook with nets scooping under the banks..happy days when as kids we actually played out
    I only ever caught one eel. My father and Grandfather were both Londoners, so they liked eels. They used to fish for them too, but I'd get bored and play in the wartime pillbox that was in the farmer's field.

Yep, you could play out without the amount of pervs that are about today. No health and safety to think about, or hound you with. You could have a sheath knife strapped to your belt without anyone batting an eyelid. Boy, I miss the 70s.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (27-01-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (29-01-16), walshy (27-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I haven't fished in over 30 years. I used to fish for eels at Marshside (Kent) every year in summer. And used to fish at Tilgate Park (Crawley) and in another lake nearby, which had carp in there. The place was taken over by Radio Mercury. I still prefer to fish by hand. I did it all the time in the Gatwick Stream / River Mole.
    I've been to marshside lol

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

hahaha fpmsl i forgot about that haha...heres one i caught earlier Attachment 318701
    Is that the one I think it is sad?
    Made famous from a recent ish DVD

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Don't own lakes but I do live in the middle of bunch of them and can tell ya its a lot better catchin a 10 pound pickerel for the cost of a single dew worm then to pay $22 a pound from the local grocery store. Just don't make sence what people waste money on sometimes

BWD

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (27-01-16), GEORGE (09-01-23), M_C (27-03-16), redisiel (27-03-16), Skunky n funky (27-01-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (29-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,197 Times

BWD you will be surprised to see what anglers buy, they are sheep to the mags , people paying £5 + for some black foam to look like a bug to £500 for alarms that tell you a fish is on and as for reels......daaaaam you need a small mortgage. I have seen anglers bring a bait boat that costs the price of a second hand car , its mind blowing BUT its their passion so why not !

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to walshy For This Useful Post:

BackWoodsDrifter (28-01-16), ERBURT (27-01-16), GEORGE (09-01-23), redisiel (27-03-16), Skunky n funky (27-01-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (29-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,868 Times

Respect to ya and nothing less pilgrim but recon folk be a bit to the crazy when all it take is stick to string and some bait to galf take to shore and nothing more then mother nature offer from under rock to fill ones belly. Guess ifin yual have the rich and take to it more aggressive ya win yur want, but when I take to stream and take fresh trout with quick snatch of hand for free, the lemon I put to it is just a little more sweeter to my pallet

BWD

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BackWoodsDrifter For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (28-01-16), GEORGE (09-01-23), redisiel (27-03-16), Skunky n funky (28-01-16), SpongeBongWeedPants (29-01-16), walshy (28-01-16)

Thanks

Avid Carper. I have done a few seasons working in France on a couple of carp lakes. Love it

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tabz89 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (01-02-16), GEORGE (09-01-23), redisiel (27-03-16), Skunky n funky (02-02-16), walshy (02-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Woooooohoooooooo rod licences renewed spools all refilled and I'm ready to go people.
    Only just see this thread too.

There's soooooonany fishing lakes resevoirs within a hours drive of me the problem is most of them now are full of noddys lol a lot have also turned into flippin syndicate lakes where I think you'd have to get on your knees to get on if you know what I mean.

Target this year and still for the past 25 years is a British 50lb carp ever since I fell in love with that birch mary Pmsl.
    First stop Walthamstow resevoirs next week they doing night fishing there the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month there now and there are some real nice carp in there
    I've also had snotties out of there to 16lb 13oz and tench to 11lb 7 oz

As for the catfishing we normally fish are two lakes with catfish in them around July so that's when it's time to get the slugs out would love a British 60lb cat
    Happy fishing people the weather should hopefully be blessing us soon,
    Peace and best wishes
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (27-03-16), GEORGE (09-01-23), walshy (27-03-16)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast