Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Great White Shark v Rhizotonic

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Pinkman View Post
    Lovely post Bud, plain to see diference there mate like day and nite. Great white is used the same time as rhizo yeah? During cuttings and vegg stage?

Might get some of that stuff, can still be used in water cant it mate?
    it was hannibal that got me started with it jess and he said if you start using it in water you,ve got to carry on with it till the end, his diarys are still up, i,m sure he only started using it because he got an infection

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (02-02-16), Jesse Pinkman (02-02-16), TheDuder (02-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bushwacked74 (24-03-16), Buster (09-02-16), Donmitch0121 (03-02-16), ERBURT (06-02-16), Glynne (10-04-17), Murdock (02-02-16), Samwise Gamgee (02-02-16), shorelineog (22-08-16), TheDuder (02-02-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Is that great white like that hydro green 110 I have? If so can see why u was rating it to me the other day roll on put up and root dunk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (02-02-16), TheDuder (02-02-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    It's actually a parasitic fungi that infects the roots, but gives so much more back to the plants than it takes "symbiotic" ...How cool is that

Regards BL
    ah i see now, so thats the reason for once you start you can,t stop, are you going to use it all the way through the grow in coco ? i just use it up until a couple of weeks into flower when the roots slow right down, i try and picture there will already be colonys built up by then , it does,nt affect the ph one bit either so its all good in that sense too, not keen on the yeisty smell though lol

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (02-02-16), kbag (02-02-16), TheDuder (02-02-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    ah i see now, so thats the reason for once you start you can,t stop, are you going to use it all the way through the grow in coco ? i just use it up until a couple of weeks into flower when the roots slow right down, i try and picture there will already be colonys built up by then , it does,nt affect the ph one bit either so its all good in that sense too, not keen on the yeisty smell though lol
    I'm not sure of the colonization mechanism in water, it may be that a permanent suspension of the mycorrhizal is required to keep the numbers up.

In coco or compost i think once you have the medium colonized thats pretty much it, may be the odd top up here and there..I used it to dust the clones when they had rooted the jiffies and went into their starter pots then again when i potted up into finals...I reckon a weekly soluble dose throughout veg and into early flower will be sufficient.

Regards BL

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Buster (09-02-16), Murdock (02-02-16), Samwise Gamgee (02-02-16), TheDuder (02-02-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    Is that great white like that hydro green 110 I have? If so can see why u was rating it to me the other day roll on put up and root dunk
    Yeah thats mycorrhizal fungi mate, dont know if yours is water soluble though. Some are for direct contact with roots and not designed to be used with drench feeding...

Regards BL

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Murdock (02-02-16), TheDuder (02-02-16)

Thanks

Got some of this the other day and can't wait to use it.

Awesome roots you got there btw.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RossPa For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (02-02-16), kbag (02-02-16), Murdock (02-02-16), TheDuder (02-02-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Yeah thats mycorrhizal fungi mate, dont know if yours is water soluble though. Some are for direct contact with roots and not designed to be used with drench feeding...

Regards BL

Cheers man I can drench feed it says 1oz into 5 gallons if remember rightly on back of pack was reading earlier I'll double check later you may be able to help me with what ratio into 1litre as its dry granules and not ml

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (03-02-16), kbag (09-02-16), TheDuder (02-02-16)

Thanks

If your a tight git growing in pots and don`t wanna fork out for Great White then theirs a great product called Rootgrow mycorhiza that will do the same job on the root growth department at a fraction of the cost, ebay is the place to get it, although it doesn`t contain trichoderma which doesn`t really help roots grow compared to mycorrgiza and it`s more to protect against harmfull pathogens and things like root rot.

A cool thread Bud.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ken doh For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (03-02-16), geezergrow (04-09-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

it was hannibal that got me started with it jess and he said if you start using it in water you,ve got to carry on with it till the end, his diarys are still up, i,m sure he only started using it because he got an infection
    It's actually a parasitic fungi that infects the roots, but gives so much more back to the plants than it takes "symbiotic" ...How cool is that

Regards BL
    I'm not sure of the colonization mechanism in water, it may be that a permanent suspension of the mycorrhizal is required to keep the numbers up.

In coco or compost i think once you have the medium colonized thats pretty much it, may be the odd top up here and there..I used it to dust the clones when they had rooted the jiffies and went into their starter pots then again when i potted up into finals...I reckon a weekly soluble dose throughout veg and into early flower will be sufficient.

Regards BL
    Cheers lads i'll have to have a read on using it in water, makes sense with what ur sayin then that once u start using it gotta keep it up till nealy the end. I'll try and dig out some of hanibals diarys and have a read up

Never have issues with my roots in water tbh but anything than helps nute uptake sounds good to me

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (03-02-16), ERBURT (06-02-16)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast