Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Great White Shark v Rhizotonic

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Well looks like I'll be getting some Great white then.

Top information as always Mr Lightyear.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (03-02-16), Buster (09-02-16), ERBURT (06-02-16), Jesse Pinkman (06-02-16), Murdock (03-02-16), Toasted (08-02-16)

Thanks

great write up,,,,,,,,,,,, i all ready use both but its good to see pictures like that for peace of mind

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the jakal For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-05-16)

Thanks

Might be a dumb question but I say dumb things.. With the rhizo can I put a drop in the soil where I'm about to put my seed? Or do I have to wait a day after putting the seed in?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to D90 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-05-16)

White Warg Guest

I used mycorrhizal fungi, via Plant Magic Granules. Only potted-up once (seedling to final pot) but you could see the "fur" around some of the roots.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Thanks Bud, thats what I was trying to explain to peeps on chat the other day, you've covered it in a nut shell, now do you see the reasons why I'm using both products,
    REGARDS MJCTHC1

P.P.P.P.P.P. - Perfect Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"Keep it green and full of light"

http:/Completed 2nd diary 32 oz from 9 plants

Check out my first attempt at a diary

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-diary-attempt

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-05-16)

Thanks

Great post

As mentioned, once you have colonised the root zone you don't need to keep adding. The fungi builds upon a symbolic relationship with the roots. So they both grow together.

It was also mentioned about continual use in hydro. The reason is tricoderma doesn't live long. It's like a seek and destroy for bad pathogens, such as pythium. Produxts such as hydroguard are so effective at protecting the roots and defeating root rot., its a very complex topic and adds an entire new dimension to growing.

Thank you light year for this post, I known Rhizo is popular with they guys here and rightly so.
    Last edited by Gander; 05-02-16 at 08:40 AM.
    All the best, Gander

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gander For This Useful Post:

Bin man (08-04-19), Blue (06-02-16), Bud Lightyear (27-05-16), Jesse Pinkman (06-02-16), Murdock (05-02-16), Toasted (08-02-16), toblue (29-05-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,415 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    Cheers man I can drench feed it says 1oz into 5 gallons if remember rightly on back of pack was reading earlier I'll double check later you may be able to help me with what ratio into 1litre as its dry granules and not ml
    I've worked it out for you the ratio you will need is 0.8 grams per Liter so lets call it 1 gram/ liter, hope this helps Dr. Chronic,

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MJCTHC1 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-05-16), Jesse Pinkman (06-02-16)

Thanks

It doesn`t just help with uptake, when adding bennies their should be no need ever to PH your feeds if you got a healthy microherd because they will act as natural ph buffers, they thrve anywhere between 6.0 and 7.0 PH, fungi type bennies like it a bit more acidic in a soil of PH 6.0 and even lower, they will generally be the dominant factor in soils with PH below 5.5 and under but anything above 6.0 PH and generally bacteria will thrive and become the dominant factor in your herd which prefers summink closer to PH 7.0.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ken doh For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-05-16)

Thanks

Future harvest copied great white and much cheaper its called plantacillin , I even use it on clones, great stuff !!! Here's the bumpf on it contains the same as great white plus more

The Ultimate in Root Protection.
    Plantacillin contains the beneficial bacteria - Bacillus subtilis GB03, a naturally occurring bacteria that colonizes and lives on plant roots and root hairs. Bacillus subtilis GB03 is gram-positive (spore producing), making it extremely persistent and able to withstand stressful conditions like heat, drought, and cold. Plantacillin’s non-clogging, non-abrasive liquid formulation also includes a food source to ensure the survival of the GB03 once they are applied. This means they act like an enzyme factory in the growers’ reservoir or grow medium. Plantacillin is 100% natural, and contains no chemicals. What does this mean for you and your plants? Well, to start with, you’ll get some secondary benefits that you wouldn’t when using chemicals. For instance, it is a known fact that the use of chemical products will actually prune the roots of your plants. In stark contrast to chemical fungicides, Plantacillin actually encourages stronger, denser root mass and length! That is because Bacillus subtilis GB03 excretes auxin-like substances that encourage such growth. The product is also easy to use and extremely concentrated with a dilution rate of only 1ml per 4L! Plantacillin can be reservoir-mixed with fertilizers without detrimental effects to the product. That’s right … you won’t have to do any extra work with Plantacillin and that can mean big time savings! The difference between bacteria and enzymes is beyond the scope of this section but basically your customers and clients can understand the main difference as follows; enzymes become in active once they have done there job-bacterium do not they continue to reproduce in the system and continue to be active therefore. GB03 survives from ‘eating’ bad bacteria so it acts like a guard against disease. Plantacillin also contains a broad spectrum anti-biotic for increased plant protection. Works throughout the life of your chosen plants, is highly beneficial in situations where trouble with the pythium virus is common such as poorly oxygenated hydroponics systems.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growmaster For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (27-05-16), ken doh (09-02-16)

Thanks

Bud, do you think this product would be almost as good ?

TNC Mycorr Max

Where Great White says 2 species of trichoderma, TNC has 5 species of trichoderma.

and 11 species of beneficial bacteria TNC has 13.

edit - one great white advert says 11, another says 19 bacterias, the 11 has 'beneficial' with it too.
    Last edited by HeebyJ; 09-02-16 at 09:12 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeebyJ For This Useful Post:

Bin man (08-04-19), Bud Lightyear (27-05-16)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast