Thread: Moving from a grow tent to a room

Thanks

Default Moving from a grow tent to a room

I was thinking of upgrading my 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 tent to a 2.4 x 1.2 x 2 tent for my next grow, however I'm thinking I might as well spend the money on some materials and put up a stud wall, splitting the room in 2 and using 1 half for growing.

It'd be a similar size to a 2.4 x 1.2 tent although slightly higher.

I currently use a 6" RVK fan which is set to 25% keeping temps at around 22. This is with a 600w HPS. I'm thinking that with 2x 600s, I could probably get away with using the same fan turned up a bit.

Ideally I'd go with passive intake (thinking of designing it so I could open / close as appropriate).

I want to keep costs down to a minimum, hence reusing my existing equipment although I would need to buy an extra ballast and bulb, and I'm thinking of an EvoTechnics controller to somewhat automate things.

So, in a nutshell, what I'm proposing:

2.4 x 1.2 x 2.5m grow area
    2x 600w HPS lights
    2x 1m parabolic reflectors (already have these)
    6" RVK extraction
    Passive intake although I could always throw in a couple of PC fans if needed
    8 plants, 4 under each light in 15L pots (soil)

Advantages:

I could work on soundproofing (my biggest current worry is the noise from fans etc)
    No light leaks (quality of my DR120 is appalling)
    Adding the fan controller gives me a degree of automation (no worrying if the window blows open and I'm out, or can't get back in time to turn the heater on at lights out etc)
    Bigger space for a bigger yield
    Easier to disguise - if someone pokes their head round the door, they'll just see the wall whereas a glowing grow tent with ducting is obvious!

If all goes OK, I should be doubling my yields for £200-300 quid along with improving noise levels and security. I'd just need to buy the materials, a ballast and bulb.

One question is how do people handle their extraction? Just place the filter in the middle of the room? Have 2 ducts going into the 1 fan, one at each side of the room?

Thoughts?

Thanks

build a box for around your rvk and sound proof it.although I wrapped myn with a sleeping blanket for now ha I have 6 x 600w with a passive 6 in intake 12 out at 100% so you will be ok 50/60 with two lights easy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shuzz For This Useful Post:

sodangerous (25-02-16)

Thanks

Anyone else gone from a tent to a room and care to chime in?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

best person to contact would be the budda mate as i know he has a dedicated room for his beasts