Thread: Waiting for urine test results, your help and advise would be really appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Default Waiting for urine test results, your help and advise would be really appreciated!!!!

Hi there,

I took a urine (split sample) test as part of a pre employment medical 6 days ago. It was sent to Alere Toxicology UK lab.

The test is for a safety critical railway job and I really need to pass. If I fail, they may tell my current employer (Network Rail) and I will lose everything, pension and 20 years of hard work. I am 38, 5'9 180 lbs and had been clean for 42 days before the test. Before that I had smoked a couple of joints a night for about 3 years, with the odd few months off if I knew a medical was coming up. I think my metabolism is ok but not the best, I passed some at home strips with varying degrees (faint to strong thc line after drinking a pint or two of water).

I am frightened. I think I will be tested at 20ng instead of 50ng (which I passed the home tests with). It has been nearly a week since the test and I've heard nothing back yet. I am panicking in case it has been sent for confirmation testing and I dread a phonecall from the lab to say I've failed.

Please don't judge me, I only want some help and advice. Has anyone tested with this lab before or does anyone know what the average turnaround time is for these labs in the UK? What do you think my chances are? I took creative supplements and vitamins 3 hours before the test and diluted my urine to straw colour. Any advice or help would be appreciated and I will share my results as soon as I get them...
    Last edited by Scotty2016; 29-02-16 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,243 Times

you will be fine dude dont be worrying ps quit its not worth it when you retire then u smoke all u want good luck usually takes 28 days i smoked 4 grams a day went to prison and 30 days later got the all clear

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ganja.lad For This Useful Post:

Scotty2016 (29-02-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

When I worked on the Railway, they never did that sort of thing. When they found out I was a toker, they wanted me to work under supervision for a while.

That's all I can really say on the matter.

Thanks

Thanks guys, it's never affected my performance. I just don't know how long it takes for the results to come back and the shitty things is, they don't normally tell you it's negative as they assume you pass so I just dunno where I stand at the minute. It's stressful!

Thanks

I've had to do lots of piss tests for work. You say you've been clean for 42 days before you took the test, then you are all good bud. Take a deep breath, relax. People who exercise lots and have a good metabolism will have it exit their system faster. The 30 day window is the far end of the spectrum for the guy who's body is in worse shape. It's stored in your fat cells.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

I stopped smoking for 6 weeks and still failed a random D&A test at work 18 months ago

Thanks

Hi teapot, was it a urine sample and how long did it take to get your results? Did you dilute?

Thanks

7 days and no results yet ��