Thread: My Wilma - 4 x XL 18 Litre pots

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Default My Wilma - 4 x XL 18 Litre pots

Hi Guys,

Well thought I would do a quick thread on my Wilma and the setup I will be using this grow.

I really like the Wilma, and have been growing with mine for a year now, but out of the box there were a few things that worried me.

1. The stock pump isn't powerful enough
    2. I needed a way to empty the reservoir easily.
    3. I wanted more than the four drippers, that come as standard, my version allows for up to 3 per plant.

So I redesigned the dripper system on mine, I have had a few variation's over the year, but the below is what I will be going with this grow. I have tested this and it literally empties the reservoir to nothing, in about 5 minutes.

Here is a picture of the dripper system:

So a quick explanation of how it works:

1. The red gate on the far left is for cleaning purposes only, and remains closed at all other times
    2. To empty the reservoir, close the middle red gate, open the green gate and the system can pump the contents of the reservoir into a jerry can or other container
    3. To feed plants open the middle red gate and close the green gate on the output hose

The water pump uses a 19mm barb, so I have added an a 19mm elbow barb and some 19mm hose. It draws from the very bottom of the reservoir and then I have added a 19mm to 13mm reducer connector, to increase water pressure.

The kit I used for this is below:

1. 13mm hose
    2. 19mm hose
    3. 3 x 13mm elbow connectors
    4. 1 x 13mm T connector
    5. 3 x 13mm 4 dripper manifold
    6. 3 x 13mm gates
    7. 1 x 13mm to 19mm reducer
    8. 1 x 19mm elbow connector
    9. 1 x Hailea HX8810 Water pump

Hope this helps someone, I will do a video at the weekend showing it in action
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 01-03-16 at 09:13 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (04-03-16), Dr Anonymous Green (05-03-16), GREATWHITESHARK (22-05-16), Jack_41 (03-03-16), jericho (04-03-16), Jesse Pinkman (01-03-16), onion ring (24-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

Great little guide mate

Out of curiosity how many minutes does the 3 drippers take to fill a litre? And was it the maxi jet 500 you had as the original pump?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (04-03-16)

Thanks

Not sure yet fella, been waiting for some new drippers and some dripper line, I will be completing it on Sunday so will shoot a video

I will do the video with the res with the full 50 litres in, so you can see how it looks with the top on

Need to find the power supply for my BlueLab Guardian thou!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmandaz View Post
    Great little guide mate

Out of curiosity how many minutes does the 3 drippers take to fill a litre? And was it the maxi jet 500 you had as the original pump?
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 04-03-16 at 08:26 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (05-03-16)

Thanks

Just on checking replies n such but I've subbed this thread, check out mine as I'm doing something similar too and hopefully we can help out each other

Dr-Chronic Guest

Sweeeeet mate!! Defiantly on the list that is a flipping neat idea sir, I want to do this for my 8 pot wilma any idea on what I'd need mate as take it different size and set up different amount of things needed could I just add a hose to drain to the bath mate is that possible? Thanks mate genius buddy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (06-03-16)

Thanks

Hi Folks, sorry forgot to update this

So I have been using these drippers for the first 4 weeks of flower, and they have been working like a charm.

One dripper will out put about a litre every two minutes, so I have been giving them a half hour feed, per day, but that is in coco

Hope everyone has a good one

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (04-05-16)

Thanks

hi mate dont know about open the red gate to close the green gate idea reminds me of gettin shouted at younger leaving gate open lol but see the last post says ure feeding half hour per day because of coco. why only that much? does the coco hold more water? i was gonna do 15min feed every 2-3hr in wilma coco would that be too much
    cheers samwise

OR

13. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (24-04-16)

Thanks

Hi OR,

I have hand watered in coco before and at the stage of flower I am at, the plants only require about 5 litres per pot.

At the minute with the drippers, I am feeding for half hour, which equals 15 litres, per dripper, considering each pot has 3 drippers, that is 45 litres going through each pot.

This is more than enough to flush the pots through, and you also want to allow the coco to dry out a certain amount so you get oxygen to the roots. Feeding more than once a day in coco, seems excessive tbh, it make sense with the clay balls

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    hi mate dont know about open the red gate to close the green gate idea reminds me of gettin shouted at younger leaving gate open lol but see the last post says ure feeding half hour per day because of coco. why only that much? does the coco hold more water? i was gonna do 15min feed every 2-3hr in wilma coco would that be too much
    cheers samwise

OR
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 24-04-16 at 03:16 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

onion ring (24-04-16)

Thanks

hey sam im constantly checking the hydro section and thought id pop in an see how things are wit your girls
    hope alls well mate

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Samwise Gamgee (10-05-16)

Thanks

sweeet just started using wilma