Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what's better than a air stone for oxygen???

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Flooming is no air it's the water pressure
    Like if u had a water pump pointing up n the top is moving like a swell
    Them ceramic discs are good though I used car them for years

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (13-03-16), GEORGE (08-11-17), M_C (25-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,873 Times

All hydroponics is about maximum oxgen around the roots which is why aeroponics will produce the best roots cause they are just suspended in air as for dwc and airstones i tend to try and aim for maximum blown into each bucket.

I.e 15ltr res 30ltrs per minute being blown in kinda like a cross between dwc and aeroponics plus you get room to manouver for increased res temprature because oxygen depletes as the res temps get warm which leads to suffocation of the roots causing root rot by blowing extra o2 it countet acts this to a degree

Currently im using golfball airstones 2 per res same effect as above but if you put to much pressure into them it blows them apart. Koi airstones are good cause they create micropore bubbles that break the water and create the oxygen and withstand higher pressure

Root ball from an auto think different with no real amount of veg time plus pump and stones for reference

Hope this helps

Seymour

Last edited by seymour-buds; 03-03-16 at 11:15 PM.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to seymour-buds For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (31-03-16), BornToBeAgrower (26-02-18), British green (16-03-16), GEORGE (08-11-17), JB (17-03-17), Jesse Pinkman (17-03-16), M_C (25-01-17)

Thanks

thanks seymour-buds for the input and its very helpful just cant figure out whats the best option is flooming or air stone amd cant get the conections to do so but any way be posting so pics see what you guys think about my setuo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kingofkush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Quote Originally Posted by kingofkush View Post
    thanks seymour-buds for the input and its very helpful just cant figure out whats the best option is flooming or air stone amd cant get the conections to do so but any way be posting so pics see what you guys think about my setuo
    You need space to make flooming work properly dude cuz if ur only playing with a 20L pot once the roots are booming they will get in the way of the pump flooming the surface of the water, and will block up the pump below it. You realy nead a larger surface area to work to get the best out of flooming i.e a wider res with more surface area. stick to airstones in those small pots.

Spraybars are the best method of delivering dissolved oxygen into a water system. And then you have the bennefits of mixing nutes around system more efficiently aswel. But they are for RDWC realy not DWC.

Somthings up with that system ur showing in picture, a 110 litre per hour air pump should practically empty that bucket of water jacuzzi style powering one airstone. So either summats up with your pump, you have air escaping from airline or summats up with the airstone

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

British green (11-06-16), ERBURT (13-03-16), GEORGE (08-11-17), Growmaster (16-03-16), JB (17-03-17), retsnomsdog (25-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    Flooming is better than a air stone it gives u more dissolved oxygen and u dint get any airstones getting crap in them as u don't use them of a spray bar as more surface movement more D O
    Nice post, good info. BUT youre leaving out the other side of the dissolved oxygen story. DO may be higher with flooming and waterfall methods, but you have NO atmospheric oxygen present. So even though more oxygen is dissolved in the water, less is actually present.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Growmaster For This Useful Post:

B.born (25-10-20), Bammbulance (27-03-16), British green (19-03-16), GEORGE (08-11-17), retsnomsdog (25-01-17), THE DARK KNIGHT (21-02-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

The one thing to remember is without pressure there is a relatively small amount of oxygen you can actually dissolve into said amount of water . In deep water cultivation it's more about delivering fresh and a almost infinite amount of oxygen to your roots through the water . You can pump or supply 150ltrs of fresh air to your water and your plants roots will benefit from this at the correct temps but you can't dissolve much oxygen into water before it just comes back to the surface and escapes . If you're really interested read up on Henry's law

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17), imnice (21-02-17), retsnomsdog (25-01-17), TheGrimSqueeker (24-12-19)

Thanks

thanks to all of you guys and i need to buy seeds and i want you guys to recomend me some good sativa indica types with fast growth and big yeild if you had a good strain please tell me!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kingofkush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17)

Thanks

That’s good… Henry’s Law is all inclusive and can solve the dissolved oxygen problem, seriously.
    Hey British, I read your old post in the thread. I chuckled when I read it and just had to respond, pressure is a no-brainer.

A while back I was really interested in this subject, so interested that I reviewed Henry’s Law and then I applied the Law. The gas Law demonstrated the ease of controlling DO and a DO test proved to me what was far better than air stone, AIR and any air compressor if controlling the DO is important or necessary. I applied Henry's Law and then had the ability to make my reservoir water any DO I wanted and I confirm the DO I wanted by DO testing, guessing and hoping became obsolete and were no longer options for me.

Pressure! You and ole “Bill” Henry make Dissolved Oxygen manipulation in water so simple and so exact… barometric pressure is 14.7 psi at sea level, I can’t change that but I can change (increase) the oxygen gas partial pressure… I can control concentration of oxygen. So if I can dissolve O2 (NOT AIR) into the water, I can precisely control the DO I chose at most any water temperature I want to use. Just like doctors dissolve that same oxygen into a patients blood to achieve excellent dissolved oxygen saturations they chose.

So, In deep water cultivation when you increase the oxygen gas concentration, the partial pressure oxygen increases, then anyone can insure an infinite amount of oxygen to the roots balls and beneficial microbial colonies throughout the hydroponic system.

If this this poster is seriously wants the absolute best method of oxygenation, wants to eliminate any possibility of low oxygen insults that causes mortality and morbidity, root suffocation, root rot and microbial colony mortality the conditions that invite fungal infestations just bone-up on Henry's Law and use it. Maintain DO within safe range throughout the total grow period.

Increase the oxygen partial pressure and test the DO Saturation with a DO Meter or chemical DO Test to confirm your always in the “safe dissolved oxygen range.”

To do this is not FREE, it will cost $100 or so… $75 for a reconditioned PSA Oxygen generator or an O2Grow unit and $25 for a DO Chemical Test kit. $100 for equipment and your oxygenation problems and worries are over and there will be no more dithering about low oxygen problems or the possibility of low oxygen problems.

Playing with atmospheric pressure, oxygen partial pressure and O2 gas concentrations at 1 ATM works well. Simply increasing the gaseous oxygen concentration to 29% O2 increases the oxygen partial to 221 mm/hg pressure --- 221 mm/hg increase in O2 partial pressure is equal to increasing the atmospheric pressure an additional 4.4 psi (equivalent to hyperbaric pressure of 19.1 psi.
    1.0 mm/hg = .0193 psi (.02)

Barometric pressure @ sea level is 14.7 psi or 760 mm/hg pressure
    Air – 21% oxygen X 760 mm/hg =159 mm/hg pressure - period
    30% oxygen --- 0.3 X 760 mm/hg = 228 mm/hg pressure – period
    50% oxygen --- 0.5 X 760 mm/hg = 380 mm/hg pressure = period

You are absolutely correct about Pressure British, simply increase the O2 pressure as described by Henry and you too can insure DO Saturation for 85F hydroponic water 24/7/365 if you like. Apply Henry’s Law correctly and you're DWC oxygenation will never again be limited again because air pumps, air, water chillers or DO Charts.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Henryj For This Useful Post:

420Rancher (21-03-18), bigbadbillybob (31-12-17), British green (25-01-17), GEORGE (08-11-17), JB (17-03-17), retsnomsdog (25-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quick question how much dissolved oxygen can 10 litres of water hold at 18 degrees Celsius or 64 degrees Fahrenheit . This would be helpful also if I had available amount and dissolved if different oh and good evening

sent from mission control

18. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

Lookup o2grow which does not use a pump it uses the process of electrolysis to split water into it parts and flood the water with more oxygen than any air stone can. They claim 50 percent more than bubblers. The best part is its energy efficient and has no moving parts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast