Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what's better than a air stone for oxygen???

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

Check out their site for a video and it will make you want one

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Quick question how much dissolved oxygen can 10 litres of water hold at 18 degrees Celsius or 64 degrees Fahrenheit . This would be helpful also if I had available amount and dissolved if different oh and good evening

sent from mission control
    And Good Morning to you today... It's another fine Saturday morning.

A quick answer to your great question. Actually 10 liters or 50 gallons water will saturate with dissolved oxygen at most any temperature F or C degrees and if you want that same water supersaturated to 110% with dissolved oxygen, ain't nothing to that because anyone can accomplish this with ease too. There's nothing to it man, just bone up on Henry's Law and apply gas law. Here's the Law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry's_law

Try not to fixate on the (air) DO Charts and the limitations they prescribe - water temperature to DO. When you understand Henry's Law, then you can thing beyond the limitations of the box (the box that limits your oxygenating capability is that little DO Chart). Try thinking like the people that bottle Dr. Pepper, Sprite, 7-UP and Champaign. Apply A chemistry gas law like the bottlers do and expand your dissolved oxygenating capabilities dramatically. Playing with science and manipulating dissolved oxygen in DWC water can yield real dramatic results in the crop and the microbial colonies in the soup.
    later...
    Last edited by Henryj; 28-01-17 at 02:32 PM. Reason: clarity

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Henryj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17), JB (02-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

There are these porous hoses they have thst you can zig zag and line the entire bottom of tanks . Im gonna buy a roll i think .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    There are these porous hoses they have thst you can zig zag and line the entire bottom of tanks . Im gonna buy a roll i think .

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Is that what they call an air curtain
    Davo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,815 Times

Flumeing the water is great for dissolved oxygen so say you had a ball cock inur res and it didn't really go down by a lot u can buy these filter pump the stick inside the res and water goes in bottom and comes out at a 90degree bend,it breaks surface tension and creates loads of dissolved oxygen provided the temps are within range
    Davo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2 Times

5" AIR STONE AIT HYDROPONICS AQUATICS 5" ORBIT AIR INJECTION TECHNOLOGY, look them up on ebay I have just bought 4 gonna try them sunday, when I change my nutrients, there cheap to buy and look at the pictures then decide, there is sonic ones on youtube,there pukka but cost a packet, hope it helps

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tocixblue01 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17), Stickysticky (19-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Red frog air tube diffusers , best i gurantee

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-11-17)

Thanks

Back in the day I used to use an aquarium "Powerhead" in my (admittedly small) 4-plant bubbler. The only issue with it was when the water level dropped very low the Powerhead could be a bit noisy.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHydra For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    Lookup o2grow which does not use a pump it uses the process of electrolysis to split water into it parts and flood the water with more oxygen than any air stone can. They claim 50 percent more than bubblers. The best part is its energy efficient and has no moving parts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Ya beat me too it, I just posted about O2Grow, I havn't used one though, their vids are impressive and my post outlines how to make one, if you are that way inclined as they are really expensive. Techead

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-18)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast