Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RSO oil/ Cbd oil - Best way to consume?

Thanks

Default RSO oil/ Cbd oil - Best way to consume?

Hello

I will be making the oil for my friend who has cancer, and wanted to learn the best way or recommended way to ingest the oil.

Some articles and videos suggest straight neat oil from the syringe, and some say that once it has been decarbed and finished on the coffee heat tray to mix it with coconut butter.

Which one is best used? From reading some sites they say mixing with butter and putting it under the tongue delivers into blood stream quicker and better due to fat content of the butter?

But some sites say to start with half a grain size of rice and put that under the tongue?

If its butter is it a 1:1 ratio.

Or not use the butter?

Thanks for helping

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dev2016 For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Do you need help in making the oil first mate?

Chew Guest

There are a few ways you can use cannabis oil.

Apply to the gum
    When done correctly you will not get high

You can ingest it but the high is intense. You must start off with tiny amounts. 1/4 size of a grain of rice and build up slowly

I believe suppositories are the best method, but, I'm still researching this. The uptake it meant to be way higher over ingesting

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (27-06-17), jericho (14-03-16), mickeysplif (29-06-16)

Thanks

Cheers bud, I am still in the flowering phase, not got long left in the flowering.
    Ive read and watched loads of youtube vids.

But any help and tips/support would be good.

Planning on using a rice cooker, then coffee warmer to get rid of rest of bubbles.
    Hopefully this will decarb and prepare oil well.

What do you think.

Thanks

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dev2016 View Post
    Cheers bud, I am still in the flowering phase, not got long left in the flowering.
    Ive read and watched loads of youtube vids.

But any help and tips/support would be good.

Planning on using a rice cooker, then coffee warmer to get rid of rest of bubbles.
    Hopefully this will decarb and prepare oil well.

What do you think.

Thanks
    I'll help you in any way i can mate. I'm no expert though. Just someone else like yourself, trying to save a friends life. Have a look in my other thread using the link below on making oil. Whilst a rice cooker is fine, you don't need one so if you don't have one, you just saved a few quid Take a look and fire away.

What strains are you growing and how many?
    What type of cancer does your friend have?

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-oil-run/page3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (25-07-16)

Thanks

I would put it in a capsule.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    There are a few ways you can use cannabis oil.

Apply to the gum
    When done correctly you will not get high

You can ingest it but the high is intense. You must start off with tiny amounts. 1/4 size of a grain of rice and build up slowly

I believe suppositories are the best method, but, I'm still researching this. The uptake it meant to be way higher over ingesting
    The reason there is no high when used as a suppository because it goes straight to tge blood stream instead of being processed through the liver.

Thanks

RSO is generally made from low THC and High CBD strains

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Two_Bears View Post
    The reason there is no high when used as a suppository because it goes straight to tge blood stream instead of being processed through the liver.

Yes, correct

Quote Originally Posted by Two_Bears View Post
    RSO is generally made from low THC and High CBD strains
    You make your CO from suitable strains to suit the condition you're treating. That's what we do over here in the UK anyway
    Last edited by Chew; 30-06-16 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks

Hi Chewy,

Hope all is going ok. Been a busy and scary time.
    Friends cancer seems to have gotten a bit worse, but dr says is still treatable.

But has spread to brain. Scared.

I am just waiting on my alcohol and worktop distiller to arrive, then will be making the oil.

In your opinion, what would be a really good way to take the oil, so it gets to the brain and does the job of helping my friend?

My friend is on so many meds at the moment, but does not smoke.
    doesnt like the high effect, but wants to try the oil.

Can you think of a way to take the oil so it goes to the brain quickly, and hopefully works.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast