Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Back from a week in Amsterdam

White Warg Guest

Default Back from a week in Amsterdam

The g/f is at a milestone birthday age, her parents got us flights and B&B.

Amsterdam is pretty cleaned-up now. Lots of coffeeshops in our neighbourhood: Barneys, Bulldog, Dampkring, Popeye, Picasso area, just west of Centraal Station. Also got weed in Rembrandtplein (couple of places), Leidseplein, and Katsu.

Didn't get a whiff of a good joint, even once. Didn't get stoned, even once. Didn't get high, even once. I was rolling pure blunts. Large ones too. Used to be one of those would utterly destroy me.

Amsterdam used to have fantastic gear at low prices. Then in the 2000s it was great gear at much higher prices. Their current stock is street weed. The third-rate weed from cheaper Silk Road dealers. The sort of weed that has barely any smell (pre or post grind) and barely any taste and barely any effect.

The ambience in coffeeshops has changed too. Without the dank stank and the heavy stone, the coffeeshops seem to be people just talking to their mates. Sure you can tap people on the shoulder and talk to them and they're friendly enough, but it's like talking to someone at the bus stop. It's not like talking to someone out-of-it with their stoned face on. And that's because they're not stoned.

As the g/f said on Tuesday night as we got back in and sparked up some of my Chocolate Orange auto: mine has the pungent smell, and after a short blunt and a half the pair of us were melted.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to White Warg For This Useful Post:

British green (23-03-16), M_C (23-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

A shame to hear WW, yeah, things have defiantly gone down hill in the last 15+ years, but there is still some good smoke to be found however, not all the bud there is good bud anymore
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (23-03-16), GEORGE (09-08-16), Timbo287 (15-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

The place has changed alot and went down hill after they got the Euro .

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-16), M_C (23-03-16), Timbo287 (15-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

We all had some banging smoke at the meet up lots new flavours never seen before
    I suppose it depends on what shops u visit as well

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

British green (23-03-16), GEORGE (09-08-16), M_C (23-03-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Top Tip...

If you're going to bring anything back with you, do not try to blur or pixelate your face. I've seen a lot of these border control type programs, and almost everyone who tried to blur their face, get stopped by customs or immigration.

They must be wise to this now, so best thing to do is not to blur your face, and walk through like almost everyone else.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Flyingscotsman (18-05-17), Ganjaholic (10-10-16), GEORGE (09-08-16), SecondShot (09-10-16), Timbo287 (15-10-16), Type M (23-02-17)

White Warg Guest

The prices went up after the Euro, certainly. But the quality was there. I've heard the grow farms have moved, so perhaps transport has something to do with it.

Not sure it was just my strains either. I mean, I didn't smell any decent 2nd hand smoke either.

Oh well, just gives me encouragement for my grows.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Warg For This Useful Post:

M_C (23-03-16), wildwelshman (24-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Certainly wasn't like that when I was there recently. I have never failed to visit grey area without getting high
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-16), M_C (23-03-16), Timbo287 (15-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,368 Times

As face said we had some good strains when we went last year. Grey area tends to have nice stuff but yes prices have crept up

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reganlives For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-16), Timbo287 (15-10-16)

Thanks

Just got back on Monday.

I found the weed a bit hit and miss to be honest.

Hunters coffeeshop no longer sells weed, Voyagers still sell some banging budd, but you have to sit in them stupid glass rooms to smoke it.
    I recommend the silver bubble. Cant remember the shop but one of the lads bought a gram and it had five seeds in it.

Spent alot of time in prix d'ami as it was literally 2 minutes from the apartment. Again thier stuff was hit and miss too.

The red light district loses more windows everytime i go out there, and the woman were pretty ropey.

And since when did they start giving you attitude for daring to touch the weed?

We also stopped in Barneys for a spliff and had the pleasure of hearing this song 4 times in a row

Last edited by RossPa; 01-04-16 at 10:19 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RossPa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-16), Timbo287 (15-10-16)

Thanks

And here's a quick look at the apartment (weed smoking allowed)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RossPa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-08-16)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast