Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When should I flip?

Thanks

Question When should I flip?

Hello THCTalkers

I have 2 plants going in soil, fully organic. One was started a month after the other and got a bit of a shock when I knocked over the pot accidentally. It bounced back and was growing well so I gave it a topping a few days ago, it's bounced back from that and is growing about 8 tops so far. I am doing a 2x2 scrog with the 2 in a greenhouse. The bigger one is filling out quite a bit of the screen by itself while the other will hopefully give me 8 tops on the bottom left part of the screen. I had really crazy weather where I am for the past few months with high temps so the babies took a while to grow as it is, had to use shade cloth at some point but luckily the high heat has pretty much finished. The only thing is in my previous scrog I messed up on the tucking and had loads of buds that grew taller than one another. I've been tucking the tops in order to try to keep them all on the same sort of level. On the 2 biggest branches I am starting to get secondary branching which hopefully should grow through soon enough just like on the smaller plant. Could one of you tell me how much more to wait in order to stop the supplemental lighting and let them flower?

Last edited by Disturbed; 25-03-16 at 03:20 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Give hem atleast a week to tens days to recover rom topping bro, but you can continue to tracks fin for the first3 elks 12/12 just don't top them in flower

Up the irons

Thanks

It's only the little one that I topped. I thought about going for another week. I topped about 3 days ago I think. I'm more concerned with the new tops that are coming from the branches on the bigger one. Will they have time to grow through within the week?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    It's only the little one that I topped. I thought about going for another week. I topped about 3 days ago I think. I'm more concerned with the new tops that are coming from the branches on the bigger one. Will they have time to grow through within the week?
    Should be fine bro I'd wait til you have atleast half or even 3/4 of your screen full before flip

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Disturbed (26-03-16)

Thanks

To fill up half it would take like another month

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,411 Times

To fill up half it would take like another month
    There's no point in a scrog if you not gonna fill the screen up . Will be worth it mate

Thanks

The bigger one is already 2 months old I can't afford to wait much longer. The secondaries from the newer branches are not really growing . I got another question I know that you should clear all the growth beneath the screen. How about if I only trimmed off the bud sites and left the fan leaves underneath alone? Will this help increase the size of the buds on the canopy or is it better to trim the lot?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Disturbed For This Useful Post:

jonno1985 (26-03-16)

Thanks

About 3 of the branches are starting to get secondaries but most of the branches are still thin and without any secondary growth just like this:

I stripped some fan leaves as they were blocking the nodes under the screen. Dont know if it'll do it any good but it was really stuffy down there I thought it could increase light penetration and air flow.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,411 Times

I'm not totally sure mate but I think you're best off removing all growth below your screen , you want all energy above the screen.

I'm doing my first grow and I'd say you're best off waiting for someone more experienced to come around. All the best though

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chibbs For This Useful Post:

Disturbed (26-03-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

The bigger one is already 2 months old I can't afford to wait much longer. The secondaries from the newer branches are not really growing . I got another question I know that you should clear all the growth beneath the screen. How about if I only trimmed off the bud sites and left the fan leaves underneath alone? Will this help increase the size of the buds on the canopy or is it better to trim the lot?
    The idea is to fill 70-80% of your screen before going into flower. Then filling the last gaps during the stretch.

Once your screen is filled then you remove anything (leaves & any bud sites) below it, as they won't receive any light anyway.

Are you flowering them indoors or outdoors?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Disturbed (26-03-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast