Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bong lords 1st diary mentored by beth

Thanks

So today I actually Did the res change that was due 3 days ago haha. I've had a very busy week to say the least!

Topped the big girl 3 days ago and she's recovering nicely. Topped the middle girl today when changing res so fingers crossed all is well with her.

Still very worried about the CK checked the roots today and they are mostly white however there are a few small ones that are quite brown. You can see from pics differance in size from the 2 strains.

The big girl

The middle girl

The runt (cookie kush)

Temps and humidity sitting pretty. Do I wanna be removing any of that heavy leafage from my bigger girls?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (25-04-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,649 Times in 3,423 Posts

Mmm

Dont know what to suggest about the little un.
    If shes getting brown roots we dont want them spreading and affecting the rest.
    She could be a runt so she'll always be overshadowed by the other two I reckon.
    Maybe pull her,or give a little more time,up to you dear.
    We could run into problems later with the different strains due to them requiring different feed strength,not necessarily though.

Big girl looks well.
    Id leave all leaves till we are into flower but again its up to you dear.

And I thought ya wa gonna wait a while to top? Lol,

Thanks

I've pulled her she had a few brown roots so would rather focus on the big girls, and then there was 2.

I know you reccomended waiting but I've put a sort of mock screen up. Its an elastic net that hooks onto each corner of the tent but the holes are about 5" so I plan on putting the 2" plastic mesh on top of this, securing in place with zip ties. And that's only sitting about 3-4" above my plants at the mo so I've not got as much space as I orginally thought. I've also swapped the tanks around to try and get better coverage. Will be alot clearer when I take a pic tonight

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (25-04-16)

Thanks

Here's the photo I was supposed to take the other night 🙈 I need to stop getting so high lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (28-04-16)

Thanks

Looking well dear.

Just carry on doing what you're doing.

Theres some big ass fan leaves there

Thanks

Thanks Beth hopefully it's a sign of things to come would rather they grew up a little more than out for the time being. Ordered my 2 inch plastic mesh today so next week the screen will be up

I'm in week 4 of veg now how many do you think we need to run for? Or is it more a case of flip when the screen is ready?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (29-04-16)

Thanks

Lol

They would have grown taller instead of outwards if you had held off on the topping dear.
    Thats why I suggested waiting a while.

Be a few more weeks till flip yet me thinks,thats why I dont like seeds,takes so bloody long lol.

Tbh maybe you might think about trying lst ( tying her down) rather than fully training in a scrog.
    Its just those big fan leaves might become a problem later on in a scrog,its a lot easier to do and manage than scrogging.
    Less time vegging before flip too.
    Something to mull over dear,your call

Thanks

I might learn to listen one day 😂 it's not just you don't worry I have listening issues with everyone.

I see what you are saying about the scrog might be an issue. I will have to do abit of research on lst as I know even less about that! I might also struggle because I'm not sure what I would tie them too on the bottom. Would it be a really bad idea to get rid of some of the fan leaves?

I kinda had my heart set on a scrog but I wanna do what ever will give me the best yield. Next res change is gonna be teusday because I'm working all bank holiday weekend the amount of time in veg is alot longer than I expected. I was hoping for 4/6 week veg.

I've got a plan to set up a veg tent in the close future so hopefully when theese are finished I'll have some ready to go straight into flower

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-05-16)

Thanks

Think they are still a bit youg to be removing anything.

You could install the hps if you want to speed things up.

24 hours hps for a week will shift them along

Hot weather coming this week though so maybe not lol
    Last edited by Bethmeg; 04-05-16 at 01:41 AM.

Thanks

That's a shout. I'll see what the forecast is like my way. I've only got extraction running at about 50% atm so I can up that to max and I have another desk fan to move more air if I need more cooling.

Big girl is starting to touch the net so been tucking her under where ever is needed. The proper screen should be arriving any day now as soon as it's here I'll get it in place.

Think I did a bad topping job on the smaller one because it's only just recovered but at least it's growing again!

And I had a real panic last night opened the tent and there was 4 flying insects in there. I checked every leaf and there was no signs of them. Really hoping they just came in through the intake cus they saw the light. My Mrs is getting me some sticky fly pads so I'll hang them and see if I catch anything before starting to treat for bugs. I also closed the passive intake and opened one of the vents which is screened so no bugs can get through. This should still allow enough air flow.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-05-16)

Thanks

Very very good.
    The small one probably took a little longer to recover because shes not as strong a pheno as the others,nothing you will have done wrong.
    You cant really mess up topping,same as fimming,where you cut the leaves rather than the stem.Fim = fuck I missed lol.

Bloody beasties,a growers worst nightmare.
    Yes use the passive vent with the mesh for intake,Thats all I use,one vent in a 2.4x 1.2 tent.when you go in the tent,get inside and zip up straightaway.Try not to keep it open for long periods.
    If using a fan for intake ( when the weather gets warmer) get a pair of your ladies tights and use those to create a filter.
    Just keep checking if you could see them flying then they wont be anything really bad.Its the critters you cant see with the naked eye thats the worst.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Bong_Lord (04-05-16)

Thanks

Update time

Res changed today. Was sitting at 24 degrees before I changed it . Ec now at 0.9 but I'm in like week 6/7 of veg now. A nice 18 degrees once changed but that won't last long.

Good and bad news.
    The good is that the bug problem was a fluke by the looks of it no signs of them on flypaper or the plants.

Bad news is I broke one while tucking the big girl I snapped quite a main stem. It's not fully come off but there is a visual split in the stem. Hopefully it will heal but we shall see.

Both girls are being tucked and starting to fill the screen out nicely. Do you think it's time to top again?

Screens abit wonky lol. I'll straigthen it up with some cable later in the week.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (10-05-16)

Thanks

Looking great in there.

The stem should heal if supported.I use pipe cleaners to take the weight holding it where it should be.
    Youll find that this break could reward you well as technically youve supercropped her.
    Top again yes,top away my dear.
    Maybe a week to recover and flip,what you think ?
    Last edited by Bethmeg; 10-05-16 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks

Sounds perfect. The sooner the better for flipping now haha it's dragged on abit this veg stage. Clones next time me thinks :-).

Will strap her up and take the weight off and top all the nice new bud sites. Plenty to go at today! Oh yeah I forgot to mention I put the 600 onto 18/6 just so it's not on I'm the middle off the day. A small effort to try and reduce heat. The actual ambient temps in my loft now are crazy. I was sweating my tits off changing the res, came back downstairs and it felt like it dropped about 10 degrees. Might consider an ac unit because max temps on the hygro was 32. Will have to be after payday though :-)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (10-05-16)

Thanks

Things going tickity boo.

I hear you with the temps dear
    My loft is the same,gets the sun all day.
    I come downstairs and Im like "ooo put the heating on lol "
    Im currently drying my harvest Last 2 days was so hot and dry,today its nice and cool but the humidity is too high

Hopefully we'll get through as its only gonna get worse,aircon will work but is noisy and expensive to run

Thanks

Everything ok dear ?

Are we ready for flippity flop ?

Thanks

Hey, sorry for the lack of updates recently. Flip is going ahead on Wednesday I topped again last Wednesday. Doing the last veg res change tomorrow morning.

Screen is filling out nicely will update with pics when I change the res

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (16-05-16)

Thanks

Right had a good chance to sort the ladies out today.
    Reinforced the screen with garden wire, sitting much straighter now . Tucked and adjusted the girls and trimmed abit of undergrowth that wasn't getting any light. Res changed and the smaller tank has been filled abit more now because it was nearly gone when I came to empty it . Flipping tomorrow finally 😁😁 hopefully the long veg will pay off cus there looking like mighty bushes now.

How long after flipping should I continue to tuck for?

Congrats on your grow Beth that's a fantastic haul btw 😁

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-05-16)

Thanks

Thank you my dear I earned every bit of it with the hours I put in lol

Whoop whoop to the flip.
    Easiest mentoring job ever this.
    Girks are looking great
    Is everything running smoothly res wise ?.Just be careful letting the res run low as this can cause a rising ec sometimes.
    What ec and ph are we at ?

Now the tucking,all depends on the stretch really.
    Have a read about the strain,arevthey big stretchers?Do they stretch for 2 or 3 weeks?.
    Only you can judge really as you're seeing them day to day.

My suggestion would be to train towards the back till that bit of screen is full then let them go.
    You can always tie down any dominant buds to the screen at a later stage if need be.

Thanks

whoop whoop more nft people, and great mentor beth i just ran bulks they stretch for about 16 days but i used rox to stunt it, but im pulling up a chair for this sweet....

32. The Following User Says Thank You to BudRasta For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (19-05-16)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast