Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bong lords 1st diary mentored by beth

Thanks

Yeah I think everything's okay res wise. Ph 5.8 and ec is 0.9. Gonna deffo use veg nutes on the next res change but the one after I may swap to flower nutes. Flipped yesterday as I didn't get chance on Wednesday. And I'm trying to persuade the ladies to head towards the back of the screen. I realised this is where a certain cookie kush should have been

Thanks for checking in Rasta bro. Beth I was following budrasta's last grow cus it was a very similar one to this. Asked him about the tucking after flip and he sorted me right out . What's that rox stuff? Ive heard quite a few ppl here mention it. Might be worth investing in a bottle.

On a side note filling the humidifier up every day is a ball ache to say the least. How long do I need to maintain humidity at 60% for?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-05-16), BudRasta (20-05-16), Loki (20-05-16), M_C (27-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Hey Bong_Lord, Looking very nice in there mate.

As for the RH, you'll want to keep it around 55% during flower, but you will need to do some testing out as it will raise naturally during flower as buds start to form. Lights off will also raise it a bit. If your RH meter has a High/Low setting, make sure to check that for readings during lights off.

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-05-16)

Thanks

Hey Loki thanks for dropping by mate. I shall keep a keen eye on my hygrometer in the next few days/ weeks then. The humidifier will turn itself off if it's too humid so it's kinda good I don't have to worry about that.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Nice one Budrasta and Loki

Regarding the ROX

Iv never used it,but I too was impressed with the growth some folk were showing on here.
    So I asked my favourite hydro guy about it.
    He knows his stuff.Hes a grower and a stoner.

He said

"Yeah itll make your buds rock hard,you could put car windows through with them
    But it makes your bud taste like shit and give you a massive headache.

I didnt buy it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Bong_Lord (21-05-16)

Thanks

Ouch! if that's the case no thanks, Its not worth the sacrifice. Maybe if it's only used to control stretch and not the whole flower period, it wouldn't have such a drastic effect on the bud?

Thanks

Do you need to control the stretch ?

Do you have plenty of headroom ?

Thanks

Yeah you got me there, height is no issue. ill save myself a few quid then

Went up today during lights off and the hygro was reading a max RH of 79%. Do you think i should go from a humidifier to a de-humidifier now lol?
    Starting to creep towards the back abit more now aswell.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-05-16)

Thanks

Are you running a humidifier lights off?.If so dont lol.

If you're not running one lights off then that is a tad high.
    More fans and extraction are the way to get it lower.
    As long as youve good circulation,you shouldn't need the dehumidifier so have a mess around.

Good ģood on the creeping.
    Coming along great dear

Thanks

Would it help if I were to get a 4" for intake? The humidifier only turns on if the humidity is less than 55% and will turn itself off If it goes over.

What are you planning on growing next?

Thanks

Res changed yesterday, tried setting the ph abit lower in anticipation of it drifting up. Set to 5.5 ph and when I checked today one tank went to 6.3 and the other to 6.1, so I've reset again to 5.8 and carried on tucking. Ec is now at 1.1 and I've used the last of my root stim. Do you think it's okay to stop the root stim at this point?

Its nicely shocking how much growth has come from just one light period, between tucking yesterday and this morning they've shot up loads

Few pics:

Humidity is still running abit high on lights off. However, there is a 16" fan between the screen and the light and a clip on 8" under the canopy. Any more circulation and my temps will be suffering as there at 19 lights off atm.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bong_Lord For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (07-06-16), M_C (27-05-16)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast