Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Nftnewbiexx does Knockout & Amnesia lemon in NFT. Mentored by Type M

Thanks

Smile Nftnewbiexx does Knockout & Amnesia lemon in NFT. Mentored by Type M

So guys and gals this is what i have as my setup and wandered how many plants to start off with, i have Knockout seeds, Amnesia Lemon, Cookies Kush, Mobydick, Pineapple chunck, Blue cheese, and a few others which without checking im not 100% sure on, would be really really great if i could have a mentor just to go to for help or any advice would be ace, will keep updating and will get some pics sorted really soon. So below is everything i have so if i need extras give us a shout out please x

BAY6 XXL COMPLETE KIT 2.4 x 1.4 x 2.0 meters
    2 X NFT GRO-TANK 424 (112CM X 50CM - 45 LITER CAPACITY)
    2 X 600 Watt BAY6 Euro Light System
    SHOGUN KATANA ROOTS
    SHOGUNSILICON
    HYGROZYME
    Bluelab Nutrient (cF) Truncheon
    PH DOWN
    LIQUID PH TEST KIT 4.0 - 8.5
    SHOGUN SAMURAI HYDRO GROW
    SHOGUN SAMURAI HYDRO BLOOM
    150mm (6") RVK150 A1 Extractor Fan - 428m3/hour (Matches Carbon Filter CF360)
    6inch intake fan

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16), Type M (03-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Nftnewbiexx View Post

So guys and gals this is what i have as my setup and wandered how many plants to start off with, i have Knockout seeds, Amnesia Lemon, Cookies Kush, Mobydick, Pineapple chunck, Blue cheese, and a few others which without checking im not 100% sure on, would be really really great if i could have a mentor just to go to for help or any advice would be ace, will keep updating and will get some pics sorted really soon. So below is everything i have so if i need extras give us a shout out please x

BAY6 XXL COMPLETE KIT 2.4 x 1.4 x 2.0 meters
    2 X NFT GRO-TANK 424 (112CM X 50CM - 45 LITER CAPACITY)
    2 X 600 Watt BAY6 Euro Light System
    SHOGUN KATANA ROOTS
    SHOGUNSILICON
    HYGROZYME
    Bluelab Nutrient (cF) Truncheon
    PH DOWN
    LIQUID PH TEST KIT 4.0 - 8.5
    SHOGUN SAMURAI HYDRO GROW
    SHOGUN SAMURAI HYDRO BLOOM
    150mm (6") RVK150 A1 Extractor Fan - 428m3/hour (Matches Carbon Filter CF360)
    6inch intake fan
    Hey dude. Nice setup/strains. You've got big potential here

I have grown everything from 2 - 8 plants in a tent that size. Personally - I would do no more than 2 strains & try & keep each tank dedicated to one strain.

A PH pen would be the first thing I would recommend over your paper test kit. You'll be doing a lot of PH adjusting throughout the grow & it is far easier to dip a stick than mess on with litmus etc. You can be a lot more precise with one too. You can get one for £30 0n ebay.

Your intake fan also should be smaller than your extract so that you can achieve negative pressure (vital for smell control later on) so if it's no too late, then swap it for a 5" one.

Also, you're going to need to think of your water. It's best to stand tap water for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate - so some sort of water butt is a good idea. I'd say 100 litres for your setup. I also use another one which is solely for mixing up feeds. Makes life a lot easier, trust me.

Assuming you have your rockwool already?

Other than that you look set.

I'll happily help you along if you want. I'm on my 8th NFT grow at the moment

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-04-16), Murdock (05-04-16), Nftnewbiexx (03-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16)

Thanks

Your a star Gooba, well gonna get the seeds into place tomorrow is it best to start them in the rockwell cubes or to start in dark area with tissue until they sprout?? thanks Emma

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Oxy (05-04-16), Type M (04-04-16)

Thanks

Your a star Gooba, well gonna get the seeds into place tomorrow is it best to start them in the rockwell cubes or to start in dark area with tissue until they sprout?? thanks Emma
    Probably best to start them on a wet paper towel. Get yourself a plastic tub with a lid & lay the seeds on the wet towel. Pop the lid on & keep them in a warm spot for the next 24-48 hours. 18-22 degrees C is ideal.

Once they pop you can pre-soak the 1" starter cubes in tepid/mineral water for 15 seconds to condition them. Be very gentle & place the seed into the hole with the root pointing down & cover the hole with a small piece of dry/fluffy rockwool. Then keep the cubes moist (not soaked) & wait for them to surface. You should see them appear in the next few days.

A couple of questions:

Which strain(s) have you chosen?

Do you have access to a smaller or less powerful light than your 600w's, Like a CFL?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (04-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16)

Thanks

Nice set up mate. As Gooba said, get ph meter. Essential one is not expensive and good one. I also recommend no more than6 - 8 plants for this size. I'm just doing my first nft and am very happy of results. It's a lot to learn about hydro but it's worth it. Good luck

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cropek For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (04-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16), Type M (04-04-16)

Thanks

Thanks for all the help Gooba, i have ordered a ph pen and T5 Propagation Grow Light 2-Tube is this any good or should i invest in a different light to start off with ?? x

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cheers Cropek hope i get it on track lol, not going to do many plants probably 6 see how it goes , good luck with yours also, keep us updated as will i x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Oxy (05-04-16)

Thanks

Thanks for all the help Gooba, i have ordered a ph pen and T5 Propagation Grow Light 2-Tube is this any good or should i invest in a different light to start off with ?? x
    No, that's ideal for starters

Any ideas on strain yet? I'd recommend pineapple chunk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (04-04-16), Nftnewbiexx (04-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16)

Thanks

Yeah gonna do pineapple chunk and amnesia lemon i thing Gooba the 600hps i have are duel spectrum for veg and flower apparently but still gonna get some tubes i think x

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah gonna do pineapple chunk and amnesia lemon i thing Gooba the 600hps i have are duel spectrum for veg and flower apparently but still gonna get some tubes i think x
    Awesome

Do you know which breeder the amnesia is by? I always like to know as much about the strain as possible. Sites like seedfinder & leafly usually give you some useful info. If it's the barneys one, you're laughing as they have similar stats to the pineapple,.

Good stuff on the duel spec. I also use those

Also, is this your first grow?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (04-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16)

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast