Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Nftnewbiexx does Knockout & Amnesia lemon in NFT. Mentored by Type M

Thanks

Yeah dude they are by Barneys from Gorilla seeds, i have done this about 10years ago so would be classed as newbie now lol, i dont actually smoke it my partner does but he hasnt a clue so i am doing it for him and show him that homegrown is so much better than the shit he gets off the street hahahaha, so i need to get this perfect and prove to him a girl can do it just as well lol x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Oxy (05-04-16), Type M (05-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

Congrats with taking the plunge in NFT. With Gooba holding your hand through the grow you wont go wrong. The most i'd run in the 424's is 2 plants in each. But thats me. Mon the NFT great systems love the 424's. Happy days. I'll try and show the sheep. Atb

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (05-04-16), Type M (05-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
    Congrats with taking the plunge in NFT. With Gooba holding your hand through the grow you wont go wrong. The most i'd run in the 424's is 2 plants in each. But thats me. Mon the NFT great systems love the 424's. Happy days. I'll try and show the sheep. Atb
    Cheers mate. I appreciate the vote of confidence. I'll make sure she smashes it

@Emma... Oxy is also an NFT grower & he uses the same size tank as yours. If he recommends 2 per tank I'd definitely consider that over your planned 3. Less is definitely more.

The growth rate is amazing when dialled right, so it won't take long to fill your space

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (05-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nftnewbiexx View Post
    Yeah dude they are by Barneys from Gorilla seeds, i have done this about 10years ago so would be classed as newbie now lol, i dont actually smoke it my partner does but he hasnt a clue so i am doing it for him and show him that homegrown is so much better than the shit he gets off the street hahahaha, so i need to get this perfect and prove to him a girl can do it just as well lol x

You're definitely a keeper haha! What a lucky man you have. You're going to smash it. He'll be for sure

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (05-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gooba View Post
    Hey dude. Nice setup/strains. You've got big potential here

I have grown everything from 2 - 8 plants in a tent that size. Personally - I would do no more than 2 strains & try & keep each tank dedicated to one strain.

A PH pen would be the first thing I would recommend over your paper test kit. You'll be doing a lot of PH adjusting throughout the grow & it is far easier to dip a stick than mess on with litmus etc. You can be a lot more precise with one too. You can get one for £30 0n ebay.

Your intake fan also should be smaller than your extract so that you can achieve negative pressure (vital for smell control later on) so if it's no too late, then swap it for a 5" one.

Also, you're going to need to think of your water. It's best to stand tap water for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate - so some sort of water butt is a good idea. I'd say 100 litres for your setup. I also use another one which is solely for mixing up feeds. Makes life a lot easier, trust me.

Assuming you have your rockwool already?

Other than that you look set.

I'll happily help you along if you want. I'm on my 8th NFT grow at the moment
    good advice right there

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (05-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16), Type M (05-04-16)

Thanks

Thanks so much Oxy, Gooba is a saint hes been so helpful already as have a few others, its an amazing site and i have already learnt so much, i have ordered the 300watt cfl and have put some seeds on today so will keep you all posted of the progress. x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Oxy (05-04-16)

Thanks

Well we will see if i pull it off lol, but thank you really for all your help and advice and making me feel welcome x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nftnewbiexx For This Useful Post:

Oxy (05-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

be prepared to keep on top of your rez temps though, if your room is around 25 then you,ll need to try keep your rez temps around 18-19 degrees for best dissolved oxygen , anything over 21 and your chances of pythium (root rot) multiply, the guys will see you right but keep a few frozen bottles of water handy, just a wee tip

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Murdock For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (06-04-16), Oxy (05-04-16), Type M (06-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

Default Nft 424 tanks any help or advice greatly appreciated

Whoop whoop!! Frozen 500 ml oaisis drink bottles. Fit well in the freezer well do mine. 4 bottles per res every 12 hours through the summer works well for me, and running lights through the night helps with temps.

As for the T5 two strip light love them that's what i start off my seedlings under. I have done an NFT set up thread. Please check it out. Sorry i'm on crappachat canny link you to it. Just look for the NFT section. There is some great threads there make good reading. And do your self a favour get some kingspan insulation boards to replace the correx crappy tray lid. 30 ml will be great. Atb. Looks like NFT is making a come back. Happy days. When its all dialled in you just sit back. Just check on the water every day. Its always handy to keep a bucket of tap water standing just in case ec rises n shit. You are going to love this system. Its the bollocks.
    Take care

Feel free to het your ass in my diary for a look. If you want like innit. Cheers mrs
    Last edited by Oxy; 05-04-16 at 10:09 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (06-04-16), Type M (06-04-16)

Thanks

Might be worth dry running the tent for 24 hours before anything goes in. Just so you get an idea of the temperatures/relative humidity you're working with.

Where will it be located? Ie loft, garage etc

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Nftnewbiexx (06-04-16), Oxy (06-04-16)

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast