Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbits Unusual Edibles

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    A little up date on the coffee. Apart from needing to refine the de hulling process and finding a way to polish the beans all went well and coffee tastes great.
    Have you thought of eating them like the Wild Civet, then sifting through your shit for the beans.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (16-07-17), GEORGE (27-06-17), Sadface (20-03-18), Twisted (07-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Home grown coffee.... Bliss
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-17), Sadface (20-03-18), Trex (13-07-17), Twisted (07-06-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

That is awesome home grown coffee I would love to be able to grow some my whole back garden would be full lol I don't know what I was expecting it to look but in my mind it didn't look like that on the tree lol

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Have you thought of eating them like the Wild Civet, then sifting through your shit for the beans.
    Haha Aspie it was suggested t o me by a friend, probs be easier to process but while im ok pissing on my plants, washing shit of my coffee doesn't do it for me lol.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

Oi oi Blue couple of pics here of what i was trying to describe to you. Better to have less plant than more with tomatoes. (with the exception of cherries, tom thumbs etc) I run mine with tworuns that gives me excellent air flow and really nice evenly staggered trusses. Good airflow is important mate as they are prone to fungal problems and makes it harder for pests to hide. In the ground I plant them no more than 500mm apart. I keep the first growing tip under the first truss for my second run. If you have more runs always keep from the first axis below a truss. When they get over my head I top em out that gives me around ten trusses per plant. Another reason I only run two lines is this,To give you an idea mate I have two Romas here with an average of 6 fruits per truss x ten trusses thats plenty of fruit for one plant to handle and get nice even sized fruits. and the other variety is a small fruit bit bigger than a golf ball perfect for jarring. Im getting an average of 9 fruits per truss x 10 trusses. This particular variety in spring produces no less than 13 and up to 22 fruits per truss. Thats alot of fruits man. Running more than 2 lines or having more than 1 plant per pot is gunna tke some serious work and feed. They hungry and thirsty buggers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomatoes 2017 winter #.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	347207   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomatoes 2017 winter ..jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	347208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tomatoes 2017 winter.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	347209   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fly 2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	347210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fly.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	347211  

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Blue (15-06-17), GEORGE (27-06-17), Sadface (20-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Nice pics Hobbit and some good info there thanks mate. A couple of last years beefsteak toms suffered from rot big ol girls they were which as you say above could have done with good airflow

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-17), Trex (13-07-17)

Hobbit Guest

yeah airflow is paramount mate. I noticed I said no more than 500mm apart. I meant no closer than 500mm. Lack of Cal is also a big cause of rot. Good luk brother.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-17)

Hobbit Guest

A few pics of my winter tomatoes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	winter tomato 2017 @.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	348403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	winter tomato 2017.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	348404  

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Sadface (20-03-18), Trex (14-07-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,397 Times

Hi Hobbit, I'm probably a bit late for this suggestion but my gran used to swear by growing garlic, aniseed and fennel to keep certain pests away.
    "Senno Ecto Gammat "

"Yo Momma so fat, When she fell down the stairs, I thought EastEnders had finished."

Thankyou Ganjaholic for the graphic signature.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clarice_Starling For This Useful Post:

Trex (14-07-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clarice_Starling View Post
    Hi Hobbit, I'm probably a bit late for this suggestion but my gran used to swear by growing garlic, aniseed and fennel to keep certain pests away.
    Cheers for that Clarice, your gran would be right, garlic any thing in the Allium family seems to keep pests away. Ive never grown Aniseed or fennel but ive no doubt they might as well. There is alot going on in companion planting regards the microbe relationships below the soil as well. I try not to plant to many rows of things in the garden, I prefer to let things self sow and then let selected ones grow, seems to work better than a row of this and a row of that.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Clarice_Starling (16-07-17), Trex (14-07-17)

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast