Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bricking it. Should I be? :(

Thanks

Default Bricking it. Should I be? :(

Hi, new member here obviously, been quite wary about signing up to forums like this. But I've read about vpns so I figured I'd set one up to post some stuff. Have a 24k Gold seed lined up for a small percy grow very soon which I will share with you.

But I don't know if I'm gonna get that far as the fan might be about to meet the shit .

So I've been living in a rental, going on 8 years now with the mrs and kid, I've grew cannabis in my built in wardrobe in the bedroom for the last, about 6 of those years.
    It's a very ghetto set up 250 watt light, small oscillating fan and duct tape all around the cracks of the doors on the inside to keep light in. I grow just one plant at a time usually get 2/3 oz and grow about twice a year. So basically there has been quite a bit of weed in that area over the years.

All has been fine so far, my landlord never contacts us unless we need him, and I could count on one hand the amount of times he's been at the house in 8 years. The rental company also don't bother us at all and come out , do a yearly inspection, which is not thorough at all, and leave us to it.

But a few days ago got a text from landlord saying he is getting the house Valued and it's happening in a few days, the company doing the valuation is a different rental company and is more of an upmarket rental company who have a reputation for higher end houses, and reguraly checking up on the tenants. Makes no sense as this is a council house dump, but the real issue is this;

over the years he has not done any sort of decorative work to the house there is A LOT of wear and tear and the worrying part is the ware and tare I've noticed in the walk in wardrobe I've been using, it's all cracked (I assume from moisture) up the corners of the wall right the way up and has came through to the other side of the wall and cracked the paint on the doorframe of the joining bedroom.

I've done my best to put as much junk in the closet as possible to hide it but they're gonna see the cracked and chipped paint of the doorframe on the other side if theyre looking for it. If they see it and start probing and want to look closely at the drobe on the inside they will see the damage and I have even repaired the damage at one stage with polyfiller and it has all cracked again because of further grows in the area.

end of the day I've no grow on atm, and no weed in the house as ive commited to a t break of a few months, but am Iscrewed here or not do reckon?

YOu reckon they will see it and assume its moisture damage from a cannabis grow op and inform the landlord who will then maybe evict us ? we've been perfect tenants otherwise haven't missed rent the entire time, I know I shouldn't have let it get like this but I never thought about the consequences figured I could always patch things up if I was ever gona leave, did not think about the possibilities of this happening.

So, its not just a rental inspection a valuation is a proper go over the house with a fine tooth comb type thing, is that right?

Theres damage all over the house not just that, but i'm worried ...

sorry for venthere but i'm really nervous.. should I be?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stonedpirate For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (20-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Hello mate having been in the building trade for many years and dealt with endless surveyors, local authority building inspectors and the like, there is absolutely no way cracks in plaster could be associated with the production of weed or any other hobby you want to use your walkin wardrobe for.
    If there is no physical evidence of growing you have nothing to worry about...They will just put any cracks down to natural building movement, expansion and contraction etc...Most surveyors are lazy buggers anyway and doubt they will even do a proper inclusive survey...However what i would be worry about is if hes doing a valuation survey he could be putting the property on the market which would leave you looking for new accommodation...

Regards BL

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

British green (20-04-16), ERBURT (21-04-16), ggotch (20-04-16), M_C (20-04-16), Northern (23-04-16), stonedpirate (20-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

I agree with bud, you know what the damage is from a outside set of eyes won't know.

My whole family saw my grow fridge when they helped me move my car stunk of the stuff when I transported and alot of them even had a look at the plants. None if them suspected because I've been giving them plants like garlic and strawberries pretending that's what I grow there.

I fell from a strut in the old house loft and left a crack in the ceiling they just said it was plaster from shifting as it's a new build.

They didn't even check the loft. But there is a leak up there so can blag anything really.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

stonedpirate (20-04-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I've also been in the building game for years and totally agree with bud . Nothing to worry about other than the fact that you're house could be being sold soon or your landlord could just be having his property portfolio revalued . Remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask . Ring him up and ask him why ?

sent from mission control

8. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

stonedpirate (20-04-16)

Thanks

Thanks for the reassurance fellas, and coming from a couple of guys in the building trade makes me feel a lot better.

House is in a bad way though, problems with the seal around the bath constantly breaking so water has got down in to the kitchen ceiling causing big cracks. Had a pull up bar on one of the door frames upstairs cracked the frame and ceiling to, then theres the cracks from my grows. The whole house is manky as fuck, buliders came in and installed gas few years ago left the livingroom wallpaper ripped , the house is in dire dire need of redecoration (which I don't think I should have to do) and the cracks need to be looked at to, so I would assume so even if I don't get accused of growing I can imagine he might want us out anyway to do the place up. once he finds out what state the place really is in.

My mrs did text him and he said nothing to worry about he's not selling up but my guess is he's lying or he's looking more money for it in rent, which it absolutely is not worth and I refuse to pay any more. ANd new tenants won't touch this place with at least a few grand in renovations done.

I don't mind moving, we need somewhere newer, but if he wants to start fixing the place while we're here it'll mean I can't get this grow done. which will be a pain in the ass and i'll need to start paying for it again.

But thanks for reassuring me about the main issue. With any luck they will just come in and have a quick duke around and i'll be left alone to get this kosher tangie grown

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

I'd say your fine bro

Up the irons

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

stonedpirate (20-04-16)

Thanks

It's not the landlords duty to decorate but your duty to leave as you found .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (20-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    It's not the landlords duty to decorate but your duty to leave as you found .

Well, that's a bit of a grey area I think after so many years. I thought there was a "reasonable wear and tear " factor, which after the best part of a decade and building work carried out is quite a lot.

See, it would cost far more than my deposit to decorate the place. For one I pay well above the market value for the house, the kitchen is circa 1980 whereas people paying similar amounts to me are living in houses with new kitchens.

When I moved in I was young and naïve and just wanted shacked up with the bird asap, so at the time I didn't think to much into the fact that the house was basically drenched in magnolia and matt white in every single room with a housing executive style kitchen from the 80's. As basic as it comes and actually housing exec houses these days are far better standard than this place .
    As time has went by though and the place has got more and more run down We occasionally glance at property pal and the houses on offer are miles and I mean millions of miles better decorated and kitted out than this dump. But money has always been tight and we have never got round to saving for a deposit and removal van.

Basically I don't feel I should pay my own money to décor the place , can't afford to for a start and for the money iv'e paid him over the years I just think it's wrong. Plus, if I actually did save upa few grand and get a decorater in, what's stopping him getting pound signs in his eyes and jacking up the rent toboot. can't be doing with that. Just going to have to move out and accept that the deposit is not coming back.

but theres no way I can be expected to leave the place "as was " after this many years

Thanks

Reasonable wear and tear is correct and like you say a grey area .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

I've a few places rented out bro, I ethier pay for the paint or do it myself for the tenants every two years or so. I don't know if it's a law or anything I do it just to protect my investment though going by what other landlords have told me I've a fair idea British green is on the money

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

British green (20-04-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast