Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: lemon stinky 1st grow

Thanks

Default lemon stinky 1st grow

A bit of background: first started growing about 10 years ago, always from cuttings, had a fair bit of success with big bud, northern lights and an orange bud- i have posted pics in the gallery under past glory. Well due to the recent fashion for contaminating weed (and a bit of pressure from bubbs "this weed is shit", ive been forced out of retirement

Anyway spotted this site, grabbed the bull by the horns and ordered some lemon stinky seeds and got busy setting up the growroom which is a small built in wardrobe. I lined it with black/white and have got flourescent fittings (borrowed from work!) in there for the veg period 7*18 watt tubes. I will be moving upto to either 400w son or 200w cfl for the flowering period, i need to take counsel on that one, as im worried about the heat off a 400W

I started the seeds off in soil to start with (total seed noob) i planted 5 and after 3 days, 1 seed had germinated and then after 2 weeks later another made an appearance. I have also started 3 off in jiffy pellets and 2 on tissue; nothing from the pellets yet they've been in there week now. Of the tissue seeds one of them looked like the husk had popped but nothing came outand bubbs may of squashed the other poking it clumsy fool....lol, im gonna take some piccies soon
    Gotta roll one first im getting writers cramp lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bigballs For This Useful Post:

LBN (27-05-13)

Thanks

Cool

Cool, good luck with your grow mate, im looking forward to watching this one.

The seeds are a pain when it comes to planting them doing the paper towel method. I've had seeds ping out of my fingers before and shoot across the room.

Thanks

Good choice of seed dude, how big is the walk-in wardrobe? and have you thought about a 250w HPS?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WTL View Post
    Good choice of seed dude, how big is the walk-in wardrobe? and have you thought about a 250w HPS?
    Reading my Mind WTL ....

I think i'd go with either 2 x 200w enviros or a single 250w HPS, we all know the HPS is the better option but if heat or extraction is an issue the enviro's would be a very suitable alternative.

the seeds in the paper towels, were they in a lidded plasic container or just on a saucer/plate ?? .... i use a few small tupperware container's as it helps to keep the moisture in & humidity up while the seeds germ and haven't had one fail to germ yet ....

did the paper towels dry out at all ??.

Also, i use the cap off of a BIC type biro to "plant"/ handle the seeds as they are very delicate & that saves any possibility of damaging the young tap root ... it works for me as i have big fat sausage fingers !

Thanks

its a small room 600 by 1000 by 1830mm high, only thinking of 400w cause i've got one lying about, but really think its gonna be too big

Thanks

I'd say a 400w hps was too much in a room that size personally, the heat those things generate would be a real concern .... 250w would be perfect ...

Unless of course you invested in a coolshade & a decent sized RUCK/RVK fan n filter ... you might get away with a 100mm but a 150mm would be better but be warned those those can be noisy & they're not the smallest fans in the world !!

Thanks

thanx for the advice, think enviros may be the way to go

Thanks

I use Enviro's mate, I've got 1 x 200w & 2 x 125w and get about 3oz per grow so they do the job just not as well yeild wise as with a HPS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WTL View Post
    I use Enviro's mate, I've got 1 x 200w & 2 x 125w and get about 3oz per grow so they do the job just not as well yeild wise as with a HPS
    how big is your room?

Thanks

ok as promised piccies of 1 week old lemon stinky babies

the tall one was well floppy for the first 5 days but its standing up ok now
    the smaller one is about 5 days younger than the tall one, slower to germ
    Last edited by lkdj2003; 21-10-07 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Cleared [IMG] tags.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast