Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Edd77 View Post
    Will do pal.......
    So chewy you got 18 shyringes full of oil off 1oz of green? How long would that last and how much doseage would you take per day?.
    Sorry mate, I missed this....

For cancer you will need to consume 1g per day, building up slowly. I guess in some cases more may be required...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Edd77 (25-04-16), onion ring (25-04-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chewey View Post
    Sorry mate, I missed this....

For cancer you will need to consume 1g per day, building up slowly. I guess in some cases more may be required...
    hi mate sorry for the questions but my mum has bad joints/bones also her stomach would swell when eating anythin would she need to take less than the 1g per day? how long would u continue to take it too

Thanks chewey

4. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Absolutely stonking Chewey... Brilliant stuff mate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Mr Legend Guest

Excellent guide Chew, we have the same teacher...

There's couple of new improvements that I'd recommend on winterization process, it will yield more oil and keep the chlorophyll out...

Most people out there do the QWET or Quick Wash Ethanol method which yields about 3-4 grams of oil per ounce or around 13% to 14% extraction yield. The total cannabinoid content of an ounce is about 5-5.5 grams of oil, anything above that is just chlorophyll and plant waxes...

The "SCET" method or Slow Cold Ethanol will output maximum cannabinoid content while keeping the chlorophyll and plant waxes locked away in a frozen state. Extraction yield will be 17% to 19% while your oil should look more translucent like maple syrup...

This is new type of "winterization process" or filtering while cold!

Set the freezer at the lowest temperature. Stick all your ethanol and product in the freezer for at least 12 hours. Once your ethanol reaches the coldest temperature your freezer can provide you are done, its not going to get colder by waiting any longer but you do want your product to freeze so 12 hours should be fine...

Mix your product with your ethanol in a jar with a lid and give it a good shake, put back in the freezer for 12 hours. After 12 hours shake again and put back in the freezer for another 12 hours, shake one last time and strain to get the big stuff out...

Strain through a coffee filter, for high amounts you want to do it through several filters at the same time to avoid warming up your ethanol. At those extremely low temperatures things will get stuck in the filter which would be liquid at room temperature...

After just evaporate the ethanol as per Chew's instructions...
    Last edited by M_C; 26-04-16 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Ops request

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr Legend For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (26-04-16), Dazmandaz (29-07-16), mickeysplif (04-05-16), M_C (13-09-16), Rubbered (26-04-16), Zolabud (07-04-17)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter McPherson View Post
    Excellent guide Chew, we have the same teacher...

There's couple of new improvements that I'd recommend on winterization process, it will yield more oil and keep the chlorophyll out...

Most people out there do the QWET or Quick Wash Ethanol method which yields about 3-4 grams of oil per ounce or around 13% to 14% extraction yield. The total cannabinoid content of an ounce is about 5-5.5 grams of oil, anything above that is just chlorophyll and plant waxes...

The "SCET" method or Slow Cold Ethanol will output maximum cannabinoid content while keeping the chlorophyll and plant waxes locked away in a frozen state. Extraction yield will be 17% to 19% while your oil should look more translucent like maple syrup...

This is new type of "winterization process" or filtering while cold!

Set the freezer at the lowest temperature. Stick all your ethanol and product in the freezer for at least 12 hours. Once your ethanol reaches the coldest temperature your freezer can provide you are done, its not going to get colder by waiting any longer but you do want your product to freeze so 12 hours should be fine...

Mix your product with your ethanol in a jar with a lid and give it a good shake, put back in the freezer for 12 hours. After 12 hours shake again and put back in the freezer for another 12 hours, shake one last time and strain to get the big stuff out...

Strain through a coffee filter, for high amounts you want to do it through several filters at the same time to avoid warming up your ethanol. At those extremely low temperatures things will get stuck in the filter which would be liquid at room temperature...

After just evaporate the ethanol as per Chew's instructions...
    Hi Dexter,

I assume you're referring to Cajun? The man is a fountain of knowledge and a total legend

Thanks for sharing this mate. This is exactly what i was hoping to get from this thread. Others like yourself adding their tips and tricks to produce a better end product.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (26-04-16), Dazmandaz (29-07-16), Edd77 (26-04-16)

Chew Guest

Quote Originally Posted by onion ring View Post
    hi mate sorry for the questions but my mum has bad joints/bones also her stomach would swell when eating anythin would she need to take less than the 1g per day? how long would u continue to take it too

Thanks chewey
    Ask as many as you like mate. I may not be able to answer them all as I still have my L plates

It's sounds like she would benefit from an oil with a good amount of CBD, that will help with pain and inflammation. I think a 1:1 ratio would be good, CBD aways works better when in the presents of THC imo. As for her dose, thats something you would need to work out between you and your Mum. If you're new to CO then you start off on a very low dose like 100mg per day between 3x doses and build up slowly until she finds the sweet spot that works for her. You can take CO in ways that she will not get any euphoria like tacking to the gum or suppositories. The only problem with tacking is, whilst it's quick and easy to do, the bioavailability is poor and really, it's a waste of valuable meds so if she does't want to get baked, suppositories made using the Bio Bomb method would be good for her.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (26-04-16), Edd77 (26-04-16), onion ring (26-04-16)

Thanks

thanks very much mate yeah she smokes but only ciggys she has tried a puff afew times but only under influence of alcohol she aint like me wanting to wake and joint first thing so i remain half asleep during the day. i think small spot might do but judging by the time it could well be ready in an round her birthday so its double dose lol
    when u say cbd i thought cannabis was purely thc im learning quickly on here tbh but i wouldnt have a clue of what plant or strain would give more cbd

14. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

thanks very much mate yeah she smokes but only ciggys she has tried a puff afew times but only under influence of alcohol she aint like me wanting to wake and joint first thing so i remain half asleep during the day. i think small spot might do but judging by the time it could well be ready in an round her birthday so its double dose lol
    when u say cbd i thought cannabis was purely thc im learning quickly on here tbh but i wouldnt have a clue of what plant or strain would give more cbd
    Most cannabis out there is high THC and more less zero in CBD. The breeders have done this for recreational use. The good news is, CBD is back and there are plenty of good strains out there. Take a look at CBD crew, they're not the only ones but I have grown their CBD Critical Mass and it's an awesome strain for medical use. I'm also growing their "Therapy" as we speak

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

onion ring (26-04-16), Zolabud (07-04-17)

Thanks

top man chewey your a wealth of info indeed this site is appreachiate it big time bud im gonna look into the seed banks an breeders more closely also gonna have a quick hunt on the cbd strains u have done
    if its l plates ure on jesus im in for some late night reading mate u know your stuff

18. The Following User Says Thank You to onion ring For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

top man chewey your a wealth of info indeed this site is appreachiate it big time bud im gonna look into the seed banks an breeders more closely also gonna have a quick hunt on the cbd strains u have done
    if its l plates ure on jesus im in for some late night reading mate u know your stuff
    Thanks mate but really, i know nothing compared to some. My best mate was diagnosed with cancer around a year ago. I didn't know where to start, there's lot of conflicting info out there. Since then, i read about cancer and cannabis daily. I also get drip fed information and once i understand it, i share it here. Cancer and other serious illnesses affects so many of us now days i feels its vital for everyone to share their knowledge no matter how small it may be. I now make sure i always have enough bud spare, to make enough oil in case the shit hits the fan

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (29-07-16), onion ring (26-04-16), Valentina (10-08-17)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast