Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tamping Weed Gone To Shit :(

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

can we see pic's of the bud broken open..
    the mould might be inside the bud harder to spot at first..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post:

wales2015 (05-05-16)

Thanks

Just my 2 cents here but could it just be the jar themselves? Maybe contaminated by something? As your buds where fine prior the jar...

Squale.

" We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are! "
    " I am a dreamer that die by light of day..."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squale For This Useful Post:

MrG (12-05-16), wales2015 (05-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Personally when my bud hits the jar they get that hay smell for a few days and then as I burp and get the humidity down the smell comes back then as weeks go by it just gets stronger and stronger.

After my cure I take the humidity down to around 55% and that's where I prefer my pot for smoking.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

wales2015 (05-05-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy roken View Post
    can we see pic's of the bud broken open..
    the mould might be inside the bud harder to spot at first..
    I have broken loads up in the grinder and no sign of mold, Seems to be mellowing abit now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Squale View Post
    Just my 2 cents here but could it just be the jar themselves? Maybe contaminated by something? As your buds where fine prior the jar...

Squale.

" We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are! "
    Hi,

The jars were brand new kilner jars never been used before.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ValverToker View Post
    Personally when my bud hits the jar they get that hay smell for a few days and then as I burp and get the humidity down the smell comes back then as weeks go by it just gets stronger and stronger.

After my cure I take the humidity down to around 55% and that's where I prefer my pot for smoking.

I think my tea smell maybe ur hay smell pmsl

Today i have put my nose in the sativa jar seems to be leveling out and smell the faintest of mango smell, I think i need to burp the jars more as i am convinced the awful smell was due to gases not being released and just building up, Had couple of joints today seems to be getting better slowly,

The jars are between 62-64% RH, How often now should i burp the jars?? I am concerned as soon as i take lid off RH raises in the jars to around about 66-67% RH, There is a lot of conflicting information on burping, I suppose a lot would have to do with the humidity of the room ur opening the jar aswell??

55% Does the curing process all but stops at this point? Would i be safe slowly lowering to this RH in terms of the smell still continueing to get better.

what sort of humidity is best to bring out the smell quicker, I always read its best to keep things between 60-65% Maybe i am the one holding my weed back from curing

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

I cure at around 60% no lower. I believe its slightly lower than 55% for the curing to stop but not by much. That's just when its the right moisture for how I like it to smoke. Still grinds nicely but not into dust.

As to how often of burp them at that stage. Probably daily but I couldn't say with certainty as its a smell/look/feel kind of thing. I'll add that I'd stop burping daily at around 60% and then probably go every 2-3 days. But again its all on how it looks and smells and feels to me.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times

Boveda says that cannabis Growers that prefer the terpene smell use the 54% humidity packs. The Growers that like to cure it completely more like tobacco use the 62% humidity packs.

I'm thinking 54% humidity might be the best for maintaining the terpenes and the 62% humidity allows the trichomes to fully mature.
    Last edited by Jingo; 05-05-16 at 10:39 PM.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Bud4meds (07-05-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

I notice that you have still left your buds on some chunky looking storks dude. I make sure all stork is gone before jarring up & I'm more than happy with how mine cures. You've definitely done it right till now by the sounds of it.

Might be worth removing the rest of it next time you burp the jars?

One thing I also noticed from experience is that the buds stay fresher & the cure is better if the jars are stored in a nice dark cool/cold place. Like a cold shed or garage. I've kept them in a shed during winter when the temps was 2 degrees outside & they were fine.

Good luck

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

wales2015 (18-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,612 Times

Wouldnt dry packs help here like silicon and rice ones?
    1st. Paradise - Opium -Complete-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3