Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jingo's butter, oil and Coco cap thread

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times

Default Jingo's butter, oil and Coco cap thread

Hey folks

I thought I would illustrate how I make my butter cocoa caps and RSO. Just another method to think about is you deciding which way you want to go in your medical marijuana Journey.

First a little bit about me. I have a severe autoimmune disease and lung cancer both of which are significant and disabling. My wife contracted leukemia a few years ago had a successful bone marrow transplant but unfortunately suffered brain damage in the process now has a form of dementia that is pretty tough to deal with.

So her cancer was treated to complete remission and probably she's going to be okay for that primary cancer but we're going to have to watch out for secondary cancers.

My my cancer was inoperable and it was to diffuse for radiation so I had chemo and successfully treated as to stability. Stability isn't something you like to hear about your cancer it's really something you like to hear about your teenage daughter when he's been in a terrible car accident and she's in the hospital. People with my type of cancer in my type of autoimmune disease since they're very closely related tend to relapse and 18 months with a standard deviation of 6 month. So if you make it more than about 30 months without a relapse your way way out there. I'm about I believe I'm at least 48 months out.

What I found it I just need approximately a third of a gram of RSO a day. It doesn't matter how I get it smoke it eat it vape it as long as I get about a third of a gram I'm good to go.

So I tend to do all three. When I'm really having a rough time I prefer cocoa caps as being a good way to get some heavy-duty cannabis on my system.

So for today I'm just going to get some bud dried up prepared and in the freezer to do that ever clear wash that's 95% ethyl alcohol.

First thing I did is weigh it out just to see how much I had I had 4.7 ounces of Bud. In this case it's gigabud which is known to be higher in THCV than many strains and is good for neuropathy and other nerve issues. And since I have neuropathy from my autoimmune disease and my wife has her dementia thcv is a great thing to have.

Next I removed it all from the stems waited again this time it was 4.4 ounces. This is important enough for me because I like to make my butter with one pound or ounce of cannabis. In this run is going to be a better run.

Next I put it in the oven at about 220 degrees for about a half hour the main point here is to dry it out a little bit more. This week has been stored for about 9 months with 62% over the packs.
    Last edited by Jingo; 04-06-16 at 08:19 PM.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (05-06-16), Bigdaddy 101 (04-01-21), Danb (05-10-21), Deku Nut (26-07-21), ERBURT (04-06-16), ganjch3z (31-08-20), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (04-06-16), mickeysplif (17-06-16), MikeDeezXXX (11-07-23), MrC (04-01-21), M_C (18-04-22), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (27-07-21), Skunky n funky (05-09-16), ToughCall (20-03-22), V8 (26-07-21), Valve man (04-06-16)

Thanks

So I finished heating up the material in the oven. The point wasn't to have Dcarb but instead was to make it easier to break up with my hands since I don't like to grind things or chop things. Then it goes straight into my dehydrator to be dried out bone dry and weigh it one more time before I put it in jars. The jars will go in the freezer overnight as will the Everclear. And I'll do my wash tomorrow.

I'll continue to break things up just a little bit as I put them in the jars. Seems to me I get a cleaner run this way then if I do a lot of grinding. I also like to get all the stems and seeds if there's any out since they tend to affect the flavor later on.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (05-06-16), Bigdaddy 101 (04-01-21), Deku Nut (26-07-21), ERBURT (05-06-16), ganjch3z (31-08-20), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16), ToughCall (20-03-22), Valve man (04-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Will follow this with great interest mate. Sorry to hear about your and your wife's woes. Life can be so cruel. I've lost so many people to cancer and currently have a brain tumor myself. Keep your chin up bro

Check out my diary for Agent Orange

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=142079

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (05-06-16), GEORGE (05-06-16), Jingo (04-06-16), ToughCall (20-03-22)

Thanks

So after a couple hours in the dehydrator I ended up with exactly 4 ounces of crumble. That's what I'd call it crumble and that's what I strive for is crumble. Think of a bud that gets too dry and just turns to dust and then think of a bud that's almost too dry and it crumbles.

This gave me a little over 4 cups of crumble that I divided up into 4 pint jars. Now I like to watch each other twice with 95% ethyl alcohol. So that means I need a gallon of alcohol and I'm going to go ahead and put 6/5 in the freezer overnight. The jars of weed also go into the freezer overnight.

Freezing now weed serves two purposes first it drives out any moisture that was left over from the oven drying. That's if you don't have a dehydrator like I do. The second reason is the same as when you're making bubble hash you want those trichome heads to break off quick and easy. So you keep your alcohol and your crumble cold and in the freezer in between washes.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (05-06-16), Deku Nut (26-07-21), ERBURT (05-06-16), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16), ToughCall (20-03-22)

Thanks

I probably should have mentioned at the beginning my method I like because I can walk away and leave it for a while. I don't have to stand right there over the top of it all the time. So when it comes time to cook off the alcohol I reclaim my alcohol using a water distiller modified to distill alcohol. Very safe very simple and I can walk away for 15-20 minutes at a time no issues.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16), ToughCall (20-03-22)

Thanks

Here's a link to the distiller that I have and I'll be using tomorrow.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=124765

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16), ToughCall (20-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

You look like an old prow, I have only done it once, and it tasted awful, because I didn't have this information, I might do some more later with your receipt. Sorry to here that you and your wife are having so much trouble with your cancer. I hope yall get to felling better.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), ERBURT (05-06-16), Jingo (05-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16), ToughCall (20-03-22)

Thanks

Hey Hotshot welcome aboard.

So I've had the crumbled bud and alcohol in the freezer overnight. Now the reason I like to use so much alcohol in the wash is I just believe that solvents can only carry so much oil. I also believe that is the reason why this is so much stronger then trying to use Simple butter as a solvent.

Now I've laid out a few items here that I would be using depending upon whether I'm making medicine or butter. For instance I like to have lecithin in any medicine I make but I don't always use it when I make my butter.

For a good read on why you should use lecithin in some of your preparations have a look at chewys thread in this section.

The first wash is real simple I poor some of the ice cold alcohol into the jar cap it cleanly and then I shake it for 45 seconds. Then I screen it through a simple screen. Pressing it down with the spoon. Then I scoop it back into the jar and stick it in the freezer. It's best to get a real nice clean seal on the lid or you're going to be shaking alcohol all over yourself. Which is exactly what I did already on the first run.

I have significant problems with carpal tunnel. So I use Google to dictate my posts. For some reason Google likes the change my personal pronouns around and can even change the entire freaking meaning of what I write.
    So bear with me. If I have to do many Corrections I'll have to make these posts over two or three days.

Now this weed had been in a jar with Boveda 62 percent packs for about 9 months. Earlier in my post Google changed something I said about that so I just wanted to make clear it's the long-term storage with Boveda packs that make this weed look kind of a dirty Brown. Most growers in the states are switching over to 54% Boveda packs it helps to set the terpenes in better leaves a nice bag of appeal.

So that first jar is going to get a second wash after all the other jars get their first wash. I will be doing 45 seconds the first and the second wash.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (05-06-16), Deku Nut (26-07-21), ERBURT (05-06-16), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16)

Thanks

One other note above I have white coffee filters sitting on my counter. There are good reasons to use unbleached filters but I'm simply using what I have.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

What proof is that grain alcohol? Can I make that stuff you show me yesterday with this method without making butter? If so, how?
    Last edited by GEORGE; 05-06-16 at 06:19 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast