Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jingo's butter, oil and Coco cap thread

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    What proof is that grain alcohol?
    95% grain alcohol. I don't know if they have that in Florida. A lot of guys will use isopropyl alcohol to save money and I suppose if you do it right it's pretty safe.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

So I run all the jars through their first wash. That used up about two and a third fifths a grain alcohol. The big bottle neck in this process is filtering the alcohol. When I'm making butter I filter one time.

When I make medicine RSO Coco caps I do two filters. I also winterize. I'll be going into that a little bit later. Here are a few pictures.

I forgot to mention I like to keep a clean jar lid to go back on the jars when I put them in the freezer. And of course I always clean the rim of the jar with a paper towel. Alcohol is flammable it's not a terribly flammable solvent compared to others that are used in this process but it's still good to not be shaking it all over yourself.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), ERBURT (05-06-16), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

Now I'm simply going to wait for the first one to finish filtering before I do the second. Mostly because my feet ache and my back aches and I'm going to go sit down and smoke a little strawberry blue. Oh by the way hotshot later on I'll talk about how you can make this stuff smokable. That may be the only real reason for you to use this method if you're going to give it a try is to have some butter and some to smoke.

I also forgot to mention that I usually squeeze the crummy filters out into a clean filters to move this process along. And I keep telling myself I need to get more funnels.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), ERBURT (05-06-16), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

So after I filter the first wash I go ahead and run it through the distiller. Here's what it looks like once I was done filtering.

I go ahead and pour that into the pitcher under my distiller. Then I make a marked with a dry erase marker on the level. That lets me know when I'm about ready to turn my distiller to a crusty mess inside.

And that's what it looks like after a little while I've never actually checked the time it takes.

The next picture shows you how far along I am in the filtering process on the second run.

I don't want to risk turning the inside of my distiller into a mess so I simply stop the process early when I've got a lot of extra alcohol. I pour that out into a jar and stick it in the fridge to cool off. I do quite a bit of heating of the products during this process. Which actually works quite well because it makes the weed more sedative and narcotic. It's also a good way to take weed that hasn't gotten Amber enough and with multiple Heating and freezing you can make it very sedative and narcotic.

So here is the result

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

My second wash is now in the distiller and all my jars have gone into the dishwasher.

So I'm going to talk a little bit about what I call medicine. First off it's kind of silly to suggest this butter isn't medicine. If I were doing a standard water and butter stovetop extraction using one ounce of weed per pound of butter. The brownies I made with that extraction would be one fourth as strong as this extraction with one ounce of weed per pound of butter.

So you must be a high tolerance user if you want to make this butter at the strength that I like to. I forgot that my wife is taking a break from the butter for a while and when she came back I had to double all the butter that I had. So now I'm going to make this extraction with 6 pounds of butter to 4 ounces of cannabis. This will make it a little stronger for me and her tolerance is up so we still be pretty good.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

Okay now we will talk about medicine specifically RSO and Coco caps.

When making both I want my extraction to be a strong as possible. So I go to Greater lengths to filter it. I do a second filter on top of the counter top. I then throw it in the freezer for 24 hours and filter it again. That process is known as winterizing. The whole purpose is to remove the plant waxes lipids and other little crap that settles out.

If I want to make smoke I actually do three filters on top of the counter top. Then I distill it down further in the distiller and put the remaining syrup onto the Teflon sheets inside my dehydrator. I can clean that dehydrator out with my air compressor and I have a HEPA filter on the intake. So with a little bit of warm so I can evaporate off the alcohol and leave kind of a Taffy like shatter.

To make RSO I run the distiller down a little bit further to get that syrupy mixture again. Then I put the resulting mixture inside a coffee cup and I put that coffee cup on top of a coffee cup warmer. It's just one of those things you put your coffee on to keep it warm if you don't drink fast enough. I put a coffee filter over the top as a little tent and I let the alcohol slowly evaporate off a nice and safe and easy.

As I stated at the beginning I like a process that I don't have to sit on top of. This one lets me walk off sit and smoke a couple bowls watch some TV you know the drill.

When I make Coco caps I simply put as much coconut oil into the distiller as I want to use to make my caps. That keeps me from getting a crusty crud inside my distiller and I can take the resulting mixture out and mix that up with some liquid lecithin and get a very very potent Coco cap.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16), ToughCall (20-03-22)

Thanks

I went ahead and distilled down my second wash and added both the first and second to 6 pounds of butter and put it on top of the stove. Now I typically distill my first and second wash down further than I did this time. But I've done quite a few runs with his alcohol and I decided it's okay if there's extra alcohol in there too kind of boil off as I'm mixing the butter together. I also like to add a little bit of liquid lesson cuz it just seems to make it a little bit more potent.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16), ToughCall (20-03-22)

Thanks

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm making Edibles and it really doesn't matter I would have filtered out first washed twice. Because I really don't like that brown color and there's a little bit more in the butter than I like.

This process does have some water in it and you can remove that water the same way you do with the typical butter water process. Specifically you want to use a tall Container plastic works well and put it in the fridge overnight because the water will all be on the bottom and remain liquid where the butter will be on the top remain solid.

I thought of using a tall piture and putting a tube down the side of the picture to the bottom so that when you put it in the fridge or even in the freezer you can actually pour the water off through the tube.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Personally, I really don't care about them moisture in the butter. All I really do is keep it stirred up real well and the ladle it into plastic freezer jars. With it in the freezer it won't go bad with the water distributed evenly around the jars there's very little compared to your standard water process.

I'll take a couple pictures after it's all set up in the fridge.

Next time I make some Coco caps or RSO or shatter I'll post up the pictures here. In fact I'll post up the pictures of my next butter run which should look much better.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay I had to check how much alcohol I have reclaimed and wasted this process. I planned about a pint of waste just putting it on the stove top with the butter. I found that I've used about a fifth of alcohol that I haven't reclaimed. I suppose the difference is probably evaporation and the loss the filters and such and I could probably tighten up my process a little bit and reclaim some of that. But overall I'm quite happy with results that I get doing it this way.

I should add in the past I tried putting the butter directly in the distiller like I can do with the coconut oil, but that ended up making a frothy oily mess halfway up the distiller.

So what I have typically done is put in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil for keeping the distiller from getting to crusty and I can pour that out and use it to make my butter.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast