Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jingo's butter, oil and Coco cap thread

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,624 Times

So tomorrow I'm going to post a few pictures of the butter and then I'll just let this thread time to rest until the next time I process something.

If you're reading here in the medical section you can see that I don't get real specific about quantities of coconut oil and such. I'm not trying to save my life or my wife's life. Thankfully we're doing really rather well all things considered. My goals at this stage are simply to keep my cannabinoid levels at a high enough levelto keep my function going. I also want to build up my wife's tolerance over time so that if I need to give her a huge life-saving doses of cannabinoids I'll be able to do it. And I also won't have to run around and figure out how to do it and gather supplies Etc. So you can call this my preparedness thread also.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (05-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

lol, that was a real good lesson there, but such a dumb ass that I am, I could never in a million years understand what you just did. haha

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

So here is a picture of 6 pounds of butter ready to go in the freezer.

The second picture is left over most of that white stuff is going to be water it's possible there could be a touch of alcohol still in there. So I'm going to throw this in the freezer or the fridge probably the fridge and I'll scoop that butter out of there and have it on my toast or the next couple days.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (06-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    lol, that was a real good lesson there, but such a dumb ass that I am, I could never in a million years understand what you just did. haha
    It's a rather long process and one I take more for my wife than I do for myself. I used to make butter by simply taking a half pound of weed dumping it into a pot with 8 1/2 pounds of butter cooking it for 2 hours and strain and out the butter. But that's pretty strong tasting stuff.

Works good though.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (06-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    It's a rather long process and one I take more for my wife than I do for myself. I used to make butter by simply taking a half pound of weed dumping it into a pot with 8 1/2 pounds of butter cooking it for 2 hours and strain and out the butter. But that's pretty strong tasting stuff.

Works good though.
    NO kidden that is how I done it once, it was awful to taste but fuck me up for about 10 hours, but I didn't like that much, so I think I will just stick to smoking. I was right there with you until you got to the distill part, then I got lost. haha
    Last edited by GEORGE; 06-06-16 at 12:50 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (26-07-21), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

Okay another week and another butter run. I'm going to do this one a bit different both in my method and then my final outcome. My plan is to have some good strong medicated tinctures as well as butter. So I'm going to go ahead and do the process I talked about last week which is winterization.

To get started on my use a quarter pound of Colombian gold. This is actually 4 ounces and 5 grams.

I didn't take any pictures of the preparation of breaking them off the stems and putting it in the oven to push out the moisture. What I can tell you is the buds broke up at a real nice even size and had great dryness and cure throughout. So I simply spread them out on a tray and put them in the oven at a couple hundred degrees for about 20 minutes. Then I loaded them in Pint jars at 12 grams per jar.

Now I experimented around with different wash times and also different quantities in the jar.

After a little bit of work I determined that 10 grams of Colombian gold in a pint jar with a half inch of Headroom after the alcohol is added, that is, can be shook for 2 & a half minutes removing all the trichomes.

The funny thing about following this process is I still use the same amount of alcohol as I did when I was washing twice. But I have less time used up in the filter process. Which I like a lot and I've added some more funnels so I can speed up my filtering.

So I ended up with nearly a gallon of infused alcohol and I'm going to take that and reduce it by about two-thirds in my little water distiller.

Marked a line on my pitcher so I know when to shut off my distiller as it fills up with clean alcohol.
    Then the resulting quantity will go in the freezer overnight where I will filter it tomorrow and draw off what I'm going to keep for my tinctures.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (12-06-16), Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (15-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

I've now reclaimed not quite two-thirds of my alcohol and what I have left over once it's winterized will be known as green dragon. It will be a very potent tincture.

So into the freezer with this mix for a final filter tomorrow where I'll draw probably 70 mil for two tincture bottles. They will be handy for a quick way to medicate with juice or tea, etc.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (12-06-16), Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (15-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

So I now have the alcohol wash in the freezer overnight and I'm going to go ahead and filter it again. This is to remove any lipids waxes, etc.

Now apparently I didn't save a picture of the filters afterwards. Which is kind of stupid because that's a step that's worth seeing. I'll just have to make sure I get it in there again next time I do this kind of a run.

Anyway I decided I wanted my tinctures to be a little bit stronger than what I originally thought. So I pulled out a hundred Mill of liquid and I put it in a coffee cup with a little filter over the top as a tent to keep out the dust and then I set that down on a coffee cup warmer. It can sit there most of the day and it'll just reduce it in a real safe manner that I don't have to pay attention to. If I happen to go too far I can just add more alcohol.

I decided I'm going to cook down the rest of that alcohol in a day or two and make my better then and I should have these tinctures done today or tomorrow.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (04-01-21), Buster (13-06-16), Deku Nut (26-07-21), GEORGE (15-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,096 Times

Blinding thread jingo and very helpful

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buster For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-16), Ironman (14-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Blinding thread jingo and very helpful
    Thanks buster

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast