Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: First coco grow. Mentored by Bud Lightyear

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Default First coco grow. Mentored by Bud Lightyear

I've just got myself some Kritikal Bilbo seeds and some canna coco pro and canna coco a and b.

This will be my first proper coco grow, I've been growing in soil just over a year and thought I would bite the bullet and try the coco everybody raves about!

( guy in the shop said be careful with the canna coco because it's got feed to last a few weeks??)

I'm just trying to get my head round a few things and I'll try and break it down into a few different questions on here.

I'll be growing in pots with good run off each time to waste.

1 Do I ph the feed to 5.8 every feed?

2 Can I mix enough canna to last me a week?

3 Do I feed in the coco Straight from seedling or wait for the plant to show signs and then start with 0.3-0.4 above base ec.
    I live in a soft water area and my base is about 0.2 if that helps.

How do I know when to change my ec, should I be measuring the run off to determine this or is it more reading the plant?

Sent from my sweaty pit!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (29-07-16), Bud Lightyear (28-07-16), rockhopper (28-07-16), Volcano (04-01-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dick turpin View Post
    I've just got myself some Kritikal Bilbo seeds and some canna coco pro and canna coco a and b.

This will be my first proper coco grow, I've been growing in soil just over a year and thought I would bite the bullet and try the coco everybody raves about!

( guy in the shop said be careful with the canna coco because it's got feed to last a few weeks??)

The guy in the hydro shop is talking bollocks. Canna coco pro plus contains trichoderma which is a bunch of beneficial bacteria...Canna coco is completely inert and contains NO food..

I'm just trying to get my head round a few things and I'll try and break it down into a few different questions on here.

1 Do I ph the feed to 5.8 every feed. In essence yes but it helps if you vary it from 5.6 to 5.9 in veg and up to 6.1 in flower.

2 Can I mix enough canna to last me a week? Yes providing you can aerate and keep the solution at the correct temperature.

3 Do I feed in the coco Straight from seedling or wait for the plant to show signs and then start with 0.3-0.4 above base ec.

2ml per litre rhizo for the first week to 10 days then start them on a light feed of A&B with rhizo.

How do I know when to change my ec, should I be measuring the run off to determine this or is it more reading the plant?

You will need to increase the feed strength as the plants get bigger and their demand for feed increases, small increments till you find a sweet spot is the trick.

Sent from my sweaty pit!
    Good luck with the grow mukka

Regards BL

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bushwacked74 (02-10-16), Dazmandaz (30-07-16), rockhopper (28-07-16), the brit (01-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

Good Luck dick turpin, hope all goes well for you......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Good luck with the grow mukka

Regards BL
    Thought he was talking out of his Arse Bud, he was trying to sell me vegetable seeds!

Going to have to go get some rhizo and get the show on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (29-07-16), rockhopper (29-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

1 Do I ph the feed to 5.8 every feed?

2 Can I mix enough canna to last me a week?

Sent from my sweaty pit!

Good luck with the Grow Dp

Q1.... 5.8 is fine throughout the whole grow, although some people tailor there feeds.. I.e 5.6ph in veg for better calcium uptake..

Q2.... You can indeed mix up 1 weeks worth of feed, You'll Need an airstone or equivalent to keep the mix fresh..

Q3.... 7/10 days with just water & rhitzo is fine, Then 0.3/4 including background ec will be fine, gradually increase as plant loses colour or measure ec run off with meter..

Ps, Coco contains no feed at all..

Subbed

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (29-07-16), Dazmandaz (30-07-16), rockhopper (29-07-16), Samwise Gamgee (14-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.BARACUS View Post
    Good luck with the Grow Dp

Q1.... 5.8 is fine throughout the whole grow, although some people tailor there feeds.. I.e 5.6ph in veg for better calcium uptake..

Q2.... You can indeed mix up 1 weeks worth of feed, You'll Need an airstone or equivalent to keep the mix fresh..

Q3.... 7/10 days with just water & rhitzo is fine, Then 0.3/4 including background ec will be fine, gradually increase as plant loses colour or measure ec run off with meter..

Ps, Coco contains no feed at all..

Subbed
    How does this ec runoff determine my feed, I've read all this before but I forget and can't find info on it. I know it's on this site somewhere, a full article on this exact topic, I've read the bloody thing!

Looking for a mentor if you fancy helping out!

Plants are already in pots, didn't get the rhizo because nearest shop is 10 miles away now, funny when it used to be 1/2 a mile and everywhere a closed down now.
    I've ended up with b and q liquid seaweed and feeding that half strength!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (29-07-16)

Thanks

Here they are in the propogator under the 125w CFL, once the bubba Kush and lemon Kush finish, I will put them under the hps and start flowering straight away.

Not happy at all with the bubba Kush, the buds are tiny on it, don't get me wrong the bus looks nice but they should be a lot bigger for 6 weeks into flower.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (29-07-16), Oxy (02-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,965 Times

How does this ec runoff determine my feed, I've read all this before but I forget and can't find info on it. I know it's on this site somewhere, a full article on this exact topic, I've read the bloody thing!

Looking for a mentor if you fancy helping out!

Plants are already in pots, didn't get the rhizo because nearest shop is 10 miles away now, funny when it used to be 1/2 a mile and everywhere a closed down now.
    I've ended up with b and q liquid seaweed and feeding that half strength!

Hi Dick

EC, measure what goes in, ie EC0.4, then measure the collected run-off, if it's lower than it was when it went in then you can up the ante. However, you're NOT looking to start "feeding" them until they get to 7-10 days, also you're aiming to get the girls established sub soil, so keep 'em hungry and let them roots go searching for moisture, less is definitely more during this period, easy does it! if you're achieving run-off you're over doing it!

ATB

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockhopper For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (29-07-16), Hippy Crack (27-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
    Hi Dick

EC, measure what goes in, ie EC0.4, then measure the collected run-off, if it's lower than it was when it went in then you can up the ante. However, you're NOT looking to start "feeding" them until they get to 7-10 days, also you're aiming to get the girls established sub soil, so keep 'em hungry and let them roots go searching for moisture, less is definitely more during this period, easy does it! if you're achieving run-off you're over doing it!

ATB
    Keep up the good advice guys, I'm learning fast!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (29-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Keep up the good advice guys, I'm learning fast!!

If you want a mentor on this grow I would be up for it

Regards BL

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (29-07-16), Dazmandaz (30-07-16), Hippy Crack (29-07-16), rockhopper (29-07-16), Samwise Gamgee (31-07-16)

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast