Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: First coco grow. Mentored by Bud Lightyear

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Yeah that will cause the Ph to fluctuate mate, organics and chems don't get on very well ...

Regards BL
    Learn something new everyday, and that's exactly why I'm the student!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Right Bud, the flowering room will be free this weekend, the lemon Kush I had on with the bubba Kush is full of seeds ( worse than I thought at further inspection) I must have pulled that hermie way too late.
    So what's the point in growing it any longer wasting all that electric on seed production, the nice buds at the top I will dry and cure, all the rest prob 40/50% of it to be fair will go through the bags to make some nice hash.

Absolutely gutted, but it's not a total loss I guess.

So all that done, hopefully get the seedlings under the hps and get the show on the road.

I'm going to clean the flower room, but can the pollen hang about and stay alive?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (03-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

The pollen can stay viable for quite some time i believe but this is not the field of knowledge so best to consult with someone like M_C, or FACE...
    A solution of 20% bleach in a spray bottle should kill it off following a good rinse down and good hoover when dry...Oh and wall paper steamers make good sterilizers just be careful not to over do it on fabrics etc..

Regards BL

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (03-08-16), JB (08-08-16)

Thanks

The pollen can stay viable for quite some time i believe but this is not the field of knowledge so best to consult with someone like M_C, or FACE...
    A solution of 20% bleach in a spray bottle should kill it off following a good rinse down and good hoover when dry...Oh and wall paper steamers make good sterilizers just be careful not to over do it on fabrics etc..

Regards BL
    Sound, think I will go OTT on it to be fair, are we starting with the bulb dimmed to 400w?

Another thing, do I need to let the water sit for 24hr with coco or am I good to go from the tap?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (03-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dick turpin View Post
    Sound, think I will go OTT on it to be fair, are we starting with the bulb dimmed to 400w?

Another thing, do I need to let the water sit for 24hr with coco or am I good to go from the tap?

400w is a bit overkill for seedlings but will be fine if you have it about 800mm above the plants and keep a close eye on the temps, you will need a small fan gently blowing over the babies just enough to make them flutter in the breeze...Yeah mate allow your water to gas off the chlorine overnight before making any feed solutions up..

Regards BL

Thanks

400w is a bit overkill for seedlings but will be fine if you have it about 800mm above the plants and keep a close eye on the temps, you will need a small fan gently blowing over the babies just enough to make them flutter in the breeze...Yeah mate allow your water to gas off the chlorine overnight before making any feed solutions up..

Regards BL
    I can leave it under the 125 another few days no sweat, I'm not in a rush at all.
    Still on the root feed, seem to coming on nicely, over and out!

Bud have you thought of how long we're going to veg and if we're going to use any training or topping?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (04-08-16)

Thanks

Sent from the mental institute!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (04-08-16), JB (08-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dick turpin View Post
    I can leave it under the 125 another few days no sweat, I'm not in a rush at all.
    Still on the root feed, seem to coming on nicely, over and out!

Bud have you thought of how long we're going to veg and if we're going to use any training or topping?

Yeah top and LST would be a good plan, the veg time will be more down to the size and shape we want them rather than the length of time unless your against the clock. Ill go more into that with you when the time comes..The CFL is fine for now mate, how close do you have it ?

Regards BL

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (07-08-16), JB (08-08-16)

Thanks

It's almost touching them.
    No there isn't a timescale, the way I see this is, your basically growing this from your arm chair and I do whatever you say. Basically I'm your performing monkey.
    your growing skills are far superior to mine and I totally respect that so let's hope we get some huge colas and I don't mess this up for you!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (07-08-16), Bud Lightyear (07-08-16)

Thanks

Right got the rhizo, fans blowing gentle breeze and humidifier set to come on few times a day.

When should I start with the a and b?

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (07-08-16), Bud Lightyear (07-08-16), JB (08-08-16)

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast