Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My vaping Journey - Samwise does vapping :)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

hi sam nice little topic

i too am on a quest to give up smoking but still want the weed ,i was smoking ten cigars a day in joints then switched to neat weed only to get me off the nicotine ,this was just before i started to grow my own and fook me was that expensive and which forced my hand really to grow my own and ive not looked back since

i too have done exactly every thing your doing now in regards the ecig , vape route and im not gonna lie for me personally you cant beat a good old fat joint (neat weed) , i find the different methods bring different types of stone but the best stone for me personally so far

for vaping i started of on the storz and bickel plenty and looking back wish i had kept it now but found my self attached to it sat next to a wall most of the time lol i did not like this and also i thought the bowl was far to big but looking back now it was the right size and i also needed to get some thing mobile so i could use out and about as i was stopping smoking
    , i managed to do this for a month and then relented and had a neat weed j and insantly felt the different stone which i liked more .
    i sold this and got a crafty portable but i found the battery life on this to be no use as a full time smoker tool as the battery doesnt hold enough charge and takes 2 hours to fully charge ,again this is no good for me .
    i also find the crafty gets dirty and gooey real quick as well ,although it sounds like im whinging about it i am not it is a good device and im still using it the now as well as neat weed joints .

i tried to make my own ecig juice but that wasnt a too good experience i think i had my ratios all wrong and i tried to make my own juice , im gonna try this method again when i harvest and make oil and im gonna use that dw pro mix juice you told me about so ill see how that goes .

good luck on your journey getting of the nicotine its not an easy battle but worth it in the end and sorry for hijacking your post with my bible length post lol

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), biggiebri (30-03-17), GEORGE (05-02-17), JB (11-08-16), Samwise Gamgee (11-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    I have the s and b plenty Sam

Im sat looking at it now whilst smoking a bifter lol

Im getting to that age now where you know you gotta make a change.

I used an iolite years ago for a bit,didnt like it.
    Iv tried the plenty once and it just makes me cough.

Ill sub to follow ya journey dear,might find the answer Im looking for eh?
    hi beth start the plenty of on setting 3 / 4 and if that still makes you cough then next time try setting 2/3

the coughing usually happens because the vape is to hot for your throat and once you started to cough its hard to go back down a level and start because youve already aggravated your throat , and also dont try and toke it like a fag or ecig i find long slow draws will also help with the coughing , this is just my opinion and feel free to tell me to shut up ,good luck with your vaping journey

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Hi Guys,

So I have tidied the thread up above to save any confusion

So I followed the above guide and ended up with some e-juice so I added some to my cheapo pen and vaped

The cartridge in the pen below is the canna juice:

The experiment was a partial success, I did get a bit of a hit out of the vape, but it was a bit harsh on the back of the throat, it also had a slightly unpleasant taste to it. I also found that after a few day the pg/vg oil and the rso seem to separate

So one step forward two steps back, so I done a lot more reading and came across some E-liquid that is especially made for concentrates, it is tasteless, and odourless and will not separate once mixed
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 11-08-16 at 01:19 PM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), Dazmandaz (11-08-16), Dutchcourage (11-08-16), Fan leaf Phil (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), JB (11-08-16), M_C (11-08-16)

Thanks

So the mix that I found was called DBMIXPro, and it is available via Amazon

So the downside, is this stuff is only available from the US, and it isn't cheap by the time you import it. But I took the plunge, as tbh the cost was the equivalent to about 2 pouches of baccy in the grand scheme of things

So the mix finally arrived, and I made up my next batch of canna e-juice . This time thou I kept adjusting the levels of oil in the mix, until I got a nice hit off the vape, I probably used about 5g of oil in all, but made up about 15ml of vape juice

So again, I had some success, using my cheapo pen this was a lot better hit, and the juice wasn't harsh and didn't taste half as bad as PG/VG mix, and an added bonus was the it was odourless

I tested this in a few places and even sat puffing on it in my mothers back garden, without an eyebrow raised

So I had refined the solution but I did find one thing, the cheapo pen never had any type of airflow so essentially you really didn't get a decent drag off it

I think in hindsight this was due to the cheap pens being a lower voltage, and essentially the e-juice is thicker than most e-juice, so takes a higher wattage to burn effectively

So my journey continues, but now I need to find a cost effective pen that had varied voltage that I could vape my new canna e-juice in
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 11-08-16 at 01:22 PM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (11-08-16), Dutchcourage (11-08-16), Fan leaf Phil (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), M_C (11-08-16)

Thanks

Really enjoying this thread mate, lots of great info. I'd pack the bacci in tomorrow if I had that set up.
    Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fan leaf Phil For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-17)

Thanks

So we are nearly up to the present day

Again I done a lot of reading of review sites as I was looking for a pen type device that looked discrete, with variable voltage and didn't cost the earth. I didn't want a device that looked like I was taking a breathalyser test when having a toke

So after a lot of reading I came across this device

If you want to google it, it is called a Jac Vapour Series-E Stainless Steel Aero Kit. I bought a start kit which came in at around £70, but that came with a extra battery, so I could always have one on charge, and everything else I needed to get started

So I got it through yesterday, and its a lovely bit of kit, build quality is excellent, and even for a novice vapour its dead easy to put together. I filled it up with the canna e-juice and charged her up
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 11-08-16 at 02:10 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), Dazmandaz (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), M_C (11-08-16)

Thanks

hi sam i bought my ecig specifically for vaping weed and had a good conversation with the guy at the shop and i got an aspire k4 starter kit (45quid), it comes with a clieto tank which has a big wick and opening so is ideal for our purposes (non clogging) and is also mouth to lung experiance which we require for that hit effect ,im also pretty sure you can use any 510 size tank with this as well but dont quote me on that

i bought a bottle of glycerin from boots the chemist a couple of quid and a lot of faffin to make my juice which in hindsight was shit , your way is defo much better and i think i might get the results im after , will defo be trying this again in the next week or 2

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), Samwise Gamgee (11-08-16)

Thanks

So last night I dedicated a few hours of my time testing the new pen

It was a delight to use, and I ended up getting very nicely stoned, the taste was actually nice as again I could taste the weed in the oil. The pen has 3 voltages, 3.7a, 4.2a and 4.8 amps, tbh its trial and error which is best for you, but I have found the higher you go the more chesty it gets

I am currently using it at 4.2a and haven't had a joint now since yesterday morning, and at the minute I am more than happy with it

The pen also allows for variable air low with a little valve you can open and close, I have this wide open which means you can get a nice low resistance toke, rather than it feeling like your trying to suck a golf ball through a hose pipe

I have added another picture below, filled with the canna e-juice:

So now we are at today, I feel like I have made a great stride forward now in giving up baccy, but next I want to test adding a tobacco concentrate to the canna e-juice to see if I can get as close to a joint as possible and also stop any nicotine cravings I may get from giving up the joints

Hope this helps someone, I will add more updates to this thread as I go, and if you decide to give it a go, then please add anything useful here
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 11-08-16 at 02:02 PM.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), Dazmandaz (11-08-16), Dutchcourage (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), JB (11-08-16), M_C (11-08-16)

Thanks

The vapour that you exhale is odourless fella it literally only hangs in there seconds as its vapour, rather than smoke, so is a lot heavier

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcourage View Post
    Hey Fan leaf, excuse my stupidity but wouldn't people smell what was being exhaled??/

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), Dutchcourage (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), JB (11-08-16)

Thanks

Sorry to cut you off mid flow there fella, let us know the make of the pen an how it does, would be good to have some alternatives tbh

I use the one pen now during the day for just tobacco replacement when I am at work, and the mighty and the canna e-juice when I am at home, although I have taken the e-juice to a BBQ before and no one noticed anything

these vapes are all pretty similar with different tanks and stuff fitting different devices so I am sure the one I have isn't the only one that would do a good job

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmandaz View Post
    hi sam i bought my ecig specifically for vaping weed and had a good conversation with the guy at the shop and i got an aspire k4 starter kit (45quid), it comes with a clieto tank which has a big wick and opening so is ideal for our purposes (non clogging) and is also mouth to lung experiance which we require for that hit effect ,im also pretty sure you can use any 510 size tank with this as well but dont quote me on that

i bought a bottle of glycerin from boots the chemist a couple of quid and a lot of faffin to make my juice which in hindsight was shit , your way is defo much better and i think i might get the results im after , will defo be trying this again in the next week or 2

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), Dazmandaz (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), Ginger-bud (29-05-18), Mazzer (11-08-16)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast