Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: The Parabolic Reflector Thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Exactly as AND says above mate

The negative pressure is caused by your extraction fan. Your tent is sealed and the extraction is constantly exchanging air. (Stale air out fresh air in) It should always remove more air out than its pulling in. This is known as negative pressure and by doing so it allows all stale air to pass through your carbon filter which In turn removes pretty much all risky smells with no leaks.

Due to this negative pressure it’s constantly pulling your tent sides in, so let’s say you have a 1.2 tent. With the air pull the actual space inside your tent will most likely be around 1.0 x 1.0 or maybe 1.1 x 1.1 as the air pull draws your tent sides in tight to your tent poles. So a 1m parabolic will be a like for like size and will be a very tight fit with no room for air movement to pass through your area. Heat rises so you need space for the lower heat to reach the top and leave via your extraction keeping your temps in check.

As for the bungees they attach on the poles inside, corner to corner. They have to be pulled and fastened really tight to take effect. Garden canes or planks of wood work in the same way
    Thanks blue makes sense now I understand what you mean and I get what your saying with the bungees too just so they act as like a resistance to the tent pulling in am I right?And so going off what you are sayin my best bet if I’m taking air extraction and space in to consideration in a 1.2x1.2x2.0 would be to go for the 800?
    Thanks Blue man much appreciated✌️💚

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

AND (11-08-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmshop View Post
    I took blues advice and bought the 80cm para shade for my 1.2 roof cube.
    Left me a nice gap all the way round after the tent walls had been drawn in from the extraction. I think the 80cm para is classed as medium. The large is the 100cm.
    I ran the 600w hps in it and ran like a dream 👍🏻
    Sweet! Thanks Farmshop might just go with the 800 then 👍

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

AND (11-08-18)

Thanks

Tbh what is the real difference from 1000 to 800 apart from the size?They both still do the same job right I’m guessing the larger model is meant to disperse more light giving supposedly even bigger yield or am I wrong? Or is it simply for bigger wattage of bulbs??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BudMarley For This Useful Post:

AND (11-08-18)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7