Been Thanked: 39,741 Times
    Provided Answers: 45

Think ba used sugar on his last grow

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (26-10-20), GEORGE (26-10-20), matts.fish (24-08-16)

Thanks

I was reading about this recently guys. Apparently all molasses has sulphur in it as a trace element and the trace elements & carbohydrates nourish the beneficial organisms in your soil. The problem is with sulphur dioxide, which has the opposite effect and hinders or kills your beneficials. So if your blackstrap has a trace of sulphur, that's fine. Any more then it'll be sulphur dioxide and you mustn't use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robbertie For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (26-10-20), GEORGE (26-10-20), matts.fish (24-08-16)

Thanks

Meridian are pretty reliable, I've always used them for a nimber of purposes with no adverse affects. Here is what Meridian had to say when I queried what the difference was between their molasses products:

Molasses is unsulphured. Meridian have 3 kinds of molasses: *Molasses – Pure Cane, *Blackstrap Organic Molasses & Blackstrap Organic Fairtrade Molasses.

Molasses is a natural by-product of sugar cane refining. Sugar cane is crushed and white sugar (pure sucrose) is extracted from the resulting juice. The nutrients remain in the juice and it is this residue that is classed as molasses. Several types of molasses are available, depending upon the stage from which they are extracted. The most nutritionally important is the “third extraction” or Blackstrap, which is the final residue from the whole process – and therefore the lowest in sugar and the highest in concentrated minerals. The name ‘blackstrap’ originates from the black ‘strap’ or mark that distinguished the casks of molasses from the casks of raw sugar that were shipped along with it.*

Therefore, although all our molasses contain a high mineral content, the blackstrap molasses are highest in concentrated minerals since it is from the "third extraction". The blackstrap in considered better nutritionally. However, there are only very slight variations within the nutrient content of both products. Our Meridian Organic Blackstrap Molasses is manufactured in South America by the traditional three stage boiling process.

Pure Cane Molasses are manufactured in the UK where a different method of sugar extraction is used.*In the UK a three stage sugar extraction is not used, but a different method which doesn’t involve 3 separate boilings but which has the same overall effect.* As the three boiling process is not used the term Blackstrap cannot strictly be used. However, the nutritional content of the finished Pure Cane Molasses product is basically the same as Blackstrap Molasses, just achieved by a different method.

Hope that helps?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gillyzzzz For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (26-10-20), GEORGE (26-10-20)

Thanks

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grim2107 For This Useful Post:

Dionysos (26-10-20), GEORGE (26-10-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gillyzzzz View Post
    Meridian are pretty reliable, I've always used them for a nimber of purposes with no adverse affects. Here is what Meridian had to say when I queried what the difference was between their molasses products:

Molasses is unsulphured. Meridian have 3 kinds of molasses: *Molasses – Pure Cane, *Blackstrap Organic Molasses & Blackstrap Organic Fairtrade Molasses.

Molasses is a natural by-product of sugar cane refining. Sugar cane is crushed and white sugar (pure sucrose) is extracted from the resulting juice. The nutrients remain in the juice and it is this residue that is classed as molasses. Several types of molasses are available, depending upon the stage from which they are extracted. The most nutritionally important is the “third extraction” or Blackstrap, which is the final residue from the whole process – and therefore the lowest in sugar and the highest in concentrated minerals. The name ‘blackstrap’ originates from the black ‘strap’ or mark that distinguished the casks of molasses from the casks of raw sugar that were shipped along with it.*

Therefore, although all our molasses contain a high mineral content, the blackstrap molasses are highest in concentrated minerals since it is from the "third extraction". The blackstrap in considered better nutritionally. However, there are only very slight variations within the nutrient content of both products. Our Meridian Organic Blackstrap Molasses is manufactured in South America by the traditional three stage boiling process.

Pure Cane Molasses are manufactured in the UK where a different method of sugar extraction is used.*In the UK a three stage sugar extraction is not used, but a different method which doesn’t involve 3 separate boilings but which has the same overall effect.* As the three boiling process is not used the term Blackstrap cannot strictly be used. However, the nutritional content of the finished Pure Cane Molasses product is basically the same as Blackstrap Molasses, just achieved by a different method.

Hope that helps?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Good to know, Thanks gilly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dionysos For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-10-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2