So last night I've tried for a third time to get high.

Now I can drink beer and get drunk.
Or pop a Percocet from my L&D 3 years ago and get high and fall asleep (I had to take a couple for a month due to a back injury). I have an incredible high pain tolerance and a very low tolerance to stimulants.
But living in CO, and having your entire family smoke, leaves you feeling like a narc.
My Mom grows and cultivates all her own stuff. And she gave my hubs and I some indica, and it was her weakest strand.

I took one hit. That's all.

My entire body went into tremors and shakes, my entire body felt of pins & needles and I was having cold sweats. On the pain scale (1 being no pain and 10 being excruciating) I was an 8. And this is coming from a woman that has had 4 kids shoot out of her gentleman greeter with zero pain meds (I shit you not!)

I did a quick Google to double check and (have worked in medicine in the past) I was able to confirm that I was in fact going into hypoglycemic shock.

I had a soda and fruit snacks and a couple cookies. I also had a large and healthy dinner only a few hours before that one toke.

Now I don't have any pre-existing conditions. I'm overweight but who isn't?! But I don't have any problems with my health.

My Mom wants me to try and get high with her but after that last spell I'm really put off.

Is this a sign that I shouldn't?
Has anyone else ever experienced this?
Is there a stupid weak strain out there that will get me the high I desire?
And for a bit of back history, this has happened every time I have tried to get high.