Thread: Lowest UK temps?

Thanks

Default Lowest UK temps?

Hi all,

I'm trying to keep my 2 ladies going as long as poss and they spend the night in a greenhouse but I keep it open for air. When it got to 9c recently I brought them in for the night, is that overkill? I know cannabis can cope with lower temps but what's the general rule of thumb anyone?

Cheers,

Mart

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

I know it's ideal To keep them up in the 20s but last winter it got down to 3 degrees in my shed and harvest was still good don't think you'll want them out there when the frost starts tho. Good luck mate

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (30-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    I know it's ideal To keep them up in the 20s but last winter it got down to 3 degrees in my shed and harvest was still good don't think you'll want them out there when the frost starts tho. Good luck mate
    Cheers GB, think I killed mine off a bit last year (purple round buds due to cold) so a bit nervous. Can bring them in as I say but only in a stuffy room with windows open a bit....that's alright isn't it? I chuck a 12" fan in there, plants leaves do tend to go bit dry...humidity ok at about 40

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

If possible, I believe that you should keep the night and day temperatures fairly close so the plant doesn't have regular extremes, I think I read somewhere it can affect bud quality?/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (30-09-16)

Thanks

i got a friesian dew and 2 ams plants outdoors still now .... temps have dipped to 6 c at night and all good so far

remember to only water or feed your plants early in the day and not just before nightfall as added moisture or excessive can lead to budrot.... and you dont want that

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anruari For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (30-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcourage View Post
    If possible, I believe that you should keep the night and day temperatures fairly close so the plant doesn't have regular extremes, I think I read somewhere it can affect bud quality?/
    Yep you are right, I'm in a bit of a situation where they do switch temps. In flower so that was my worry...basically they at 20-24c most of the day under CFL and are experiencing (now) temps 10c outside in greenhouse and will be dropping. No tent etc. Need the darkness. Def keeping em in tomorrow night

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mart_Aitch For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (30-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mart_Aitch View Post
    Yep you are right, I'm in a bit of a situation where they do switch temps. In flower so that was my worry...basically they at 20-24c most of the day under CFL and are experiencing (now) temps 10c outside in greenhouse and will be dropping. No tent etc. Need the darkness. Def keeping em in tomorrow night
    Good idea I think Mart

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

Mart_Aitch (01-10-16)