Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official all things WATERFARM thread!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    your gonna need 15l of pebbles i think.. did you use the 'farm as a measuring cup? im sure its 15l..
    Yeah filled top res first until brimmin' then used those.. I'd say it's about 9L worth of clay pebbles for the waterfarm, with 12L water res. The Aquafarm has a 35L water res so I bet they take around 15L in the top.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSkoolDude For This Useful Post:

MendoCruz (25-11-12), nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks

excellent post shark very very informative

i have a couple of questions if someone could answer them, is there anyway around having to water the seedlings/clones daily? and does the res need filling daily during flowering? these are the only two things i can see stopping me trying hydro out as i cant access my grow daily

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Green Man For This Useful Post:

nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks

the seedlings/clones need watering until the roots reach out the rockwool cube into the wet stones around them the drippers wont reach the seedling in the middle..so you will hand water, only for a couple of days until they are big enough to feed themselves. then the drippers take over.
    yes, the res's need daily attention, they hold about 6-7litres of solution, a plant will drink 3-4litres a day during veg and flower.
    you can get a central reservior to feed up to 8 waterfarms though,. maybe a good idea if you cant be there daily..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shark For This Useful Post:

nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks

Ive got the larger version (aquafarm)richie and it doesnt seem to need as much attention to the res, they can sometimes go up to 5/6 days although the bigger they're gettin the hungrier and thirstier they get.. great thread shark and the rest of the 'farmers' keep on farming!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ash50k For This Useful Post:

captianzanax (31-01-12), nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks

Gutted!!! 3 girls all in their own aquafarms 3 weeks into flowering, Ive discovered today signs of herms only on one of um tho took 2 early male like flowers off went downstairs kicked the cat argued wi the missus then sulked!! what do i do?? leave it keepin an eye on it and risk pollinating the lot or get rid now and just keep two when i really wanted the three?? looks fine now and the female buds are so developed that a couple of close trusted mates who have seen um think im telling porkies about them only being 20 days into flowering!

probably not the right place t post this but I really wanted my farming friends advice..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ash50k For This Useful Post:

nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks

thanks to both of you and gutted about the hermies ash50k

i might try the aquafarm then as its not much dearer or i might just wait till im in a better location, is there any hydro set up that be more suited for me? i can get to my grow 3 days out of 7 which is fine for soil but probably not for hydro.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Green Man For This Useful Post:

devil2878 (10-01-14), nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks

hi just wondering if any you guys can help me?can you buy a 4 pot waterfarm system,i read somewhere if you buy 3 you should get a 70% discount,all replies gratefully recieved

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Yir wee bud For This Useful Post:

nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ash50k View Post
    Gutted!!! 3 girls all in their own aquafarms 3 weeks into flowering, Ive discovered today signs of herms only on one of um tho took 2 early male like flowers off went downstairs kicked the cat argued wi the missus then sulked!! what do i do??
    You go apologise to the bloody cat for starters

If I were you I'd just keep a real close eye on them(though I sit and stare too much anyway), and remove any more that crop up

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks

another couple of questions to you farmers - what size holes do you drill in the bottom of the top pot ?
    would the size matter if your water or aqua ?
    also, when you mention changing the res, do you actually physically empty whats left in there via the drain tube and refill with fresh solution(i know that may sound obvious, just want to clarify)
    and what would you say is the best way to clean the whole thing up? inc tent etc...just a normal hot water and soapy solution ?

cheers for the help guys

18. The Following User Says Thank You to WaterBong For This Useful Post:

nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Thanks

Lightbulb

to fill.. just pour the solution into the top pot, just like you would water a soil plant. keep an eye on the blue level tube to know when youve filled enough.

to drain.. turn the blue tube on its side and the solution will drain out..use a bucket to catch it.. takes a while but works fine.

to test the res for ec and ph.. turn the blue tube on its side and collect a glass full of solution.. pour this first one back in top.. take a 2nd glassfull and test this for ph and ec.
    i test the 2nd glass just to make sure im not testing the stuff thats directly in the blue tube which might not be accurate.
    ok just read this on docs diary - so answered one question already

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaterBong For This Useful Post:

captianzanax (31-01-12), nuttygrower (10-11-13)

Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast