Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rdwc build/guide

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

since this thread seems to be a "all things RDWC", I thought id share my latest build with you.
    I was originally gonna use really useful boxes, and had extended the tank connectors by the time I realised that when the pigs stole all my other grow gear, they took the lids for these too. Ah bollix, I thought, and checked my wallet to see if I could afford some new lids. As, usual the wallet consisted of a pipe screen and some invisible money, so another plan was needed.
    I previously bought a load of totes to build a true undercurrent system, but due to the side angle they were no use. So I dug them out , and they had lids.
    So the lids were cut to suit some flood and drain bucket inners. These are about 250mm diameter, and the lip on the lid will mean that the plants are less likely to topple over when they get LARGE.
    So they will do, and I marked out my floor to the side of the tent, 1.2 by 2.4. Put the totes in place and pondered for a few days, as you do,. How many totes will I use, 2? 3 or 4. As usual gree d took over and less veg time of 4 was decided upon, and I started glueing fitting together it looked like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rdwc2.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	357679
    I was fairly happy, but they looked too close together for the size of plants I'm planning, so ive now decided it will be 3, not 4.
    A spray bar or 3 was made up, and altho I normally wait for my pump to check out the flow rates from the spray holes, ive done this long enough to know that 3mm holes x 8 per pot will provide lots of dO to the pots. the lids have a really handy flip up lid, so you can check the roots without lifting out the plant, which is always handy if you're as lazy as me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rdwc4.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	357680
    sprayerClick image for larger version. 

Name:	spray1.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	357681

so I needed a pump, so I got a hailea HX 8850 off the place we dare not mention. It shifts 5000l.hr uses 100watts, and has a head of 3.5 metres so it will be more than enough for these .

that's as far as ive got, I need the pump to make up the rest of the spray bars, and I need more pipe to cut for the returns, to make 3 fit properly in the tent, but I should be up and running shortly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rdwc3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	357682

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times

Just beautiful, a friggin thing of beauty. I need to check out chiller prices but I gotta do me one of these.

Current journal grow started march 11
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-dirt-4x4-tent

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,095 Times

Im loving this dude, can't get my head around what controls the flow of the water though 🤔 or is there not a pump that circulates the water in the system???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks

Doesn't matter. I've figured it out now haha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

ahh yeah, just seen this.
    the pump feeds the spray bars mate, the system isn't finished in the fotos. (its still not , I'm a lazy fooka). I will set the tent up, and finish it then, because once its all solvent welded together, its never coming apart lol.

I better pull me finger out the seeds have cracked, don't even have the tent up ha ha.

Against my own advice, I'm gonna try this without a chiller, and hope the temps stay low. Its a big risk to be honest, and it will all depend on the res temps, altho high water circulation rates can reduce the risk.
    I don't have the spare cash for a chiller, but a mate has a spare one if I need it (I don't like borrowing stuff off people).
    I will post something up when its up and running

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbillybob View Post
    ahh yeah, just seen this.
    the pump feeds the spray bars mate, the system isn't finished in the fotos. (its still not , I'm a lazy fooka). I will set the tent up, and finish it then, because once its all solvent welded together, its never coming apart lol.

I better pull me finger out the seeds have cracked, don't even have the tent up ha ha.

Against my own advice, I'm gonna try this without a chiller, and hope the temps stay low. Its a big risk to be honest, and it will all depend on the res temps, altho high water circulation rates can reduce the risk.
    I don't have the spare cash for a chiller, but a mate has a spare one if I need it (I don't like borrowing stuff off people).
    I will post something up when its up and running
    I was referring to the OP dude but yeah man get more pics of yours up when it's done laaa

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty_badger For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks

wow just awesome how much roughly m8

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kush king For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks

parts list jesse m8 im gonna build the same system with good pump and chiller run it under 1000w

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kush king For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

These things grow like fuck when there in tune only thing I don’t like is getting to all the parts of the pipes after a while when they get all dirty because it’s all glued and permanent.
    Mine was a lot more simple though and the bigger the pump for the spray bars the better I was running 2000lpm per bucket so the 5 including my brain bucket made it 12,000 lpm pump minimum
    Good luck lads
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-18)

Thanks

Magnificent! I watch this tonight from my computer.
    I plan to put myself at the rdwc too.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Myhyd For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-11-20)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast