Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rdwc build/guide

Hopper Guest

Now i see the light!
    Cracking Jess, Defo makes you wanna get building!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (19-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,323 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Ffs you even manage to make the system look good before any plants have even gone in!

Fine work JP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    And then I watched the video haha
    Haha couldnt drop a guide up without breaking her in dude glad you liked vid bro

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Now i see the light!
    Cracking Jess, Defo makes you wanna get building!!
    Ha dont it just, i wanna build another one dude aswel

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Dazmandaz (20-10-16)

Hopper Guest

What size is the space the system fits ideally do you think Jess?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (20-10-16)

Thanks

im not bein critical cos youve done a sterlinj job, but why the 32mm for the spray bars?
    ive made a few of these and find 22mm is easier to connect to most pumps, via a rubber reducer, and you wouldnt need the reducers etc?
    Just wonderin if im missin a trick, thats all. is there a reason for it

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (20-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    What size is the space the system fits ideally do you think Jess?
    Just look at it like one plant Needs one meter squared realy, my groom is just under two meters wide thats why i went for two. Only need a few weeks of quality vegg in this mate and they boom.

Quote Originally Posted by badbillybob View Post
    im not bein critical cos youve done a sterlinj job, but why the 32mm for the spray bars?
    ive made a few of these and find 22mm is easier to connect to most pumps, via a rubber reducer, and you wouldnt need the reducers etc?
    Just wonderin if im missin a trick, thats all. is there a reason for it
    Yeah dude 22mm is alot easier to work with and does the job pukka. You dont need 32mm at all esp on smaller systems, like i said ive done a few things on this that are abit ott but fuck it wasnt in a rush so why not i know it makes for harder work with reducers and all but fuck it

The idea being as ive got 4 entry points around my tub to spraybars, the 32mm header pipe will hold a larger water volume reduce pressure and spread around the pot better to feed the 360 spraybars Equaly, rather than most of the water being forced through its easiest path on the one side of spraybars at a higher pressure in the 22mm pipe. Hard to explain i know im mumbling on but im rather baked atm dude ha

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (20-10-16), Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Dazmandaz (20-10-16), jay jay (05-12-16), kush king (25-03-18)

Thanks

Can i join in?
    Not tryin to bomb your thread Jesse, just want to spread the RDWC love.

Heres a couple ive made.these use 40mm returns and 22mm spray bars, the 2 pot system fits into a 1.2 tent (just), and i only do autos in it. last run i had 700 jrams from a couple. they do take lonjer before showin flowers ive noticed,by at least a week or two.my 2 pot has a hailea 2800l/hr pump, run to spray bars with 12 holes per tote. I used to put in airstones too, but it was just ridiculous to be honest.
    the res end with pump , rubber reducer and pipe. I put the pipe thru the side of the tote in case it ever came away from the pump, now it cant because the box wont allow it.

i would also like to add that this system would be even better with a larjer pump, so if you are buildin one, use a larjer pump, somethin like a 4000l/hr one, you will have better water penetration and more DO, which is what its all about.

next up the inside of the tent
    the feed pipes to the top and obviously the returns to the bottom. There is a sinjle return to the res , the Tee is just below the feed pipe. I would use a double return next time.

For the returns i only have one at each end of the tote, i dont use a middle one like Jesse has. The returns at each end are to have an even displacement of water back to the res, and are at opposite ends to prevent the roots from joinj down the return pipes.
    If you do trees, like i have in the past its a idea to turn the plant every week to prevent the roots dissappearin down the returns. You can also fit a hi level overflow which returns back to the res if you are worried about root blockajes -i didnt bother, its not much hassle turnin every week is it?
    I am also a fan of havin the res outside the tent, for a few reasons- the nutrient wont heat up so much, and it takes up valuable plant space.
    I also run an alien XL 4 pot 55l RDWC and the res is inside the tent- it pisses me off no end
    here you can see the return pipes inside the kinjspan.
    im also usinj kinjspan, to insulate the totes and prevent them over heatinj, as i dont have a chiller with this set up.
    I dont have a chiller because the insiulation means the temps never are above 20 dejrees. altho i use a chiller for my other systems, and would recommend one, especially in summer..

here is another system i did, its a 4 pot in a 2.4 by 1.2 tent, and has spray bars runnin the lenjth of the totes, down both sides, kinda similar to jrandads old desijn, before he dissappeared - where is he anyway, he did some epic adventures.

i left a space for a oil filled rad between the 1st and 2nd totes in this pic, which i handy to remember if you're doin one.

And the res end, with the chiller. this one uses a 5800l/hr pump, and the returns enter the res from each side (there are 2 returns)

i am sure there is loads of other stuff ive forjot to mention, but will post it when it comes back lol.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

BornToBeAgrower (23-02-18), Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), JB (31-03-17), Jesse Pinkman (20-10-16), joker_the_smoker (21-10-16), noodle (17-12-16), Samwise Gamgee (20-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Cracking job mate, I'm so itching to go RDWC lol, you aint helping

Brilliant guide, thanks for taking the time to share

Sticky everyday of the week

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

badbillybob (21-10-16), Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Dazmandaz (20-10-16), JB (31-03-17), Jesse Pinkman (20-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by badbillybob View Post
    Can i join in?
    Not tryin to bomb your thread Jesse, just want to spread the RDWC love.

Heres a couple ive made.these use 40mm returns and 22mm spray bars, the 2 pot system fits into a 1.2 tent (just), and i only do autos in it. last run i had 700 jrams from a couple. they do take lonjer before showin flowers ive noticed,by at least a week or two.my 2 pot has a hailea 2800l/hr pump, run to spray bars with 12 holes per tote. I used to put in airstones too, but it was just ridiculous to be honest.
    the res end with pump , rubber reducer and pipe. I put the pipe thru the side of the tote in case it ever came away from the pump, now it cant because the box wont allow it.

i would also like to add that this system would be even better with a larjer pump, so if you are buildin one, use a larjer pump, somethin like a 4000l/hr one, you will have better water penetration and more DO, which is what its all about.

next up the inside of the tent
    the feed pipes to the top and obviously the returns to the bottom. There is a sinjle return to the res , the Tee is just below the feed pipe. I would use a double return next time.

For the returns i only have one at each end of the tote, i dont use a middle one like Jesse has. The returns at each end are to have an even displacement of water back to the res, and are at opposite ends to prevent the roots from joinj down the return pipes.
    If you do trees, like i have in the past its a idea to turn the plant every week to prevent the roots dissappearin down the returns. You can also fit a hi level overflow which returns back to the res if you are worried about root blockajes -i didnt bother, its not much hassle turnin every week is it?
    I am also a fan of havin the res outside the tent, for a few reasons- the nutrient wont heat up so much, and it takes up valuable plant space.
    I also run an alien XL 4 pot 55l RDWC and the res is inside the tent- it pisses me off no end
    here you can see the return pipes inside the kinjspan.
    im also usinj kinjspan, to insulate the totes and prevent them over heatinj, as i dont have a chiller with this set up.
    I dont have a chiller because the insiulation means the temps never are above 20 dejrees. altho i use a chiller for my other systems, and would recommend one, especially in summer..

here is another system i did, its a 4 pot in a 2.4 by 1.2 tent, and has spray bars runnin the lenjth of the totes, down both sides, kinda similar to jrandads old desijn, before he dissappeared - where is he anyway, he did some epic adventures.

i left a space for a oil filled rad between the 1st and 2nd totes in this pic, which i handy to remember if you're doin one.

And the res end, with the chiller. this one uses a 5800l/hr pump, and the returns enter the res from each side (there are 2 returns)

i am sure there is loads of other stuff ive forjot to mention, but will post it when it comes back lol.
    Ha fair play. no share the love man, thats what this thread is about dude. Look lovely systems there, fuckin bangin way of growing aint it. Yeah deffo agree with u on sigting chiller outside tent if u can. The do throw out some heat when going for it, just impossible ind my setup cuz cant have nothing on show outside of grrom like.

Cheers for sharing pics and system dude

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
    Cracking job mate, I'm so itching to go RDWC lol, you aint helping

Brilliant guide, thanks for taking the time to share

Sticky everyday of the week
    Ha sorry mate cheers dude, easy enough to build em mate. Hopefully just shows principal and that, ill get editing it soon with parts list ect

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), kush king (25-03-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

duno how missed this. top shelf information here. cracking guide. plan to have little build of this in the garage over the winter.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), Jesse Pinkman (26-10-16), kush king (25-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    duno how missed this. top shelf information here. cracking guide. plan to have little build of this in the garage over the winter.
    Cheers dude

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse Pinkman For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (07-11-16), joker_the_smoker (26-10-16)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast