Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A Guide To Re-vegging

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Far Side View Post
    Does the stress of being hacked back not affect the plant for the 2nd veg?
    Not at all mate.
    Instead of starting off from one main stem like you get the first time around, the budding sites allow for several main stems to grow, meaning bigger, better plants.

Very good post, nice one..I did not realise you can improve yield this way, that makes it very appealing to do.
    Thanks mate.
    An old mate of mine has a plant that he's re-vegged several times, the stem near the soil is as thick as my arm! lol.
    His yields are always very impressive!
    Last edited by Grub; 01-10-09 at 09:28 PM.

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tay View Post
    nice one grub mate

i'm going to be re-vegging a white diesel once it's finished, can wait to see those retarded shoots
    Have you sampled the White Diesel yet mate?
    I started to re-veg a Nirvana Bubblicious plant, until i'd dried out and sampled the crop...it was not a great smoke at all! The re-veg went in the composter the next day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

KMK (13-10-14)

Thanks

cheers , very helpfull,

Thanks

yea i will certainly be giving this a go.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Dragging this thread up

Is it possible to reveg in hydro?
    A friend of mine has a 10 pot IWS flood and drain systrem
    The roots grow out of basket pots.
    It makes sense with soil just wondering if it was good practice in hydro?

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Default Skipping a cycle

I have heard that it is better to skip a harvest and let the plant refeed itself. Once the harvest is dried and almost gone you can throw the flowers in the freezer and try to squeeze those trichomes out. There may not be many, but at least you will have a healthier plant.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dadita View Post
    I have heard that it is better to skip a harvest and let the plant refeed itself. Once the harvest is dried and almost gone you can throw the flowers in the freezer and try to squeeze those trichomes out. There may not be many, but at least you will have a healthier plant.
    ....what .....

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

carpetburn (30-11-13), ChuChu (30-11-13)

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    ....what .....

Ok, Maybe I didn't explain it well.

In nature many plants do not replicate the following year because someone has picked the flowers the year before. I do not know if you have ever been in an arberitum, but for instance, the Morton Arberitum has some beautiful pastures of flowers that go on as far as the eye can see. One area is Daffodils, another is Irises and so on. It is quite magnificent. There is a strict policy and fines if you pick the flowers. The reason being, every flower you pick, the next year, that bulb/seed/root whatever the makeup of the plant, will only bear foliage and no flowers. This is true of several species because the flower sends nutrients to the plant. I know this so well because at age 5, my grandmother had a one of a kind tulip occurance that made the newspapers. One bulb produced 7 flowers. It was because it was never touched, even though my grandmother let me pick her other tulips, for some reason, she steered me away from that one plant. So as a surprise for her, I picked the flowers for mother's day to give to her. Needless to say, she cried. And I learned a lesson.

Even with fruit trees, grape vines, etc. the first, second and maybe even third harvest, in professional orchards, are left to the developing mother plant.

I cannot remember the site, maybe Grasscity, that said that revegging a MJ would produce a weaker yeild and that success lies in not touching the plant, but letting the second harvest feed the plant and then enjoying the rewards with the third harvest. Of course, it states otherwise here. But let's face it, we will read and believe what we want and no one wants to hear someone tell them to leave precious product on the mother.

Then there are other plants, like tomatoes, peppers, roses etc that seem to do better with constant pruning, though, in my years of growing roses, my bushes did not do well until the 3rd or even 4th year. And I did notice that the bushes that I stole blooms from the first year did not do as well. And of course, I had initially picked the roses because they were so sweet and beautiful, while my daughter complained that I was ruining the bush. And like anyone who wants what they want, .:I called it rubbish and picked them anyhow.

So I guess it is catch as catch can. Use your own begotten brilliance and combine it with the knowledge folks so generosly provide to make your decision
    Last edited by dadita; 30-11-13 at 04:50 AM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dadita For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-09-16), Valentina (22-11-17)

Doubie Guest

I can see where you're coming from, however you missed a major point;

Cannabis is an Annual plant, meaning that it only lives for one growing season before dieing. Unlike perennials and biennials that last 2+ years.

Once a cannabis plant has finished flowering in the wild, it will die off if left under a natural 12/12 light cycle.
    Indoor growing techniques have allowed us to cheat this, by switching light cycles back to make the plant veg again.

Someone on the forum did an experiment to see how long it'll keep going for under 12/12, although I don't have a link it's an interesting read.

I have no idea what'd happen if you flower a plant indoors, don't harvest it, and then re-veg it before flowering it a 2nd time... Would be interesting to see results but it can take a plant a long time to re-veg.
    And would the results be that impressive to make up for the huge growing time before you can actually harvest it?
    Last edited by Doubie; 30-11-13 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,032 Times

load of bollox...I have revegged the same plant 4 times without any effect and get around the same amount and quality of weed every time

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carpetburn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-09-16), Valentina (22-11-17)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast